GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,442
4 members and 1,438 guests
AlizaXzd60, bannetattsa680, NikiMussen

Old 12-21-2000, 10:29 AM

Talking Do NPC sororities and NPHC sororities do stuff together sometimes?

I remember a post a while ago where mgdzkm433 told us how her NPC sorority, Delta Zeta and the NPHC sorority Alpha Kappa Alpha paired up and did a service project together. It was called "Pink and Green, Campus Clean". Both sororities have Pink and Green as their colors, so they banned together and held a campus wide clean-up project.

Is this a rare occurence? I guess it would depend of the socio-political climate of the campus.

It might be kind of fun to see the 2 Zeta group together (Zeta Tau Alpha & Zeta Phi Beta) or any combination of NPC/NPHC pairings for that matter.

Just a thought.
Old 12-21-2000, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I want to say that my school has a good amount of interaction between the NPC and the NPHC sororities but I can't. We have different rushes, we hold different parties, etc. My sorority has socials with Phi Beta Sigma and other NPC fraternities but as far as interaction with the NPHC sororities, it's pretty scarce. I don't see why it needs to be scarce though. I don't see why NPC doesn't interact with NPHC more too. My school has always had a great NPC but a new panel of NPC are being inducted next month and they're a great bunch of girls so maybe we will see a change in the relations b/t NPHC and NPC. I would love to see it change.
Old 01-04-2001, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Several years ago my chapter teamed up with Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity for our Greek Week "Video Night" production. Generally, all the NPHC chapters did not really participate in the Greek Week stuff, I think mainly because the average NPHC chapter size was under 10 members and they would not be able to compete, numbers wise, with IFC and NPC chapters of 50-80 members. But the Pikes and the Kappas had a good relationship and we often did things together. For this Video Night production the Kappa's taught several of our Brothers how to step with the canes, and we did a "Pi Kappa Alpha Psi United" themed show. Afterwards we had a big blowout party together that was a HUGE success. Several of our members even went to their Krimson and Kreme spring formal. Unfortuantely, both chapters were kicked off campus around the same time. Pike is back, but Kappa has yet to return. I have talked to guys that were around back then and both have said what a great time it was, and even school officials still speak about what a great relationship those two chapters had. Maybe when the Kappas come back, we can recreate that cooperation.
Old 01-04-2001, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000:
It might be kind of fun to see the 2 Zeta group together (Zeta Tau Alpha & Zeta Phi Beta) or any combination of NPC/NPHC pairings for that matter.

Just a thought.
For the past couple of years at my school, Zeta Phi Beta and Zeta Tau Alpha have hosted a dinner thing for Zeta Phi Beta's philanthropy. It's held at the Zeta Tau Alpha house.

Old 01-04-2001, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Hell I am White and You are Black. So What! We are all Greeks and a good freind of mine was in a BGLO Fraternity! This was when it was not allowed. Screwed them Robert was a freind of mine that I met a college. If THEy did not like it to DAMN BAD. Is true that most BGLO's are smaller chapters, It dose not make them any less GREEKS

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)