GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,622
3 members and 1,619 guests
MSKKG, Tridentia
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
Why? It was just a matter of the Kappas coming back on the yard. But I am mad at the Kappas for taking them--oh wait they have been doing some strange intaking lately.
That's the part that grinds my gears. But hey.... once again a check matters more than thorough research.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Awwww...hate to say "we told them so."
Old 05-29-2007, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Why? It was just a matter of the Kappas coming back on the yard. But I am mad at the Kappas for taking them--oh wait they have been doing some strange intaking lately.
Some of us predicted that this would happen.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
That's the part that grinds my gears. But hey.... once again a check matters more than thorough research.
But you know Shid, research didn't play into this. Those guys were highly visible on that campus as Pike Colonists. In fact they were highly visible on the world wide web talking about finding their own niche. So I really wonder what the Kappas were thinking? And I wonder what the Pike HQ is thinking?
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But you know Shid, research didn't play into this. Those guys were highly visible on that campus as Pike Colonists. In fact they were highly visible on the world wide web talking about finding their own niche. So I really wonder what the Kappas were thinking?
They were graduate members who wanted to reactivate the chapter and get these hungry wannabes out of their faces. Undergrad members wouldn't have let these Pikes in.

Quote:
And I wonder what the Pike HQ is thinking?
"Darn, we won't be the next LXA at A&T afterall."
Old 05-29-2007, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post

"Darn, we won't be the next LXA at A&T afterall."
I hate you so much.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
They were graduate members who wanted to reactivate the chapter and get these hungry wannabes out of their faces. Undergrad members wouldn't have let these Pikes in.
We all know how it can be when a chapter is reactivated by members who are not on campus 24/7
Old 06-14-2007, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

thats interesting what sorority

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908Revelations View Post
One of my sorors is in a Christian Sorority.

ETA
Varies....Check with orgs in question

I was just wondering what sorority. Thinking about the Christian sorority that I belong too, it takes a lot of work and dedication to be an active memeber. We don't allow "dual enrollment" in other sororities because there is no way one person can be dedicated to both.

Alpha Lambda Omega Christian Sorority, Inc.
Founded 1990
www.alocs.org
Giving back to Jesus what he gave to us...Our lives!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No pledging a latino frat then changing your mind.....
May not be allowed (or at least VERY taboo), but it has been done, more times than you would expect....
Old 06-23-2007, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIAsensacion View Post
May not be allowed (or at least VERY taboo), but it has been done, more times than you would expect....
YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!
lol, not really, just procrastinating right now
Old 06-23-2007, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Question hypothetical question

Okay, I just want to be clear that this does not apply to me and I am just wanting to know for the sake of my curiosity.
My question is groups that are part of the college NPC but not nationally, like a sorority for science majors. What if a woman rushes and joins science major sorority and gets initiated, then for some reason drops out. Would she then be ineligible to rush and join a NPC that is part of the 26 sororities? Would it make a difference is she switched schools, or possibly changed to a non-science major and would be ineligible for a science major only sorority?

I am just curious after ready a post my someone in a different thread that said that music sorority members could join NPC sororities, but am wondering if a major related sorority could do the same if that major related sorority was part of the colllege panhellenic counsil.

Thank a bunch for your info, I am just really too curious some times.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by couggirl View Post
Okay, I just want to be clear that this does not apply to me and I am just wanting to know for the sake of my curiosity.
My question is groups that are part of the college NPC but not nationally, like a sorority for science majors. What if a woman rushes and joins science major sorority and gets initiated, then for some reason drops out. Would she then be ineligible to rush and join a NPC that is part of the 26 sororities? Would it make a difference is she switched schools, or possibly changed to a non-science major and would be ineligible for a science major only sorority?

I am just curious after ready a post my someone in a different thread that said that music sorority members could join NPC sororities, but am wondering if a major related sorority could do the same if that major related sorority was part of the colllege panhellenic counsil.

As long as she has not been initated into one of the 26 NPCs, she is free to join one. College PHC has nothing to do with National rules.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

okay, thanks.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

This may not be true at the collegiate level if the non-NPC sorority is a member of the campus Panhel. Your friend will need to check the Panhel rules of her campus or the campus she is transferring to.

If the initiated women quits the non-NPC sorority that is a member of the Panhel, her campus Panhel rules may prevent her from joining any other Panhel sorority. Likewise, if the initiated women transfers to another campus where the non-NPC sorority is a member of the Panhel, that campus Panhel rules may prevent her from joining any other Panhel sorority even if she has quit the non-NPC sorority.

For example, Alpha Sigma Kappa (social eng sorority), and Ceres (social ag sorority), Phi Sigma Rho (social eng sorority) are non-NPC social sororities that do not allow dual membership with NPC sororities and are often members of their campus Panhels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couggirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
As long as she has not been initated into one of the 26 NPCs, she is free to join one. College PHC has nothing to do with National rules.
Closed Thread