GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,875
2 members and 2,873 guests
naraht

Old 04-06-2014, 04:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Rushing as a Junior

Next semester I'm going to be a junior at an SEC school, and I've been considering rushing. I rushed and pledged a house my freshman semester, and after a year it ultimately did not work out. The whole experience left a really sour taste of Greek Life in my mouth and it took me a while to get over it, but now I feel like this bad experience robbed me of the great things being in a house can offer, and I'd like to give it another shot at a different house.

I was hoping anyone could share any advice, or tell me what I should expect from the whole thing as a junior.

Thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-06-2014, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingWild View Post
Next semester I'm going to be a junior at an SEC school, and I've been considering rushing. I rushed and pledged a house my freshman semester, and after a year it ultimately did not work out. The whole experience left a really sour taste of Greek Life in my mouth and it took me a while to get over it, but now I feel like this bad experience robbed me of the great things being in a house can offer, and I'd like to give it another shot at a different house.

I was hoping anyone could share any advice, or tell me what I should expect from the whole thing as a junior.

Thanks
If you were a member for a year, did you initiate?
Old 04-06-2014, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

No I was never initiated.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:04 PM

Have you become close with many members of a different fraternity? Have they encouraged you to re-rush?

If not, and if the chapter you were associated with previously isn't one that's pretty uniformly reviled on campus, you may have a challenge ahead of you.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Have you become close with many members of a different fraternity? Have they encouraged you to re-rush?

If not, and if the chapter you were associated with previously isn't one that's pretty uniformly reviled on campus, you may have a challenge ahead of you.
I haven't become close with a group from a specific house, but I have friends who've encouraged me to look at other houses.

I don't really know where my last chapter stands reputation wise exactly, other than it has fallen since I was there, but knowing my campus personally I don't think it'll be a huge problem.