GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,400
1 members and 1,399 guests
LaneSig

Old 05-27-2013, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Post AKA confession.

I don't know where to begin. It all started 4 years ago when I was a senior in high school. I became obsessed with Alpha Kappa Alpha and began studying up on it. All the women I looked up to (My grandmother, my Aunt, friends) were AKA's. I saw them doing volunteer work and staying "pretty" at the same time and I admired that. All of the K's I knew were smart, sophisticated and nice. I wanted to be apart of this. The more information I got the more obsessed I became. I found sacred items such as a badge I bought online, access to ritual books, secret passwords etc. I found out what the motto stood for. I even forged a fake badge after gaining access to the website and attended Boule. I was in deep. I felt like a fraud yet I still felt accomplished. I had put in my own personal work and didn't feel the need to actually go through with the proper procedures. By my second year of college I became less obsessed but still interested. I became friends with the AKA's and finally put in my bid. As I went through the rituals I felt horrible. Because I already knew. When I received my badge I felt like a creep because I already had one. I have finally gotten over my obsession but remain a financial member. I will never forget the many hours I spent reading about AKA and finding out secrets I should not have known yet. This is my anonymous confession.

Last edited by PinkConfession; 05-27-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-27-2013, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkConfession View Post
I don't know where to begin. It all started 4 years ago when I was a senior in high school. I became obsessed with Alpha Kappa Alpha and began studying up on it. All the women I looked up to (My grandmother, my Aunt, friends) were AKA's. I saw them doing volunteer work and staying "pretty" at the same time and I admired that. All of the K's I knew were smart, sophisticated and nice. I wanted to be apart of this. The more information I got the more obsessed I became. I found sacred items such as a badge I bought online, access to ritual books, secret passwords etc. I found out what the motto stood for. I even forged a fake badge after gaining access to the website and attended Boule. I was in deep. I felt like a fraud yet I still felt accomplished. I had put in my own personal work and didn't feel the need to actually go through with the proper procedures. By my second year of college I became less obsessed but still interested. I became friends with the AKA's and finally put in my bid. As I went through the rituals I felt horrible. Because I already knew. When I received my badge I felt like a creep because I already had one. I have finally gotten over my obsession but remain a financial member. I will never forget the many hours I spent reading about AKA and finding out secrets I should not have known yet. This is my anonymous confession.
QFP......

ETA: I guess this is the confession we've been waiting for..

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=134148

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 05-27-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh MAN... doesn't this belong on another website somewhere? Isn't there one that's for confessions? I think I read about it a while ago, when someone confessed to murder or something of the sort, maybe??? Or am I making this up?

ETA: oh, nevermind.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 05-27-2013, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

You were a perp.

You are now a legitimate member.

Not common, but you're also not the first.

By now, you also realize that the ritual secrets are just one percent of the membership experience. It is now up to you as a financial member to do your penance to the sorority, even (and especially) if nobody else finds out.

1) Remain financial for the rest of your life. THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. You stole secrets from this organization and barged your way into places where you were not welcome. Don't you dare EVER think about becoming inactive. You wanted it so damn bad, now work for it.

2) You also have no excuse not to answer the call to service. Go to every chapter meeting, every conference, every convention. You wanted to be a member SO bad.... then be an ACTIVE member. Serve on committees. Be responsible for programs. I would suggest that you run for office, but I think you should feel too sorry for yourself to ever even consider having your sisters vote you into a position of power, authority, or responsibility.

You wanted it this bad, then you have the rest of your life to earn it properly, because you certainly didn't earn it the way you got it.

That's all I got.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkConfession View Post
This is my anonymous confession.
You've given your name elsewhere on GreekChat, which means not so anonymous.

SMH
Old 05-27-2013, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Two faced troll....

Last edited by thetalady; 05-27-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
You've given your name elsewhere on GreekChat, which means not so anonymous.

SMH
Exactly what I was thinking...

@~/~~~~
Old 05-27-2013, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh.... then somebody probably is trying to spread lies about the real Camille James. A perp is not dumb enough to out him/herself.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
Oh.... then somebody probably is trying to spread lies about the real Camille James. A perp is not dumb enough to out him/herself.
Again I bow to your wisdom.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Troll.

I can't imagine all those AKA family members not slapping her silly for perping.