GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,678
1 members and 1,677 guests
Cookiez17

Old 05-21-2005, 01:22 AM
Unregistered-

Unhappy International Council announces the closing of Delta Xi and Theta Rho chapters

From the IHQ website:

Two Chapter Closings
It is with deep sadness that the International Council of Alpha Gamma Delta Fraternity announces its decision to resolve the Delta Xi Chapter at Arizona State University and the Theta Rho Chapter at Barry University into their respective alumnae chapters effective at the end of the spring term. Collegiate members in Good Standing will be granted alumnae status and are encouraged to continue their involvement and lifelong sisterhood through participation in alumnae activities such as a Junior Circle or an alumnae chapter or club. International Council recognizes the dedication, hard work and sisterhood that have been exemplified by the members, new members and alumnae of these chapters along with the Advisor Teams, House Associations and Volunteer Service Team members that have supported Theta Rho and Delta Xi throughout the years. Alpha Gamma Delta is sincerely appreciative of all individuals who have contributed their time and talents to these chapters.

My thoughts go out to the current collegians and the alumnae of these chapters. It's always hard to hear about our chapters closing, and it is my sincere hope that they will someday find their way back to their respective campuses in the near future.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Very sorry to hear this.....

Delta Xi chapter holds a very special place in my heart and the one Rho Chi that I connected with is now an alum from Delta Xi.....

my condolences ladies

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 05-22-2005, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
This is very sad!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

This is so sad...
Old 05-25-2005, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Since events seemed to run together, lol, I met the same Barry girls at Convention, Bootcamp and TLC. From what I understand Barry has a unique campus environment which makes Greek life difficult. Alpha Phi is the other sorority; there are 3 IFC (one is Alpha Delta Gamma, lol).

I don't know anything about AZ State but I am sure the Alpha Gams tried very hard to keep the collegiate chapter open.

I've heard stories from various VST members about having to close chapters and how heart wrenching it can be. Hopefully, that is something that we won't have to learn first-hand with more chapter closings.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

The Alpha Gams at Arizona State DID work very hard to try to get numbers up. Half of International Council even went there for fall recruitment this past year. In looking back at an Arizona State recruitment thread from fall '03, the PNMs then were convinced that the chapter was going to close . It can be so tough to get past those kinds of perceptions and rumors to keep it from happening.