GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,517
0 members and 1,517 guests
No Members online

Old 02-28-2022, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

NPC International Badge Day 2022

Time to get out those beautiful badges and rock them for all to see!

MAR 6 AT 11 PM – MAR 7 AT 10:59 PM CST

NPC invites you to wear your sorority badge with pride all day long! Tell us about what impact your sorority experience had on you and why you still proudly wear your badge today! For your safety as well as your community, we encourage you to celebrate virtually this year. Share your photos here and across social media using #BadgeDay22.

International Badge Day celebrates the common sorority experience. In the spirit of global interfraternal relations, NPC invites any sorority woman, including members of the National Pan-Hellenic Council Inc., the National Multicultural Greek Council, the National Asian Pacific Islander American Panhellenic Association and the National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations Inc. women’s groups to participate.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post

NPC invites you to wear your sorority badge with pride all day long! Tell us about what impact your sorority experience had on you and why you still proudly wear your badge today! For your safety as well as your community, we encourage you to celebrate virtually this year. Share your photos here and across social media using #BadgeDay22.

International Badge Day celebrates the common sorority experience. In the spirit of global interfraternal relations, NPC invites any sorority woman, including members of the National Pan-Hellenic Council Inc., the National Multicultural Greek Council, the National Asian Pacific Islander American Panhellenic Association and the National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations Inc. women’s groups to participate.
I don't understand the virtual part. I should go to work, go to the grocery store, the post office, etc. but only wear my badge virtually? How does that work?

Old 02-28-2022, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Badge day rules!

I think what they mean by "virtually" is if your overall national/international board has a virtual celebration that you can participate in.

Other than that, wear your badge out if you can! I hope I can, but with my line of work, I'm way too scared to lose it and might just speak on my sorority experience and show off my amazing badge!

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 02-28-2022, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
I don't understand the virtual part. I should go to work, go to the grocery store, the post office, etc. but only wear my badge virtually? How does that work?
I don't usually quote verbatim on these things, but that part stymied me as well. I plan to wear mine, no matter what.
Old 02-28-2022, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I think because of COVID - to play it extra safe - they're encouraging people to participate virtually in the sense that they don't go out but instead wear their badge through Zoom calls, for example.

At the same time, I think people are largely getting back to "normal" this year.

Also, many people have been "wearing" their badge virtually through social media for many years, even before COVID existed - i.e. changing their profile picture to a photo of their badge.

@~/~~~~
Old 03-01-2022, 07:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Made sense to me...not all places are wide open so wear your badge on Zoom, put it on social media, etc. so that you are safe in your locale.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

*Minor* correction here. The NAPA in 2017 added Desi (as a descriptor for South Asian Culture) to its name, keeping NAPA as the abbreviation. So it is the National Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Panhellenic Association or National APIDA Panhellenic Association. See https://www.napahq.org/about/#napa-history
(I was involved in researching the changes for Wikipedia a year or so ago)
Old 03-02-2022, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:

Because of our guidelines on the wearing our badge, I will not be wearing mine however I will wear a nice SGRho crest pin in solidarity (and because we are turning 100 this year)
Old 03-02-2022, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
Because of our guidelines on the wearing our badge, I will not be wearing mine however I will wear a nice SGRho crest pin in solidarity (and because we are turning 100 this year)
Congratulations to SGRho!
Old 03-07-2022, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I wore my badge today! I was only out briefly, but I threw on a dress and my pretty badge!

Be a Volunteer!
Old 03-08-2022, 07:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I wore mine yesterday. :-)