GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,738
0 members and 1,738 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Why not 2 forums - Women Alumnae Initiation and Men Alumni Initiation

I did not read all of the posts in the "Petition for new moderator for Alumni Initiation Forum," but wouldn't it be easier to just have 2 separate forums. One forum for Women Alumnae Initiation, with at least 1 moderator from a NPC group. One forum for Men Alumni Initiation with the present moderators of the Alumni Initiation forum.

This could solve the problem of moderators and the different aspects of women's AI and men's AI. It might also encourage more men to consider AI, since they could actually find AI stories from other men instead of weeding through all the women AI stories. Just a thought.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

We have only had one man so far who has pursued alumni initiation. It is less common in fraternities. Creating a separate forum for it would probably just end up being a waste of space and John's time.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiRhoSister
I did not read all of the posts in the "Petition for new moderator for Alumni Initiation Forum," but wouldn't it be easier to just have 2 separate forums. One forum for Women Alumnae Initiation, with at least 1 moderator from a NPC group. One forum for Men Alumni Initiation with the present moderators of the Alumni Initiation forum.

This could solve the problem of moderators and the different aspects of women's AI and men's AI. It might also encourage more men to consider AI, since they could actually find AI stories from other men instead of weeding through all the women AI stories. Just a thought.
Ditto to KLPDaisy, but I'm not sure that a lot of Fraternities actually AI.

I think if there was a large male interest then we'd be hearing more about it.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Or no forum at all for AI?

Old 07-25-2006, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesrising
Or no forum at all for AI?
I think there's enough interest in the AI forum. Look how many PNAMs there are, and there are a lot of alum issues such as advising, running chapters, etc. that should be seperate from that I think.

It really does seem that both forums work fine, why fix what ain't broke.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille
It really does seem that both forums work fine, why fix what ain't broke.
It is broke and has been for a LONG time.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
I don't think it's any more "broken" than any other area of this forum. It's open to discussion. The PNAMs seem to be doing alright and getting generally good advice. A mod should step in when fights break out, but there aren't a lot here.

What's broke about it?
Old 07-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
It isn't broken despite the attempts by some of you to break it.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel
It isn't broken despite the attempts by some of you to break it.
Hey, lets not make it a fight over here too.

I agree with you blueangel, the thing is, I don't think John is going to change anything because of what is said in any of these threads.

/personal attacks are dumb no matter who uses them...
Old 07-25-2006, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's what's good about the AI forum the way it is -- people post all kinds of crazy and/or inappropriate shit in here. Why would anybody want to stop them? Isn't it better if everybody knows about this before they're initiated?
Old 07-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Banned

It is not a personal attack.. it is fact. There is a small group on Greek Chat who have tried (and failed) to

1. get Tom removed as moderator

and failing that

2. get rid of the AI boards

They failed last year, and now, because we have a group of very happy PNAI's.. are trying to sabotage the boards again this year. That is the only reason that train wreck of a thread was resurrected.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
Here's what's good about the AI forum the way it is -- people post all kinds of crazy and/or inappropriate shit in here. Why would anybody want to stop them? Isn't it better if everybody knows about this before they're initiated?
What kinds of wild and crazy/inappropriate shit? Inappropriate should get modded no matter what forum it's in... but you're saying there's more inaccurate info HERE than in the Rush threads? At least AI is the same for each sorority nationwide as opposed to different for every single chapter.

If I post something inaccurate, someone else comes in and corrects me... a mod isn't going to necessarily have any better idea on the correction especially if they're not in my chapter.

I demand 26 NPC mods!! Even from the ones that don't AI, just so they can tell us that they don't AI.

Mods should not be the keepers of information, that isn't their job. They aren't researchers they're moderators. They shouldn't even necessarily be correcting incorrect info. That's not a mod specific job.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Umm some of the people who want to add another moderator are AI's, I don't think they're trying to sabotage anything.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille
What kinds of wild and crazy/inappropriate shit? Inappropriate should get modded no matter what forum it's in... but you're saying there's more inaccurate info HERE than in the Rush threads? At least AI is the same for each sorority nationwide as opposed to different for every single chapter.
Well, it's really a personal opinion, I think. There are some things that PNAMs have posted that had me thinking OMGWTF I can't believe this person posted that; or wow, that's really inappropriate or Too Much Information. I don't want to mention anybody by name -- and the thing is, I really don't want that stuff to be moderated. If somebody thinks it's okay to post something that I consider inappropriate, I say have at it. There's a good chance that sort of thing will affect someone's pursuit of AI, and I think that's a good thing.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, though I always hope that a sorority will not drop someone because of a message board comment. Short of XYZ sucks because they're ugly.. or something like that...

Regardless, I think that generally those who post in the AI forums are straightfoward and at least moderately knowledgeable and the PNAMs seem like they get mostly good advice, even when that advice is "go ask somewhere else"

I dont think the forum needs a "pledge mom" just like I don't think ANY of the forums need mommies. It's kind of like wikipedia. We self correct most of the inaccurate info.
Closed Thread