GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,170
0 members and 2,170 guests
No Members online

Old 02-07-2005, 09:03 AM

Re: Haunted Greek Houses on OSU's campus

Quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixAzul
I know we have a lot of Columbus GC'rs, so any truth to these?
The AOII house is still owned by another sorority (we rent it from them.) I've been told about the ghost, but haven't witnessed her myself. If she is still around, she's well behaved

FIJI now lives in the former ADPi house and OSU owns the house. Couldn't tell you one thing about the existence or non-existence of a spiritual being over there, though.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Our house

You have most of that right. There is a room called "engagement," and usually, one girl out of the 3 (or 4) that live in that room each year gets engaged. However, the story goes that Susie hung herself in the attic after her fiance left her at the alter. Problems with the story: no one named Susie ever lived in the house...so there really isn't a ghost in our house.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Not much as happened at my campus except for the Robbery Suspect that was attempting to rob a Wells Fargo nearby was shot at the Delta Chi's House this past year.

As for our house, not much, just that it used to be a fraternity house and they had a bar where our chapter room is now.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 07-16-2005, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ejbiff Send a message via Yahoo to ejbiff
I saw a posting near the beginning about my chapter's house. I am a Tri Sigma at Eastern Michigan University and our house is haunted by a boy named Henry. As it was mentioned before, he died in the house, but I've heard various reasons. Our house has a round room in the top of a turret in the 3rd floor. I've heard that Henry was locked in this windowless room and died in there from starvation. Whenever you're in the house alone, you can hear someone walking around on the upper floors. Henry has broken a couple of girls items that are hanging on walls and well as turning things on and off. I also heard once that our house, which is from the 1800s, was once a funeral home...Creepy enough for me.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:45 AM
Banned

Mississippi University for Womens Haunting!

"Columbus - Mississippi University for Women - Calloway Hall - The ghost of Mary can be seen in the top floor window looking for her lost love. Sometimes she visits the freshman girls at night and sits on the edge of their beds to weep."

The legend of Calloway Hall was that it was turned into a hopsital for hurt soliders during one of the wars. Anyway a RN named Mary worked there and fell in love with one of the hurt soliders while careing for him.
The legend is he was shipped somewhere else without her knowledge & she grieved herself to the point where she went up to the top floor to the clock tower & killed herself.
I went to school there Fall of 2003, I didnt live in Calloway Hall but one of my Highlander pledge sisters did & some really weird things happened while I visited her room a few times. The first thing that ever happened to us together was we was on our way to pick up somethings from her room for a retreat & it appeared someone was laying in her bed! The tvs & radios would go on and off, you could hear footsteps above her room which was the top floor.
The elevators were fixed to where NOBODY could go to the top floor. It was also stated to all students not to even try to attempt to go up there. It was pretty freaky & I never went there by myself especially at night!! It got so bad that my pledge sister eventually moved into my room in Kincannon Hall! Every Octoberfest Calloway Hall is turned into a Haunted House & people go through the bottom floors. Its pretty creepy!
Old 07-17-2005, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

What apartment complex in GAINESVILLE did Danny Rolling kill those people at?
Old 07-17-2005, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaliGrl19
Williamsburg Village Apartments
Source: http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k.../terror_2.html
Old 07-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Banned

Rollins:

Williamsburg Apartments.... right next to Gatorwood, and down the road from Brandywine.

I used to live in Brandywine when I was at UF.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaliGrl19
Williamsburg Village Apartments
Source: http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k.../terror_2.html

and Gatorwood Apartments
Source: http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...herring_3.html
Old 07-17-2005, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow... OMG I went to UF for TWO years and I heard NOTHING about this.. OMG... Wow its just scary to think something like that could happen in a place you lived!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
It was SO long ago

I remember because I was in Kindergarten when it happened. My K5 teacher moved to Gainsville after graduation and I missed her so much. I was afraid because I thought someone would kill her too! I hope Mrs. Gerard is okay! Even though I'm pretty sure she stuck to K5 and NOT college level courses!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Many Many times.. That wall gets painted over like everyday so I just stopped looking at it to be honest.. I lived in Campus Lodge and I never heard anything about it... Sorry
Old 07-18-2005, 04:52 PM

Our sorority house is an old boarding home for women. A girl hung herself in the room I used to live in. The TV would get turned on and off and the door would open windows would close. I thought I was crazy until other sisters said the same thingabout that particular room. Freaky
Old 07-18-2005, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by whittleschmeg
Our sorority house is an old boarding home for women. A girl hung herself in the room I used to live in. The TV would get turned on and off and the door would open windows would close. I thought I was crazy until other sisters said the same thingabout that particular room. Freaky

And you stayed in the room?!?!?!?!?

Wasn't there a haunted house thread on GC at one time? That thread gave me goosebumps but I couldn't help but read it.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Interesting fact: My sorority house was originally the Old City Cemetery keeper's home in Tallahassee. Our house is on the corner of Macomb and Park and on the diagonal corner is where the cemetery is. Its the oldest in the city with many graves dating to the early 1800s. Our house is listed in the National Historic Registry and the original part was built in the late 1800s. Sigma Kappa first started occupying the house in 1920 with an addition added in the late 40s early 50s as I recall. Anyway the "interesting" part is there is a passage in the basement of the original house section that leads under the intersection which was always a busy thoroughfare, into the cemetery. The "old house" basement is still original to the house and was never finished, it is much more similar to what we would call a cellar. Under the "new wing" a separate basement was added that is now our study hall and art space. The passage has long been blocked off but is still very visible (not hidden or kept a secret) to anyone that goes down there. The story I was told by some of our really old alumni at reunion was that during the 40s/50s there was a secret society for sorority seniors called the Village Vamps (not specific to Sigma Kappa) and that they apparently used the tunnel which opened into a false grave somewhere in the cemetery. Supposedly something happened to one of the girls and either FSU or the sororities cracked down on the Vamps and they disbanded/went underground. That was also when they blocked the cemetery passage. In our archives we still have a lot of old pics and letters pertaining to the VV. I have no idea if the false grave still exists and the cemetery is quite big. I would think that would have been closed of too when they closed the tunnel but who knows.