GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,360
0 members and 2,360 guests
No Members online

Old 08-27-2002, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok. So tonight was floor night, and I had the best time ever. I went from being totally nervous, to being totally calm. I felt like one of the calmest girls around, actually.

The night started out with all of the PNM's and Rho Chis meeting in the University Center, and dividing into groups. I was really excited about my group because there is this one girl that I always see around campus, and I knew she was a Rho Chi because they have to wear like certain outfits and stuff, and she is really really nice, so I was TOTALLY pumped to be in her group.
The first floor I went to was the ASA floor, and I think it might be one of my favorites so far. I was really impressed with how all of the girls were dressed so nicely. We walked into the door to so many beautiful, sweet women singing and clapping at us and we were lead into the chapter room where the girls who were selected to show us around introduced themselves to the group (only about ten from each chapter are allowed to show yu around on floor night). Then we divided into smaller groups, and one of the girls from the chapter came and found a group of about three or so girls and took us around. I was so excited when my girl came and found me. Her name was Traci and she is the chapter president. She was really sweet, and she showed me and another girl around the floor.

My next Ffloor was the AOPi floor. This is the floor I live on, so there was nothing really new. These girls are very cute and they were all wearing matching baseball-esque AOPi shirts and they looked totally cute. I was taken around with a girl that I LOVE that lives on my floor, and it was so nice to be able to carry on a more "real" conversation with her, since I kind of already knew her.

The next floor I went to was the Sigma floor. It a very pretty floor, and I was impressed with how personable all of the ladies were. I also loooved how my girl took me around and told me things that seemed really aplicable. I feel like I learned the most about this sorority. She mentioned something about a door that they don't like people to touch bc it involved thier ritual or something, and I was really excited to hear how sacred they kept it, and how important it was to them (not to say that the others dont, but the Sigmas were the only ones who mentioned how important it was to them tonight).

My last foor was theb Delta Zeta floor. I was taken around by the chapter president in this house too, and although, I know that may mean absolutely nothing, it made me feel very special that she was so nice to me. I loved all of the beautiful pink and green on the floor and the whole atmosphere was just so bright and cheery!! I was glad to have this as my last floor because just when I was starting to get tired and ready to get back to my room and crash, I walked into this beautiful bright hall with sweet ladies all smiling at me and it was just a perfect way to end the night.

Anyways, no REAL favorites yet, its just too early to tell. Tomorrow we go to all four chapters again, this time in party rooms in the University Center. I'm really hyped to see how things go tomorrow, and I am excited to start making some descisions after tomorrow night!!!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-28-2002, 08:21 AM

Thanks for the update, JustHey! I can't wait to hear about tonight, I hope you have another great evening.

Christin
Old 08-28-2002, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up good beginning

sounds like an outstanding start...
keep your mind and your heart open and see how the week plays.
lol
Old 08-28-2002, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck, and have a great week. I can't wait to read how everything is going
Old 08-28-2002, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! I can't wait to hear more about your RUSH experience

Kerry
Old 08-28-2002, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sassykd
Sounds like you are approaching this with an open heart. Enjoy yourself the next few days and keep us posted.

We have to feed our recruitment addiction somehow

Greek love,
Melissa
Old 08-29-2002, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I hope that she gets back to us soon, I want to find out how it's going!
Old 08-29-2002, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok. Sorry it took so long, but I wanted to wait until I got my invitations back to tell you guys what is going on.

Last night I went to four parties for info night. The first party I went to was AOPi, and I was very happy that that was my first party because I was really REALLY nervous, and knowing those girls a little better helped me transition into party night a little smoother. I had LIPSTICK on my teeth when I first walked in, and luckily, the girl told me. We got to see some slide shows (and ps, I saw slide shows at every party, but I think I was most moved by this one). I got to learn all about the panda, and why it is thier symbol, so that was really cool. I also learned that AOPi started bc a jewish girl was not accepted into a sorority, so she formed a new one, so thje AOPis were telling us that they are based on diversity, and looking at thier girls now, I can say that they are keeping to that, because it is a very diverse group of girls.

The next party I went to was the DZ floor ***EDITED I put house origionally, but it is floor, NSU does not have houses*****. I am definitely starting to fall in love with them I think. These girls are SO cheerful and sweet. I didnt have any trouble carrying on a conversation with my girl, who was the same girl who took me around most of the first night. I told her about some of my high school activities, and was happy to learn that they have a very high GPA, and SEEM (notice, obviously I dont know everything about every sorority, but from what I have observed so far) to take their studies a little more seriously. And they have a great partner program where you pair up with an older girl in the house (not the same as big lil, although, im sure that girl could end up being your big) who has close to the same major as you, and she helps you out, and tells you the best professors and everything!!!

The next party I went to was ASA, and they have been a favorite of mine all along. I met some of the girls that I had talked to the night before, and then, I was taken around by a new girl, who introduced me to TONS more girls. So that was really cool that I got to meet lots of girls from the chapter. I met more girls in that party than I have met in all of Rush combined.

THe last party that I went to was the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority. I like these girls a whole lot, and actually, I found out tonight that there are lots of girls from my home high school that are in Sigma, and lots of girls from my HS that are PNM's want to go Sigma really really badly. Although I really like these girls, and they seem really put together, I think that this was a turn off more than a turn on. I am in college now, and I want to broaden my horizons I think. I know that there are many other ways to do that if I was to pledge Tri Sigma, but something tells me that this sorority may not be for me. The girl who took me around didnt seem to talk to me very much at all, and, actually I was really nervous that she might not like me or something, which leads me to invitations, and my big shock.

I just now went to get my invitations and somehow, I was invited back to all four. I was pretty shocked to get invited back to Sigma, because I was just sure that the girl hated me and thoguht I didnt click well with the chapter at all. Then I had to debate, and pick only three parties to attend tonight. I debated for a long time over which to eliminate. last night and all this morning, I just assumed that I would be cut by Sigma, and then I wouldn't have to make a descision on which three to attend today, because I would only have three or less invitations. But, after I found out that all four invited me back, I went into complete and total panic. I was worried now that maybe the girl DIDNT like me, but they wanted to give me a second chance with another girl tonight. Maybe i just read too much into how the girl acted because it was the last party annd we were ALL exausted. After much deliberation, this is how I legitimized (is that a word?? hehe) to myself. I know I was comfortable in AOPi, and even a bit emotional, I KNOW that I was comfortable with the DZs, and I KNOW I was comfortable in ASA. I wasnt sure about Tri Sigma, and isnt comfort what this is all about? Seeing these girls as potential sisters? It shouldn't be this hard to choose, and I shouldnt have had to read so much into the Sigma party. So that is how I made my desicion to accept invitations to AOPi, ASA, and DZ for tonight, and decline my invitaion to Tri Sigma.

I am sad about not going back to thier party tonight though. Sailboatgirl was supposed to be there, and I would have really REALLY liked the chance to meet her, since we couldnt really meet outside of rush.

Anyways, I am way stressed out now about my invitations, but, I am very confident in my descision, so I will let that soothe me. I am REALLY looking forward to skit night tonight. I am also really looking forward to wearing the outfit I have planned for tonight, it is one of my favorites!!

Sorry this was so long, and ps, hootie, I go to Northeastern State, in OK.

Last edited by justhey76; 08-29-2002 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Have fun tonight! Looking forward to hearing more details.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Justhey,

If you declined Tri-Sigma with interest, and they invite you back to another round, you can accept that invite and decline another. That's up to you, though. I know that some houses on some campuses will invite girls back even tho' those PNMs dropped their house.

You are keeping a very open mind and that's great. Just relax and have fun!

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on your invites!
Old 08-29-2002, 02:45 PM

justhey - I'm so glad you got to meet a lot more ASA's (hey, I am entitled to a little bias!) and that's awesome about your invites. Keep us posted, I'm glad you're having such a good time!
Old 08-29-2002, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

That is so awesome that you were invited back to all houses. That is often rare! I can't wait to find out where you end up!
Old 08-29-2002, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Glad to hear that you had a good time at all the houses. I can't wait to hear more.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:15 PM

Congrats on being invited back by all 4 houses. Keep having fun and keep us posted!