GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,678
0 members and 1,678 guests
No Members online

Old 11-17-2014, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Y'all for real, let it go. I know I made a snarky comment earlier in the thread, but the point has been made.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Y'all for real, let it go.
WE have. But she keeps coming back to GC asking how to essentially join / associate with a NPC org.

No one is against MCP, but we recognize that her obsession with NPC is verging on unhealthy.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:22 AM
GreekChat Member

How about . . . instead of "You should stop posting about this because I say so", try "I should stop looking at this thread"?
Old 11-18-2014, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmadiva View Post
WE have. But she keeps coming back to GC asking how to essentially join / associate with a NPC org.

No one is against MCP, but we recognize that her obsession with NPC is verging on unhealthy.
I don't disagree with this, but it seems as if the piling on got deep fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
How about . . . instead of "You should stop posting about this because I say so", try "I should stop looking at this thread"?
Or how about we choose to be gracious to a seemingly fragile person and live our creeds as sorority women and fraternity men?
Old 11-18-2014, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Really? Pulling the "live our creeds" card? Please. You are assuming a great deal with that statement.

Last edited by SWTXBelle; 11-18-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
I don't disagree with this, but it seems as if the piling on got deep fast.
Perhaps that is because it had been building for quite a while. People had been kind and patient; however, the obsession/behavior(s) escalated. And this was the tipping point, the proverbial last straw, the match flicked onto the gasoline, what have you. And some element of untruth emerged which hadn't been seen previously.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Perhaps that is because it had been building for quite a while. People had been kind and patient; however, the obsession/behavior(s) escalated. And this was the tipping point, the proverbial last straw, the match flicked onto the gasoline, what have you. And some element of untruth emerged which hadn't been seen previously.
I think while what you say is your truth, the people on this site take a certainly unseemly pride in playing pile-on in these situations. In reality, there is no gasoline here - just women and men with opinions. The opportunity to be gracious and graceful is always present.

Also, if it happened on Facebook, it needed to have been addressed on Facebook. And yes, I have taken to Facebook in order to convey important messages to you all in the GC group because I needed to be speaking to the real yous, and not your snarky ambassadors.

Note that I am not someone who believes in internet anonymity. If one can't stand by their own remarks with their real names, the remarks don't need to be said. (That is a general statement I had been wanting to make and not a direct reply to anything you have said.)
Old 11-18-2014, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Perhaps Sen is in this "group" all by himself…

@~/~~~~
Old 11-18-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
You would be surprised by how many national organizations have at least one person on staff who checks out GC on a regular basis.
Yup! Very true.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
You would be surprised by how many national organizations have at least one person on staff who checks out GC on a regular basis.
Not unlike a potential employer checking out a person's Facebook page, Twitter feed, etc.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Back to the why of what has happened: MCP friended (and now unfriended) a perp who, pretending to be an a highly involved alumna, moved into a sorority house and was with underage women who unknowingly trusted her. There is a restraining order on her, and several of the young women involved were shaken to their toes.

MCP was warned that this was a poor choice of friends, but she didn't just prevaricate about friendly this perp, she flat out lied about it. And didn't see what the problem about friending someone with a restraining order (to say nothing about having her name & photo known throughout the NPC). That makes MCP a very, very poor judge of character.

Do I think people piled up on her? Yes! Did her lying cause the pile up. Most assuredly. But why would she not accept the wisdom of not friending a perp? Is she that unbalanced?

So, before you wring your hands and wail about the mean girls, think about what Jacki the Perp could have (may have!) taught MCP. Do you really want a perp in your sorority house? In any sorority house? This is such a major risk management problem, it's explosive!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

By the way, for the masses joining the FB group, it helps to PM one of us who are admins. I'm always hesitant to approve "join" requests if I don't recognize the name easily.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
By the way, for the masses joining the FB group, it helps to PM one of us who are admins. I'm always hesitant to approve "join" requests if I don't recognize the name easily.
Which means, if you don't take the time to pm the administrators with your IRL, you're out of luck!
Old 11-19-2014, 06:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry I didn't read this entire thread from page one but when I see a message board handle "Miss Cherry Pie" my first thought is "creepy 50 year old dude."

edit - sorry, misread, I thought MCP was the perp (username still seems tortuous, though)

Last edited by maxz; 11-19-2014 at 06:32 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxz View Post
Sorry I didn't read this entire thread from page one but when I see a message board handle "Miss Cherry Pie" my first thought is "creepy 50 year old dude."

edit - sorry, misread, I thought MCP was the perp (username still seems tortuous, though)
BGITY/SHOITY/FGITY?

or, CDITY?

Seems very odd that you are here and reading this thread, where'd you pick up on the "Miss Cherry Pie" if you didn't read the entire thread?

...wait for it.

oh nevermind. We already know the answer(s).