GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,003
0 members and 2,003 guests
No Members online

Old 08-18-2002, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jbrookie82 Send a message via Yahoo to jbrookie82
erniegurl00,
I am not sure what my schedule is for round one yet, but I will find out tommorrow afternoon when I arrive.

Another question for all of you...Did any of you change your mind a lot from the first time you met a certain chapter to what you thought about them by the end of the recruitment week? Or, were your first impressions pretty much right on? Just Wondering.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2002, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I felt at home at Pi Phi from the minute I walked into the suite during open house. My top two favorites from open house were the two chapters I preffed (we could go to only two then, but I think it's three now). However, I'm not sure that my experience was typical. I rushed as a junior, so maybe I just had a better idea by then of what I was looking for, and knew it when I saw it.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope you are having a blast. It can be overwhelming, but it sounds like you are having a great time!!
Old 08-18-2002, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Silverblue, I love hearing positive things about my sisters in other chapters!

As for impressions changing during rush, I changed my mind about one group. Although I didn't end up there, by the end of rush I knew that they were very nice group who I wouldn't have minded calling my sisters. Going in I hated them, they had the worst rep and it was totaly un deserved. I think it's ok to change your mind as many times as it takes till you are 110% sure of what is right for you.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Aww! I wish I were at UT! 3 of my SAI sisters are in AZD chapter! In addition to the old roomie who's in ZTA! And I met a friend last year (someone my roomies went to h.s. with) who is in SK! They and the other chapters are wonderful - I just know those three the best! Keep having fun!
Old 08-18-2002, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Talking

On philanthropy day, I would try to find out what the national and local philanthropies are (some groups have a local one in addition to national...). Try to find out how often they actually do service projects and what kinds of things they do (i.e.: Halloween party for kids at school for the deaf, fun runs, etc.). Also, try to get to know the girls you talk to and just make a friend! Find out what kinds of fun things they do like formals, sisterhood events, etc. Maybe ask what the new member program is like. You don't have to talk about anything too serious on that day. Just try to find out more about the girls and their chapter, what sets them apart. It will help you get a feel for the different chapters.

How exciting for you! Remember to just have fun! This is an awesome time that you will never forget, no matter where you end up
Old 08-18-2002, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

COngratulations! I am excited to hear that you are going back to Sigma Kappa!!!! It is common to change your feelings about different houses. Each day you could be meeting different sisters that can account for different impressions. Just keep your mind open and by the end of rush I am sure it will all become clearer to you. Best of luck, I hope you are having a wonderful time!!
Old 08-18-2002, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Whichever chapter she chooses, she can't go wrong. I had friends in all of them when I was an undergraduate.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck with round one and keep your spirits up
Old 08-18-2002, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to heatherzeta
Awesome! I am pumped to see you're headed back to the Zeta house. I had an instant conneciton when I went through at LSU with the Zeta girls and felt so comfortable. From the rest ofthe thread, sounds like all the chapters you have on your list at UT rock! Have fun and meet some great women
Old 08-18-2002, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: hot, humid houston . . .how's that for alliteration?
i'm glad your happy with all of your choices!!! and i'm more happy that you got asked back to sigma kappa! i'm rootin for them!!

One Heart One Way. . .
Old 08-18-2002, 06:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
hey JBrookie...happy to see you are going back to AZD!!Although I am a bit bias, all these are wonderful houses to belong too!

As for changing your mind, I did it about a million times before I made my final decision! Everytime I went to a party, there was something wonderful about it. But, when I walked into AZD pref, I knew I was home.

Best of luck!
-Maggie
Old 08-18-2002, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
My thoughts on the different houses changed once I started rush. Before going into rush I definitely wanted to go Pi Phi, and I actually only rushed to join them. However, once rush started I fell in love with another house and changed my mind for part of the week. But as you can see I changed my mind back.

jbrookie82,

I'm so happy and excited for you! After reading through these posts it really sounds like you're going to be choosing from some GREAT houses! I hope you continue to enjoy your experience. Trust me, it's something you'll never forget!

Erin
Old 08-18-2002, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, it sounds like you will be visiting some wonderful sororities during the next few days. I am sure that all of the houses are wonderful and any one of them will be very fortunate to count you among their sisters. Sit back, enjoy the ride, and be sure to listen to your heart. I can hardly wait to hear if you will be visiting ZTA during your next round!
Old 08-18-2002, 09:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
I agree with everyone else...Listen to your heart and you'll know where you feel the most comfortable!!! Good Luck and keep us updated!