GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,973
4 members and 1,969 guests
bbobbyusady4719, LaneSig, Sciencewoman

Old 10-31-2010, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Dreamful, I was thinking about doing the Two Birds dresses too. I did some research on them, and apparently the dress doesn't look good on people above a size 8 or so. Also, you'd have to go backless in alot of the dress styles, and that won't work for a lot of women.

Since you got a chance to see the dresses, what was the quality of the material like? Is it worth the money?
Old 10-31-2010, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliebelle View Post
Dreamful, I was thinking about doing the Two Birds dresses too. I did some research on them, and apparently the dress doesn't look good on people above a size 8 or so. Also, you'd have to go backless in alot of the dress styles, and that won't work for a lot of women.

Since you got a chance to see the dresses, what was the quality of the material like? Is it worth the money?
On "My Fair Wedding" they have had plus-sized girls in these dresses and I thought they were flattering. The material is the real question ... it's not typical "formal attire" fabric but I haven't seen that in person. All I know is that they can definitely be altered to be flattering to all body types.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience" -Colossians 3:12
Old 10-31-2010, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by joliebelle View Post

It is a very flowy (sp?) material, possibly satin, and my MOH who wore it thought it felt more like a nightgown than a bridesmaid dress, although we did like how versatile it was.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
I am soooooooo pissed right now. The dress boutique - The New Image, in Thomasville, GA - says the manufacturer cannot ship the dress until 10/14 at the earliest...for my 10/16 wedding. So, too late.

The only solution they're offering is to 1. Get our money back; or 2. Have fabric shipped from the manufacturer to arrive Monday, at which time a local tailor can make a dress for my bridesmaid. But even in that case they aren't giving a full refund. We are going with option 2 for now, but you can bet we are going to get our money back. I don't think the Jim Hjelm folks would be happy to hear that one of their retailers has offered to make a copy of their dress.

Again, none of us believe that the store ordered the dress when it was supposed to have. If any of you can track down a phone number for Jim Hjelm corporate, I'd love it. I've tried looking but haven't been able to find the right number.

ETA: Found a customer service number, but they can't disclose order info. due to contracts they sign with retailers. But the rep told me, "I'll just say this...there's no reason why the dress would take that long. It would not take that long to get one of our dresses."
Update!

Wedding was on October 16 and all of my ladies looked beautiful. Was it because this MIA dress came in? No. It was because my bridesmaid was able to get David's Bridal to find a dress in the same fabric and nearly same color in her size at one of their stores in NY. They shipped it to her overnight, and when she put it on along with the rest of my bridesmaids, you couldn't even tell it was a different designer or color! I can't believe I'm saying it, but DAVID'S BRIDAL TO THE RESCUE!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

what wonderful news!!! hooray! pictures?
Old 11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
Update!

Wedding was on October 16 and all of my ladies looked beautiful. Was it because this MIA dress came in? No. It was because my bridesmaid was able to get David's Bridal to find a dress in the same fabric and nearly same color in her size at one of their stores in NY. They shipped it to her overnight, and when she put it on along with the rest of my bridesmaids, you couldn't even tell it was a different designer or color! I can't believe I'm saying it, but DAVID'S BRIDAL TO THE RESCUE!
Congratulations!

What did you do about the "fail" store?
Old 11-05-2010, 02:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Congratulations!

What did you do about the "fail" store?
I can't remember if I told you guys, but the J. Hjelm folks actually responded to my note on Facebook and they wanted to know all about what went down. They were not pleased to hear that one of their retailers was ruining their reputation and, to top it off, was planning to make a copy of their dress with the fabric they sent. They told me they had contacted their regional sales rep, who in turn had contacted the store. They haven't given me an update, but the next day my sister-in-law's money was refunded to her card.

Needless to say, I recommend avoiding that bridal boutique in southern Georgia, ladies!

I'm waiting to get the disc of photos now, but when I do, I'll see if I can post a few without invading anyone's privacy
Old 11-09-2010, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I cut off the heads of my bridesmaids in this pic to protect their privacy. The David's Bridal dress is the one in the middle. It actually looked very much like my Matron of Honor's dress, so no one could tell the difference.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Somebody was looking for mustard gold bridesmaid dresses a couple months back (FSUZeta maybe?), and I just saw that Bari Jay has mustard in their swatches.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I think those are cute!! I really like the one on the left.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Went to look at bridesmaid dresses with two of my BMs this past weekend. I think this is the one I'm going to pick for my girls:

Mori Lee

Gonna get it in the purple as you see it, or maybe a slightly darker shade of purple, but hoping to get the sash in silver.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamfulSpirit View Post
Went to look at bridesmaid dresses with two of my BMs this past weekend. I think this is the one I'm going to pick for my girls:

Mori Lee

Gonna get it in the purple as you see it, or maybe a slightly darker shade of purple, but hoping to get the sash in silver.
I did pick this dress! My girls got measured and started ordering them yesterday! I'm so excited!! They are going to be that purple color and have the belt/sash be silver!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, gorgeous! What number is this dress?
Old 01-30-2011, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Oh, gorgeous! What number is this dress?
It's style 840:

http://www.morilee.com/bridesmaids/affairs/840
Old 03-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

found this from a google search