GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,242
4 members and 1,238 guests
prettyandpearls, samuepetrovo164

Old 08-21-2022, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I’m pretty sure “publicity seeking jagoff” is the pronoun we should be using for this person at this point.

Old 08-21-2022, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Unfortunately, it did reflect negatively on PH. Theta and Gamma Phi were the only two chapters that didn't cut Grant right away. Those two chapters gave him a chance. When he eventually got dropped, I saw a bunch of people get on our Gamma Phi Beta Alabama chapter Insta and post things like "Justice for Grant!!!!" I don't understand why they were protesting the chapter that tried to give him a chance when the others just straight dropped him ASAP. But yeah, they wanted to shame Gamma Phi for not bidding him.

I don't take rando comments on social media seriously. And others shouldn't either. Grant got justice = he got what he wanted and what he knew he would get.
Old 08-21-2022, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I’m with Titchou on this one. I can only imagine what kind of BS the public IG accounts for UA sororities have to deal with…because the TikTok fiasco has attracted plenty of random, unstable people with plenty of opinions.

Last year it was the same thing. Yet they still got record numbers of PNMs and it’s still one of the most respected systems in the country.

The more Grant speaks…the more I think people will realize that the sororities were right in not offering this person membership. It’s pretty clear this was one giant publicity stunt.

Attention seeking jag off!
Old 08-21-2022, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I’m pretty sure “publicity seeking jagoff” is the pronoun we should be using for this person at this point.
Sobriquet of the Year, thus far!
Old 08-29-2022, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Based off of the edit in the article, Grant is non-binary. I don't know why they expected to get accepted into a sorority when they do not identify as female. I'm sure they'd have no problem getting into a co-ed GLO as long as they got through rush. This all just seems like a silly stunt and trivializes what trans individuals have to go through to join GLO's that align with their gender identity.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Has everyone noticed that you don't hear of a biological female trying to join a fraternity?
Old 08-29-2022, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Women who have transitioned and consider themselves males have gone through fraternity recruitment and some fraternities nationally have agreed to accept them.

Often FTM trans people are pretty low key and don’t want anything other than to pass as their gender and be accepted. I’ve noticed considerable histrionics and attention seeking behavior from some MTF trans people. Not all, of course.

Grant- who knows what Grant identifies as- I haven’t bothered to check today since it changes so often. However, I don’t think Grant’s issues stemmed from gender identity- just a way to piggyback into the TikTok rush video views and publicity. Grant was whatever Grant had to be that day to get more views. Which, as others have indicated, just cheapens the idea of trans/non-binary and makes it harder for people who genuinely identify as such to be taken seriously in life.
Old 08-29-2022, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post

Grant- who knows what Grant identifies as- I haven’t bothered to check today since it changes so often. However, I don’t think Grant’s issues stemmed from gender identity- just a way to piggyback into the TikTok rush video views and publicity. Grant was whatever Grant had to be that day to get more views. Which, as others have indicated, just cheapens the idea of trans/non-binary and makes it harder for people who genuinely identify as such to be taken seriously in life.
Yes, I haven't followed Grant's story super closely, but have seen the back and forth based on articles where Grant was interviewed etc. I have to say this, and this is just my two cents. I do feel like Grant was using this to gain notoriety and I agree with you Winter, it does make things more challenging for those in the trans and non-binary community. For people in these groups this isn't a joke and with the other societal/mental health/healthcare access/legal issues it is a shame because I feel like Grant is just making a mockery of everyone. The greek system, and those who are non-binary/trans.

I feel like Grant needs to step forward and apologize and at least own up to the motives behind this.

Hopping off my soap box.
Old 08-29-2022, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahRah241 View Post
Based off of the edit in the article, Grant is non-binary. I don't know why they expected to get accepted into a sorority when they do not identify as female. I'm sure they'd have no problem getting into a co-ed GLO as long as they got through rush. This all just seems like a silly stunt and trivializes what trans individuals have to go through to join GLO's that align with their gender identity.
What makes you think the co-ed GLOs want Grant? I belong to one (Alpha Phi Omega) and he's done more than enough that I wouldn't want to vote him into brotherhood. (Yes we use "Brother" for all and have since Title IX had us go co-ed in the USA)

Last edited by naraht; 08-29-2022 at 05:25 PM. Reason: further
Old 08-29-2022, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Good point!