GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Beta > Beta Sigma Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,603
3 members and 1,600 guests
indygphib, LaneSig, TLLK

Old 05-15-2002, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KRXAlum
Boston Chapter(s)/Questions

Hello all. My name is Meri and was actually in a local while in college. Although I am a proud alum of my sorority, I have also thought it would be neat to connect with women all over the country and/or the world where people belonged to an organization... I also miss the activities of a sorority as well... which leads me to my questions....

1) I looked around on the Beta Sigma Phi site to see if there was a chapter in/near Boston, but couldn't find any information on this. Does anyone know if there is a chapter around Boston.

2) Since I was in a local, am I still eligble to become a sister of Beta Sigma Phi? I wasn't sure about this, so I figured I would ask. If anyone could help me out with these questions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks so much!!

With sisterly love,
Meri
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-16-2002, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to cutetiger Send a message via AIM to cutetiger Send a message via Yahoo to cutetiger
Re: Boston Chapter(s)/Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by KRXAlum
1) I looked around on the Beta Sigma Phi site to see if there was a chapter in/near Boston, but couldn't find any information on this. Does anyone know if there is a chapter around Boston.
To answer this first question is easy. International just redesigned their website and aren't up to posting all the chapter names. If you know someone that is a Beta, ask them if you can borrow one of their Torches (our magazine). Every August, International prints the names of all the chapters and their locations in it. If you don't, then don't stress. All you need to do is contact Keri Marshall. She's our membership person at International. The email is membership@betasigmaphi.org. She's an AWESOME person and very very helpful.

Quote:
2) Since I was in a local, am I still eligble to become a sister of Beta Sigma Phi? I wasn't sure about this, so I figured I would ask. If anyone could help me out with these questions, I would appreciate it.

I don't think Beta has any rules about being/have been in another GLO. One of the girls in my chapter was a former ABC* at LSU and left for personal reasons. She didn't have any problems getting into Beta. However, you might want to check the bylaws of your local to see if there isn't anything there that might prevent you from doing Beta. Sometimes locals put things like that in their bylaws, but if there isn't anything there, then that's great!

Now a little into the process. You will contact Keri Marshall at International. She in turn will contact the city council in the Boston area. The city council will in turn try to find a chapter that is suited for you. Keep in mind that this process might not be quick. I first contacted international in June of last year and didn't become a member until October. This process went a little faster for us cause we started our own chapter. Remember to be patient because International is trying to make sure the chapter is the right one for you. With Boston being a major city, I'm sure that their are TONS of chapters there and you won't have a problem finding one that suits you well. If you need any more information, feel free to either pm me, post it on here, or email me at cute_cajun_lady@hotmail.com

With lots of sister love coming back at ya,
Bernadette
Old 05-16-2002, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks!

Cutetiger,
Thanks so much for your help. I'll let you know how things go
Old 05-18-2002, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Little Update

Hello!
Just wanted to drop a line and say that I just sent an email to Keri on the Membership Board. So hopefully I will hear back from her or someone else soon. If I get any additional information, I will let you know.

Thanks again!
Old 05-19-2002, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Good luck to you. I'm in the same boat that you are. I just moved to Dallas a year ago and I'm still looking for the right chapter
Old 05-19-2002, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Let me know!

prospectiverushee,
Good luck to you as well. We'll have to keep each other (and everyone else on here ) informed about our progress. It's nice that someone is going through this the same time as me

-Meri
Old 07-29-2002, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey LS,
Well it was weird. I hear back from the headquarters a couple months ago... They asked me some questions and said there might be some chapters outside the Boston area and they would let me know... But I haven't heard anything since. So, I'm not really sure what to do at this point.