GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,423
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, acheldarko1907
» Online Users: 2,154
0 members and 2,154 guests
No Members online

Old 09-08-2007, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin View Post
I heard from one of our alumnae that quota was six, but that Gamma Phi took 9.

I found out that quota was actually 7, but I don't think that they got 9. I was there when the new members got presented and there is no way that 9 girls were announced to go Gamma Phi....but then again what do i know
Old 09-08-2007, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley21 View Post
I found out that quota was actually 7, but I don't think that they got 9. I was there when the new members got presented and there is no way that 9 girls were announced to go Gamma Phi....but then again what do i know
Well, an alumna who was at our house told me that. Maybe we snapped people - I'm sure if all four sororities are under total that could be possible.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin View Post
Well, an alumna who was at our house told me that. Maybe we snapped people - I'm sure if all four sororities are under total that could be possible.
Panhellenic told us that we could not do snap bidding because it could only be used if we were under quota not total. And I know that snap bidding was not done this year. Then again, recruitment got so screwed up this week, anything could have happened.

Last edited by smiley21; 09-08-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, they look like excellent results, no matter what, and those are happy girls in that photo!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess they could have gotten 9. I was very much inolved in recruitment this week, and I knew a lot about the numbers. I just didn't see where 9 came from, but apparently I just missed something. My mistake.

Last edited by smiley21; 09-08-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Cluey Send a message via Yahoo to Cluey
Quote:
Recruitment got so complicated this year. Quota was 7
ADPi - 8
Tri Delta-7
AEPhi - 6
GPhiB- 6...i think

All 4 sororities are still below total, so everyone is anxious for informal recruitment.
I can totally agree that recruitment was very complicated this year. As of last night, quota was set at 6.

Gamma Phi did indeed welcome 9 wonderful young ladies as new members today, all of whom they were very excited about joining the sisterhood. How that all happens in the computer, I do not know, but we're thrilled!
Old 09-08-2007, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluey View Post
I can totally agree that recruitment was very complicated this year. As of last night, quota was set at 6.

Gamma Phi did indeed welcome 9 wonderful young ladies as new members today, all of whom they were very excited about joining the sisterhood. How that all happens in the computer, I do not know, but we're thrilled!

Oh ok. I knew that last night, quota was 6, but Panhellenic told us this morning that it was changed to 7. All I know is that I hope recruiment never gets that complicated again. It was the new Release Figures that screwed everything up.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Those results don't look screwed up to me, especially if quota was six. Congrats to all the groups.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
Those results don't look screwed up to me, especially if quota was six. Congrats to all the groups.
You weren't there for the hell that we all went through. While we are very happy with our pledge class, the new release figures did not work well in a lot of ways. There was a lot that you did not see. Sometimes I think Formal Recruitment should be done away with at JU. It does more harm than good.
Now don't get me wrong, I adore the new girls in my sorority. It is just that this week was a huge hassle.

Last edited by smiley21; 09-08-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Cluey Send a message via Yahoo to Cluey
Quote:
You weren't there for the hell that we all went through. While we are very happy with our pledge class, the new release figures did not work well in a lot of ways. There was a lot that you did not see. Sometimes I think Formal Recruitment should be done away with at JU. It does more harm than good.
Now don't get me wrong, I adore the new girls in my sorority. It is just that this week was a huge hassle.
Hell? It's recruitment. You have to expect that things are going to be a little crazy. Was there something in particular that you had an issue with, other than the release figures?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluey View Post
Hell? It's recruitment. You have to expect that things are going to be a little crazy. Was there something in particular that you had an issue with, other than the release figures?
I expect it, but this year was just more frustrating. Whatever... it is over now and everyone is happy. I still think that the process needs a lot of fine tuning.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I can imagine that formal recruitment might seem extra taxing when quota is below ten.

It seems like, as long as you could make sure that no one group could bid everyone who wanted to go Greek, that you all could have a different system of rush all together. Isn't there a way to just do informal?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
I can imagine that formal recruitment might seem extra taxing when quota is below ten.

Isn't there a way to just do informal?
I wish they would, but I do not understand why they don't try it. Time, energy, and money go into formal recruitment. You want a much bigger payoff than quota being under 10. I know we are not the only small school who feels this way.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I think there are NPC options; your campus panhellenic just needs to push for them.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I wish they would, but I do not understand why they don't try it. Time, energy, and money go into formal recruitment. You want a much bigger payoff than quota being under 10. I know we are not the only small school who feels this way.
I agree...did Greek Life used to be a lot bigger at your school? It just seems crazy to have FOUR chapters at a school where you have 24 girls show up to Formal. I know no one likes to see a chapter close, but if I was at HQ, I don't think I could rationalize keeping a chapter like that around....unless the chapter didn't have a house and managed to stay completely out of debt.