GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,339
2 members and 1,337 guests
LaneSig

Old 08-05-2014, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I've seen a whole bunch of car stickers around RI since all the college kids are home, but my favorite was briefly chatting with an ADPi who'd just graduated from Duke while we were both in the dining hall at Brown. I saw her wearing a Ronald McDonald House shirt and immediately knew that she was my sister!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-11-2014, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Since training has began here:
2 Sorors
1 DST (who I haven't matched to the car yet)
1 Sigma
1 Alpha
1 Sigma Chi
1 Tri Delta
1 Alpha Phi Omega

Met our RA staff:
1 DST
1 ZPB
1 Gamma Phi Beta
1 Pi Kappa Phi

There are others but I can't even recall them right now.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw an NYU AEPi shirt that said "We put the brew in Hebrew" on the back in Manhattan yesterday, DST, AKA, and Que license plate frames (not all on the same car!), stitched Tri-Sig letters in a rest stop in NJ and a DZ event shirt at froyo in Richmond tonight.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
Saw an NYU AEPi shirt that said "We put the brew in Hebrew" on the back in Manhattan yesterday, DST, AKA, and Que license plate frames (not all on the same car!), stitched Tri-Sig letters in a rest stop in NJ and a DZ event shirt at froyo in Richmond tonight.
As a former NYU RA who busted a party by an AEPi new member, appropriately called Shabbapalooza (or inappropriately?) this is hilarious and fitting.

His pledge brother was so fine tho! Wonder what he's doing these days...

Today DG spelled out on a cute tshirt with an anchor, in the dining hall.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Helped out a fabulous Kappa from Drake at work today with ordering some items for their chapter's upcoming Philanthropy event. She represented her chapter well and with great professionalism on the phone. I wish that I had remembered to tell her how impressed I was....

Old 08-15-2014, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
During my routine commutes yesterday, I found myself at various times directly behind cars with license-plate holders from Sigma Gamma Rho, Alpha Kappa Alpha, and Delta Sigma Theta. One more and I could have hit the daily grand slam!
Old 08-15-2014, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
During my routine commutes yesterday, I found myself at various times directly behind cars with license-plate holders from Sigma Gamma Rho, Alpha Kappa Alpha, and Delta Sigma Theta. One more and I could have hit the daily grand slam!
I seriously think that I see at least one NPHC license plate or frame every single day I drive to work. Today it was Kappa Alpha Psi.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post
I seriously think that I see at least one NPHC license plate or frame every single day I drive to work. Today it was Kappa Alpha Psi.
Oh, I do too. What made this day unusual was that I saw three of the four sororities.

It's a very rare day I don't notice at least one ... but then college and university license plates are also extremely common around here.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Did not see a single set of letters at the Cleveland Air Show today. I live in such a tiny town that I always seek out letters when I am in a big city (and wear them more often, too).

Θ Φ Α

Old 09-04-2014, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw an SUV with a pink-and-white 5 pointed crown sticker on rear window. Could this be some type of stylized ZTA Cancer Sticker? It's pink-and-white pattern reminded me of a Lilly or Vera print. I was driving behind the SUV so I couldn't get a close, long look at the sticker.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Banned

At a meeting at Panera Bread and a woman walked by me with a nice KKG tote.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Driving home from the train station today, a lime green SUV with AXiD letters on the back panel.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw a car with Ole Miss and DG stickers, as well as an Ole Miss Pi Phi event shirt and a Furman DG event shirt. Most interesting letters were Lambda Theta Phi stickers on a car with a North Carolina license plate.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Took my badge to the jeweler today to have a guard and some dangles attached. Turns out the young lady helping me is a member of KD.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:04 PM

Saw a Kappa this evening at the local liquor store. She and her friend were buying Bud Light. (I'm a beer snob, so I have to say *ptui!*)