GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,647
2 members and 1,645 guests
nataliecavsoz41, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 06-10-2022, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelyDays View Post
I found out that a woman who sings in my church’s treble chant choir with me is also an Alpha Gam AND from the Chapter I initiated into! SHE was the one surprised to see our letters, I guess. She disaffiliated as a senior and hasn’t been involved since but after she saw the letters I wore to choir practice she contacted IHQ to ask about how she can repair the relationship. Squirrel rescue!
That's great you are working to mend things, I hope all works out.
Old 06-14-2022, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I parked next to a SUV with an "Alpha Kappa Alpha" back license plate frame. I wonder if the owner would notice my back license plate frame that reads "Party with Phi Kappa Tau"
Old 06-15-2022, 07:53 AM
GreekChat Member

In a foodstore during the fast after-work shopping hour, noticed a young man wearing a tshirt with an unusual design that also sported the words "Decidedly Delts". Unfortunately, there were no corresponding/identifying greek letters included and we were all shopping quickly to get home and eat, so I couldn't ask him his affiliation.
Old 07-03-2022, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Wish I had a close friend TriDelt - there’s a neat old ring in a flea market shop in Arcadia FL I would buy for her if I did
Old 07-04-2022, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I am the House Director for a sorority that is not mine. I have a KD license plate frame on my car. The other day, the garage was open and my car was visible. A young lady stopped and let me know how surprised she was to see. the KD frame in our garage. Her aunt is a KD. Laughed when I was the one with the letters where no one would expect to see them.

DaffyKD
Old 07-04-2022, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I was watching an episode of Expedition Unknown on my DVR last night. In the background behind the host, Josh Gates, is a paddle with the letters Delta Psi on it. In between the Greek letters are "JGT", which stands for "Josh Gates Tonight" - the name of the show they put on during the pandemic (since Josh couldn't travel the world).

I checked and it looks like Josh Gates went to Tufts University, but I couldn't find any mention of a fraternity affiliation. The only Delta Psi I know is St. Anthony's Hall. So this could possibly be an instance where the prop guy added "random" Greek letters for effect.

True and Constant
Old 09-11-2022, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I was visiting the Mob Museum in Las Vegas when I noticed this name tag on display. Jackie Presser was a mob-backed President of the Teamsters. He was also an FBI informant. I wasn't familiar with this fraternity, so I looked them up. Delta Nu Alpha is a transportation fraternity which support professionals in the logistics and trucking industries. It's not clear if the fraternity is still in operation. At least one chapter showing up on an internet search is still quite active.

True and Constant
Old 09-11-2022, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post

I was visiting the Mob Museum in Las Vegas when I noticed this name tag on display. Jackie Presser was a mob-backed President of the Teamsters. He was also an FBI informant. I wasn't familiar with this fraternity, so I looked them up. Delta Nu Alpha is a transportation fraternity which support professionals in the logistics and trucking industries. It's not clear if the fraternity is still in operation. At least one chapter showing up on an internet search is still quite active.
Seems this should be the fraternity for geneticists or forensic scientists

@~/~~~~
Old 09-11-2022, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Well played!
Old 09-11-2022, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Well played!

The students at Oklahoma State University beat you to it.

True and Constant
Old 09-15-2022, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The students at Oklahoma State University beat you to it.

Ha, nice!

@~/~~~~
Old 11-06-2022, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

In a comedic Facebook reel (Tiktok clip?) about coffee LOL

https://www.facebook.com/reel/802573644134679?fs=e&s=cl

I have no idea if this link will work for any of you, but I assure you, the letters are there
Old 11-07-2022, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post
I was just wondering some random places where people saw their (or another house's) letters.

Last night I was watching MTV Cribs- it was the drummer from Papa Roach's house, and his girlfriend lives with him and was helping with the tour. The camera did a quick shot on her DG paddle and a collage. Even though i'm not a DG, i get excited to see letters.
^^^^^In the spirit of the OP of this thread, this is a very random notice of another group's letters, and requires an 'I See Greek Letters Everywhere' imagination (I'm no good at link posting):

A delta atop a gamma, as on a lavalier drop, floating in my early-morning bowl of Limited Edition Cheerios cereal (the kind with heart-shaped Cheerios in the box).

The delta is actually an upside-down heart-shaped cheerio, and the gamma just below it is a broken heart-shaped piece with its edges straight enough to resemble the letter gamma.

I've observed several of these floating lavalier-drop-type DG letter pairings at breakfast but again, only with Limited Edition Cheerios cereal.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I worked as a Roamer for the Board of Elections (Montgomery County, Maryland) in the election yesterday. I walked into one precinct and saw one of the election workers with *my* letters (Alpha Phi Omega) on and asked her what chapter. She said it was her (biological) big sister's shirt. Didn't get a chance to ask any more (on the move from 5:30 AM to after 9:30PM yesterday) but in some ways the *original* reason this thread exists. !!!
Old 11-10-2022, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I was watching an episode of Expedition Unknown on my DVR last night. In the background behind the host, Josh Gates, is a paddle with the letters Delta Psi on it. In between the Greek letters are "JGT", which stands for "Josh Gates Tonight" - the name of the show they put on during the pandemic (since Josh couldn't travel the world).

I checked and it looks like Josh Gates went to Tufts University, but I couldn't find any mention of a fraternity affiliation. The only Delta Psi I know is St. Anthony's Hall. So this could possibly be an instance where the prop guy added "random" Greek letters for effect.
I am guessing those letters are meant to stand for Discovery Channel somehow? (the network that carries Josh Gates' shows) There is no Greek letter equivalent for the Ch sound, though, so they just used Psi for some reason.