GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 972
1 members and 971 guests
LaneSig

Old 03-19-2006, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

A couple of years ago I contacted okcatsmeow who is now amp1094. She was very pleasnt but had been receiving nasty e-mais because her user name wasn't related to our group. She told me it was easier not to respond to e-mails instead of reacting to the nasty ones. I can understand that. I haven't seen her bidding higher on the Quills.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Amp1094 has and does overbid other sisters on quills. She's outbid me before and that's fine. Maybe not always, but since I've been on Ebay she has. I have also received emails in the past from Amp1094 when she was okcatsmeow. She was pleasant enough, but she wouldn't tell you her name or chapter affiliation so at first I wasn't sure if I believed her. I later did find out who what her name is and was able to verify she was a sister. I know more of the story as well, but it's not really important. If you notice on some of the latest quills up that many sisters are bidding against each other ... I know some of the screennames that don't look affiliated to A Xi. A collector just won one of our quills for $167 if you take a look. Would you rather have a collector have our quill or a sister? Again you can email me anytime on a quill you really like/want and I won't bid. That's all I can really say. Sometimes I don't bid at all and sometimes I do when I have the funds available. Right now I have the funds. If someone is bidding on a quill I don't know or they are bidding against me, many times I will contact them and let them know I am a sister so the price doesn't get so high. And if a sister tells me she's really wanting the quill then I back down. If you don't like that I am a pin collector- a novice at it actually- then that's your choice. I'm working on a project for my alma mater's greek system that involves pins. That's all I'm going to really say about it.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

No no no no.....you are reading too much and getting too defensive. I have no problem wit trying to get the Quills and them not go non'members. I just think it's crazy to keep overbidding aech other and inflating the prices. There'ss no reason to raise until the last day of the auction. When the prices go so high, all it does is encourage more to end up on eBay.

A long time ago when I bid on them, I asked someone to let me have the one from my chapter-----didm't work. I can understand the much older and/or unusual ones, but it's silly to spend so much on the newer ones. I have seen lots of Quills not bid on by amp1094 or alphaxi4me or axidwisc. They, you, and EVERYONE else have just as much right to bid. And in the end, it's none of our business of they want to keep from getting crazy e-mails just because they bid and don't want to give out their name---that's why they have usernames.

I didn't write this to cause controversy, just to ask people to think---about others that might want a Quill, not jack up the prices so much, and be nicer to our sisters
Old 03-21-2006, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
BTW ... my ebay user name is alphaxi4me. I usually only bid on quills that are 20 pearls or are very old. I try very hard not to over bid others I know are Alpha Xis.

I have given quills to two chapters for their president's pins that I got from ebay. I have helped several sisters replace pins. I also have the quill from the first president of Gamma Gamma chapter (UofArizona) that is being held in trust if we ever recolonize there.

I wear the first pin I got from ebay a 1928 20 pearl quill with a diamond tip from Alpha chapter.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
I just saw this Quill along with a Recognition Quill I think not really sure but its from Beta Phi Univ. Of Connecticut 1948 - 1951. I know I ask this a lot but is starletteskye an AXiD?

Quill

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 07-18-2006, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Two More Quill on Ebay

Two Quills on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPHA-XI-DELTA-s...QQcmdZViewItem
and also
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPHA-XI-DELTA-s...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quill on Ebay

And it could end up going cheap, because the seller doesn't know what it is.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TxGirl
When Amy Reinhardt was at HQ she had a list she kept so we wouldn't bid against each other. We should see if the new guy (or someone else at HQ) will keep the list and send it out via email to those that request it. Amy was verifying memberships before she put you on the list.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:53 AM
GreekChat Member

There is another Quill up. Not really sure about the highest bidder right now because I never saw her bid on any AXiD stuff before. It's a 15 pearl Quill dated 1947. I think for the Beta Mu chapter.
Here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gold-Pearl-Alpha...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-01-2007, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

from her previous purchases, she looks to be a KD. even if she does win, maybe she would allow one of us to buy it from her?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hazelle
You know I was on ebay looking for Phi Delt gifts for my son and saw this and spoke to a Kappa here on GC...cant believe how cool a Quill it is even if they see it as a Crown....cannot read the name near the Phi Mu chapter listing...if as you say, the highest bidder might be a KD maybe we could help her buy a KD piece in the future??
Old 01-16-2007, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok so there is another Quill again. I bid on it as much as I could but I was out bid. The highest bidder is the same from last time. From her previous purchases she appears to be a KD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290072380100

Old 01-17-2007, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I haven't been looking or bidding lately... maybe I need to. Quite a few have been going to non members in the last few months.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow there is currently 3 Quills on Ebay. One is however kinda overpriced.

Last edited by flirt5721; 01-20-2007 at 01:32 AM. Reason: I can't spell very well
Old 01-21-2007, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hazelle
I am sorry but other GLO's seem to have some kind of "pin" squad....who buys them or negotiates them out the hands of non AZD's ...where the hell is ours????Can we ask National?? (and she didnt even let us see whose member number or chapter)