GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,651
2 members and 1,649 guests
nataliecavsoz41, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 10-23-2013, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Two things. The Greek Adviser can tell you if UGA is open for expansion.

Second, to clarify the number of bids: quota is determined by the number of women SIGNING A BID CARD after preference - not the number invited to preference. So there is a spot for everyone who signs a card.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

No. Dphie sold the house to the University when they closed in 2006. It is now the office of international education. I'm sure AXiD doesn't still own their house. They closed in the 1970s.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey, I am actually one of 5 founding mothers of Zeta Psi Omega at Alfred State College. It was a lot of hard work and still is. The main thing now is getting the whole Greek community on your side because here they vote on whether or not you stay.

Before we received provisional status we had to create a constitution, AIP, RMP, Pledge Packet and a lot of other smaller documents. We were assigned a liaison from our Greek Senate who corrected our mistakes. The first one we had was horrible and she just tried to make us fail, we were assigned a new one because she was blackballed by her sorority. Our next liaison was amazing (we had been friends for awhile).

Our two month anniversary is in 2 days. So we are literally brand new.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Slight lane swerve, but I would love to see Alpha Xi back at Univ. of Georgia someday, to join the other chapters in GA. A girl can hope.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Not sure if this has been addressed or not but question:
I went through formal recruitment and eventually was initiated to Pi Beta Phi. However, for reasons I had to transfer and the college that I'm at now doesn't have the chapter. Is the process the same for starting a chapter if I'm already technically a member? I mean checking out other sororities isn't really possible since I'm already an initiated member of one, but I loved my chapter while I was there and I would love to bring it to my campus. (I'm in the process of finding out of my campus is open to expansion.)
Old 01-13-2014, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

You've already answered your own question: your campus needs to be open for expansion, first. Then, it is a matter of what sororities submit packets in response, and what chapters the campus Panhellenic selects for presentations, then an invitation (or invitations if doing a stacked expansion) is extended to a chapter.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity