GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,262
2 members and 1,260 guests
JayhawkAOII, Sen's Revenge

Old 02-07-2017, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Real High School Minimum GPAs

I have read on multiple postings about individual sorority houses having internal GPA requirements much higher than what they publish externally. I have even read on some boards having across the board GPA cuts happening to girls with high-school GPAs less than a 3.8! Does that really happen? I have a 3.7 (unweighted), and while i dont know what sorority I would want to be in, I am interested to know if I may be cut from houses with really high GPA requirements. I know leadership and activities are important and I think i'm in good shape there - just trying to determine my options. Would love to hear if anyone has experienced this in the past.

I've my currently planning to go to KU (although considering some other schools as well) - would love some feedback if you have it! Thanks!
Old 02-07-2017, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorority2018 View Post
I have read on multiple postings about individual sorority houses having internal GPA requirements much higher than what they publish externally. I have even read on some boards having across the board GPA cuts happening to girls with high-school GPAs less than a 3.8! Does that really happen? I have a 3.7 (unweighted), and while i dont know what sorority I would want to be in, I am interested to know if I may be cut from houses with really high GPA requirements. I know leadership and activities are important and I think i'm in good shape there - just trying to determine my options. Would love to hear if anyone has experienced this in the past.

I've my currently planning to go to KU (although considering some other schools as well) - would love some feedback if you have it! Thanks!
We can't tell you the "cut-off" for any chapter on any campus - membership selection is private.

However, it is true that many chapters do require GPAs higher than their sorority's published minimums.

With your GPA, though, I wouldn't be too worried. Just keep your grades up and focus on other things like your extra-curriculars and conversation skills.

@~/~~~~
Old 02-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

It truly varies from campus to campus and chapter to chapter, and CAN vary from year to year.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Keep in mind that the GPA requirement is usually for your core subjects only. Just the ones that the University accepts towards admittance. Grades for cheerleading, etc do not count.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Grades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Keep in mind that the GPA requirement is usually for your core subjects only. Just the ones that the University accepts towards admittance. Grades for cheerleading, etc do not count.
I never got a grade for cheering...don't think we had that way back in the day!
Old 02-10-2017, 06:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTA72 View Post
I never got a grade for cheering...don't think we had that way back in the day!
You should look at some of these transcripts now! Yikes!
Old 02-10-2017, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I've heard about those houses that only accept a 3.8 and up, but when the lists came out (back when they used to), I could see those vaunted houses made a LOT of exceptions to their so-called rule.
Nobody knows which houses have what grade as their floor, but I would not worry with a 3.7...nor a 3.2. It's goig to be how you connect with members that comes first.
Concentrate on that. Once you graduate, you can't do anything about your grade. And no matter what grade you have, it's going to come down to a) how you fit into what they need and b) how they feel a connection to you.