GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,187
2 members and 1,185 guests
navane, speedsters

Old 09-03-2005, 05:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to leebug1219 Send a message via Yahoo to leebug1219
Some Advice

Hey girls. I need some advice. I am having problems with a sister. I do not know what I have done to this sister to make her treat me the way she is treating me. I feel that I am being ignored and avoided and just overall being treated horribly by her. And I am not the only one noticing this. This sister made me cry because she excluded me from recruitment activities and I went and talked to our Chapter Advisor/Alum about it. I have an illness called Lupus and the sister in particular is VP-Membership and said I wasn't allowed to recruit bc it would be too stressfull and it would make me sick...but she wouldn't listen when I tried to explain that that is not how my illness works and that I am the only one who can say what my limits are. I feel like when she found out I talked to our advisor that that only made things worse between us because I was being glared at the rest of the week. I tried calling to talk to her- her little sis is my best friend and roommate- and I tried calling her to see if she could tell her little sis that she didn't have her phone, the security guard did. She doesn't answer when I call, she avoids me when I come to the suite, and she even skipped bid day activities which were held at my house. If she has anything that needs to be said to me she calls my roommate and says can you pass it on. I really don't know what to do. One of my sisters said take it to standards...but is it really a standards issue? I mean they can't say you have to be nice to her and you have to be nice to her. We are not in 3rd grade...we are adults. I am clueless....if anyone could please offer some advice on how to deal I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Some Advice

Quote:
Originally posted by leebug1219
Hey girls. I need some advice. I am having problems with a sister. I do not know what I have done to this sister to make her treat me the way she is treating me. I feel that I am being ignored and avoided and just overall being treated horribly by her. And I am not the only one noticing this. This sister made me cry because she excluded me from recruitment activities and I went and talked to our Chapter Advisor/Alum about it. I have an illness called Lupus and the sister in particular is VP-Membership and said I wasn't allowed to recruit bc it would be too stressfull and it would make me sick...but she wouldn't listen when I tried to explain that that is not how my illness works and that I am the only one who can say what my limits are. I feel like when she found out I talked to our advisor that that only made things worse between us because I was being glared at the rest of the week. I tried calling to talk to her- her little sis is my best friend and roommate- and I tried calling her to see if she could tell her little sis that she didn't have her phone, the security guard did. She doesn't answer when I call, she avoids me when I come to the suite, and she even skipped bid day activities which were held at my house. If she has anything that needs to be said to me she calls my roommate and says can you pass it on. I really don't know what to do. One of my sisters said take it to standards...but is it really a standards issue? I mean they can't say you have to be nice to her and you have to be nice to her. We are not in 3rd grade...we are adults. I am clueless....if anyone could please offer some advice on how to deal I would greatly appreciate it.
Keep in mind that it may not be anything you did. There are people who react very weird when it comes to someone having any kind of an illness. I gave birth to a baby with a very rare problem-- he was born with his intestines on he outside of his body. Today, he is 15 has social peer problems, struggles in school, but is bright, funny, and very involved with electronics. People did not know what to say when he was born, so they just cut me off. I have come to terms with the fact that those who want to be my friend will be there for me through thick and thin, while those who are not true friends are here while the going is good and dang darn it if you have any kind of problems in life.

Hope I have helped, at least a bit.

AOT
DaffyKD