GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,367
0 members and 1,367 guests
No Members online

Old 03-02-2002, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MisplacedGam
International Badge day march 4?

ok just a couple questions: do we have to be all dolled up to wear our badges or will any attire due? of course I will not be wearing my badge while treadmilling in the gym, but I work at a hospital and I have to wear scrubs.....what is a gam to do?
tori
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-02-2002, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Good question

I know that we are supposed to wear our badge with badge attire. But I think--and anyone correct me if I am wrong--that if you have to wear scrubs for work...you can bend the rules a little bit.

I say go for it if you want to! I know that I will be proudly wearing my badge over my heart on Monday.
Old 03-02-2002, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
Badges should be worn with badge attire. I was told no tennis shoes and/ or jeans while wearing a badge. The only time we wore a badge with a tee shirt and tennis shoes was during rush as we used them as part of a "costume". Slacks/ pants with flats should be ok. We always dressed up in badge attire for chapter. This should be the same. I now work in an environment where tennis shoes and jeans are most comfortable. On Mon. if I do wear my badge I will at least wear kakhis and a sweater and flat casual shoes should be approprate.
Old 03-03-2002, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MisplacedGam
Angry can't find my badge anyway

well if I could find my badge I would have made an attempt. We always dressed up at my chapter too, but this is not the case at work, we have to wear scrubs and tennis shoes, so I guess badge day is not meant to be for me, but, as always, I will sport my lavalier (sp?) with pride!
When my badge wasnt lost I did wear it at any occasion that I dressed up, mother's day, christmas etc. My brother used to laugh, he wanted to know if the sorority had a homing device that knew where I was, what I wearing Etc.... anywho, enjoy badge day, when I find mine, I can look all cool at the grocery store before work
tori
Old 03-04-2002, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JenAGD Send a message via Yahoo to JenAGD
Bad Gam?

I didn't know anything about International Badge Day! Am I a bad Gam or what? Is this some date that was instilled in your heads because I haven't heard anything about it. I don't think any of my sisters have either, because I haven't heard anyone say anything about it and I don't think they're wearing their badges either.

LIEP
Jen