GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 2,023
3 members and 2,020 guests
anatexaxd6741

Old 06-20-2022, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelyDays View Post
I’m attending the Alpha Gam convention this summer. It will be my 6th convention but my first time as a delegate. I’m nervous that I will make a mistake or forget where I’m supposed to be when, but I’m ready to do my best.
You'll be fine Just follow the hoard of Alpha Gams going into the rooms! Seriously though, there will be an agenda in your bag that you'll get when you register which will have where things are, what time, which rooms, etc. You will want to leave for meals early because the hotel elevators will get ridiculously crowded going down. The lower floor you're on the more problematic this becomes. The best thing to do is to get on going up - just so you get on an elevator
Old 06-21-2022, 06:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
You'll be fine The best thing to do is to get on going up - just so you get on an elevator
I think I learned this one the hard way in Indianapolis! LOL.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You'll be fine Just follow the hoard of Alpha Gams going into the rooms! Seriously though, there will be an agenda in your bag that you'll get when you register which will have where things are, what time, which rooms, etc. You will want to leave for meals early because the hotel elevators will get ridiculously crowded going down. The lower floor you're on the more problematic this becomes. The best thing to do is to get on going up - just so you get on an elevator

Convention Elevator Syndrome is the WORST! In 2006, we had Convention in Phoenix at the Biltmore -- rooms are spread out in separate buildings. Elevator Syndrome was replaced with too few golf carts and long, hot walks. You just can't win, lol!
Old 06-29-2022, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

We just returned from our convention, and fortunately, there were four elevators in the hotel, which certainly helped! I think only once did we have to turn people away and not let them in.

My most traumatic elevator experience was when two collegians stepped in and I said hi and asked them if they were enjoying convention, and they said, "Yes, ma'am."

@~/~~~~
Old 06-30-2022, 06:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
We just returned from our convention, and fortunately, there were four elevators in the hotel, which certainly helped! I think only once did we have to turn people away and not let them in.

My most traumatic elevator experience was when two collegians stepped in and I said hi and asked them if they were enjoying convention, and they said, "Yes, ma'am."
They obviously were lovely young Southern ladies!
Old 06-30-2022, 07:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post

Wasn't AST here in Tampa? One of my friends represented Alpha Gam at a luncheon there. We do a collection every year for Dress for Success here in Tampa and she was excited to hear the keynote speaker. I hope you had a great time!!
Old 06-30-2022, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Chi Omega’s Convention was held last weekend at the JW Marriott in Phoenix. It was so glorious to be back together, in person! This was my 20th Convention, and probably my favorite!
Old 07-21-2022, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

The Zeta Phi Beta convention has been happening this week in my town. It's nice seeing a lot of ladies in royal blue and white downtown. I wondered if any other conventions would be occurring here, and it turns out that Delta Gamma's was held here last month, but I don't recall seeing much about it. Was it mostly virtual?
Old 07-21-2022, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You will want to leave for meals early because the hotel elevators will get ridiculously crowded going down. The lower floor you're on the more problematic this becomes. The best thing to do is to get on going up - just so you get on an elevator
Shockingly, we didn't seem to have a lot of elevator problems. I probably just jinxed us for our next convention in Atlanta though.
Old 07-22-2022, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
Shockingly, we didn't seem to have a lot of elevator problems. I probably just jinxed us for our next convention in Atlanta though.

Having been to the convention site somewhat recently, the elevators will be one of your favorite things!
Old 07-22-2022, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorD View Post
Having been to the convention site somewhat recently, the elevators will be one of your favorite things!
Oh...I've looked at the photos on the website. I can't wait to see it in person!!
Old 07-22-2022, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Convention Elevator Syndrome is the WORST! In 2006, we had Convention in Phoenix at the Biltmore -- rooms are spread out in separate buildings. Elevator Syndrome was replaced with too few golf carts and long, hot walks. You just can't win, lol!
We had that in Mineral Wells, CA- the Palm Desert, but there were no golf carts, just a very very long hot walk in 117 degrees. My least favorite Convention location so far.

Quote:
Nice- I didn't end up going because I was exposed to COVID two days before I was supposed to drive down and thought I better not risk it. Had worked with someone all day Monday in relatively close proximity. Thankfully, I tested negative every few days so I'm in the clear now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorD View Post
Is it the same hotel as the last time we were in ATL? I was on one of the floors closer to the top that time and had no issue getting the elevator. And got to watch the 4th of July fireworks from up there. And yes, the elevators were very cool.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Is it the same hotel as the last time we were in ATL?
It's the Marriott Marquis. Not sure if it's the same one as I didn't go to the last one in Atlanta...but God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there in 2024!
Old 07-23-2022, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It's the Marriott Marquis. Not sure if it's the same one as I didn't go to the last one in Atlanta...but God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there in 2024!
Looks like the same one. It was 2001 when we were there last!