GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,998
1 members and 1,997 guests
Sarak24034
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

How could I forget this one?
My words (good and bad) effected people MUCH more than I thought.
People's words period effected others more than I thought.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?

Last edited by Dionysus; 10-02-2002 at 06:13 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-03-2002, 05:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Greek Chat has taught me to appreciate the many diversity that each greek organizations has. Yes, we have our problems, but it's good to know you can seek out advice from different members of other organizations to get a better idea of how it should be handle.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 10-03-2002, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Garth, Interfraternal Brother, Yes!

!!!!

The Greatest Of The Greeks are on this Site!

Yes, while We may not agree on everything, We still have a forum that we, as Adults and Greeks can discuss and argue about!

Where can any place can you do this?

I get my ass cheewed out and chastised but We all know that if there is a problem to solve, It Is Here!

Oh PM me about the situation at PSU,KS if you have not heard about it!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-19-2003, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
* BUMP *
Old 06-19-2003, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I've learned that ALL GLOs are to be valued. I had a very narrow view when I first found GC. I thought that the sororities that were strong or weak at UT were strong or weak everywhere. That is NOT true. I've learned about so many different groups and have come to like groups that I did not have a high opinion of, just based on my experience.

Most important, I found out about AI. I had given up on ever being part of a sisterhood, but never quit being interested in it. AI is a dream - can't wait until I am truly a sister.

I've made new friends - both from far away and close by.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I remember when I first came to GC...I had just been pinned and had some questions about it, I totally fell in love with all the Tekes on the board since then! I realized then why I loved men with those letters!

GC was one of the main reasons I wanted to become Greek, afterall, I had already pledged a GLO and rushed many others before coming here! I was not interested in becoming Greek at all after my experience! But, after making some great friends and really feeling the bond of sisterhood from other GC personalities, I too wanted to have that bond! And I THANK GC for making me realize that!
Old 06-19-2003, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

GEEZE, what a great one to BUMP!!

In going back and rereading all of these wonderfull posts it brings many memories back!

One must figure that this thread is @ 2 + years old!

Hell, I was even on it then!.. It cannot have been that long ago!

So may changes have come along since then!

I typo better (? ?, so many PNM for AI have so become Proud Members of a GLO.

carnation finally has National GLOS at Her College, JWOW (MOM) has kinders in college, many posters back then have not been on for a long time and others,many, are new here!!

The many people that I have met on GC and talked with via Ma Bell, many new LXA Brothers and the many other Greeks!

The Many: Laffs, tears, arguments, discussions, new births, new members, deaths, New Colonys, De-Chaterings.

If someone has a question, so many people busting butts to help, like digging up information and web sites to be helpful for other members, and nebies looking to find out that info!

I for one have learned about more Greek Orgs than ever before, and about the make-up of members and people of all races and gender than evr before.

Thank You GC Members, YOU ARE ALL THE BESTEST!!!!

God Bless each and everyone!

Yep you can teach an old Fart new Tricks!!!!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-19-2003, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I've learned

...the GLO world is a lot bigger than the NHPC, Professional and Service GLOs (what can I say, I went to an HBCU )

...there are a lot of people who have a negative view of GLOs, but even more share my positive experiences.

...a hell of a lot more that I even knew I wanted to know about the NPC rush process. (and FWIW, I still can't keep it straight)

...sarcasm translates very well over the internet

... causes a lot of unnecessary (but funny) drama, but GC wouldn't be the same without it.
Old 06-19-2003, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 12dn94dst
I've learned

...a hell of a lot more that I even knew I wanted to know about the NPC rush process. (and FWIW, I still can't keep it straight)
Neither can I . . . and I'm in an NPC sorority!
Old 06-20-2003, 03:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Quote:
Originally posted by 12dn94dst
... causes a lot of unnecessary (but funny) drama, but GC wouldn't be the same without it.
AMEN to that!!

And I also learned about all of the NPHC groups that are VERY cool, even if we didn't have them at our ass-backwards school for awhile.
Old 06-21-2003, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
wow a few things...
[list=1][*]Love for my own org[*]a better knowledge of the many other GLO's out there[*]a better understanding of southern sorority NPC recruitment and in turn learned a lot for northern sorority rush[*]how wonderful it is to be a collegiate[*]how great it is to be an alumna!!![*]think before you speak (post)[/list=1]
Old 06-21-2003, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
That I have a whole huge group of people that do care about me, even though they've never met me in real life, never talked to me on the phone, and don't know me from Jack. And that I coudln't do without any of you!
Old 06-21-2003, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

That despite what many people think about message boards, GC is a real live community with real live people (for the most part). The joys and sorrows shared in these forums link us together in a way much stronger than I ever thought possible. Though some may come and some may go, GC has grown to be a part of my day to day life. Do the laundry, sweep the kitchen floor, feed the dog and check GC! Sometimes I wish life offered the options of hitting the delete or edit button! PLUS-I want to take librasoul home and prove Republicans are good!!! ARYA can come too!
Old 06-23-2003, 12:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally posted by justamom
That despite what many people think about message boards, GC is a real live community with real live people (for the most part). The joys and sorrows shared in these forums link us together in a way much stronger than I ever thought possible. Though some may come and some may go, GC has grown to be a part of my day to day life. Do the laundry, sweep the kitchen floor, feed the dog and check GC! Sometimes I wish life offered the options of hitting the delete or edit button! PLUS-I want to take librasoul home and prove Republicans are good!!! ARYA can come too!

Sorry, Democrats rule, justamom

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 06-23-2003, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to uwwsweetie
What I have learned

I think the biggest thing I have learned from GC is to really think before you speak / post. Consider what the ppl reading it are going to think AND consider that ANYONE could read it.... I am sure that over the next year or so I will learn more things that are a bit deeper but that is ab ig one in my life right now.
Closed Thread