GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,380
1 members and 1,379 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-30-2015, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lol! I would've love to have been a fly on the wall at that tollbooth to see how that went.
https://youtu.be/bpv7N8smafY
Romans 1:16
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-30-2015, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

In the last 3 days I have discovered that 2 different guys who have been chasing me are married. One showed up on a date wearing his wedding ring. He won't be doing that again any time soon. The humiliation I publicly foisted upon him was epic. And then the bartender bought me a drink. And so did the two gay guys sitting next to me at the bar. So all in all it worked out just fine.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
In the last 3 days I have discovered that 2 different guys who have been chasing me are married. One showed up on a date wearing his wedding ring. He won't be doing that again any time soon. The humiliation I publicly foisted upon him was epic. And then the bartender bought me a drink. And so did the two gay guys sitting next to me at the bar. So all in all it worked out just fine.
My sequence of reactions reading this post:

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post

I love the graphics StealthMode. DubaiSis, good for you for standing up for yourself and letting this jerk have a piece of your mind. Getting free drinks out of the deal, icing on the cake.

Why do people feel that this is ok to go out and try and cheat on your spouse? It's just pain crappy for marrieds to jump into the singles dating scene. Its already challenging enough out there trying to find decent people let alone trying to weed out if they are married. Having had experiences where people who are married hit on me really had a detrimental effect on my self-worth and trust in the institution of marriage for a while. Bottom line if you are that dissatisified in your marriage you need to troll the dating scene you really have some serious issues you have to work out within yourself and/or your spouse. Jumping off my soapbox now.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Lmfao!!!!!! Were you able to catch him?
Old 03-30-2015, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post

Great images. And yes, it is really disheartening. It gets really old having guys just be unbelievably into me. But not available. I just don't get the enjoyment they get out of it. Seriously, dude. If you love your wife, say that stuff to HER. And if you're not in love with your wife, just suck it up and get divorced.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I've learned the hard way to ask the "obvious" questions before even getting started. I should have to ask someone if he is still married but a lot of men have a "don't ask don't tell" policy.

Same with being biologically male. Apparently, certain individuals will not say anything and just hope that's not a requirement for you...again, learned the hard way. And yes, that won the award for "Awkward Conversation of the Year."

Old 03-31-2015, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

It occurs to me today that yet another guy who has been chasing me, I told him of my recent tale of woe and said if I find out he's married I will hunt him down. And I haven't gotten a message from him yet today (which is very odd, considering he messaged me every single day while in Italy last week with his daughter). It COULD just be that he's busy working...hmmmmm.

I haven't ever asked about the biological male issue. I guess I'll add that to the list of questions no woman should ever have to ask but better anyway.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I see where you're coming from, Phroz. But I think it's more than just communication. I think there's a vast difference between who we are versus how we present ourselves. I often refer to this tension as the friction between our ideal self and our real self. Unfortunately, we don't marry the ideal but the reality. Yet, the ideal projections of both you and your partner can create expectations that counter the reality of your relationship once the masks are off.

To me, the number one killer of relationships is not communication or even finances -- it's expectations. Only when we expect our relationships to go a certain way and they veer from that do we end up offended by the other person. That's why I think during courtship (before marriage) it's important to be blunt and ask the other person what they expect from a relationship with you. And tell her, in kind, what you expect.
Yep. This!

I totally agree with PB. This is why I believe it is important to find out the answers to the things that matter most to you (in general) to see if you (in general) are a good fit for one another. Yes, even potential relationships should have an interview. Jobs do, and marriage is the most difficult job you (in general) will ever be called to master. Just as no employer/boss hires an employee who is not qualified to do the job, I wouldn't consider a man for lifetime partnership who doesn't fit the bill of my desires, needs, and.....

expectations.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 03-31-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Yep. This!

I totally agree with PB. This is why I believe it is important to find out the answers to the things that matter most to you (in general) to see if you (in general) are a good fit for one another. Yes, even potential relationships should have an interview. Jobs do, and marriage is the most difficult job you (in general) will ever be called to master. Just as no employer/boss hires an employee who is not qualified to do the job, I wouldn't consider a man for lifetime partnership who doesn't fit the bill of my desires, needs, and.....

expectations.
Picky now, aren't you? Lol. I hear you, CG. Word!
Old 04-01-2015, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

An acquaintance got married last year and I have been dying to ask her about her husband. She is a lesbian and has always been super open about it...then she married a guy. I have been trying to figure out how on earth that happened for the longest but didn't want to be rude. Tonight, we had dinner and I finally just blurted out the question--she laughed. You know, people talk about being attracted to someone of the same sex and trying to be open to it even though they "don't really swing that way." This is the first time I've heard of an openly gay person falling for a different sex and having to talk herself into being open to a straight relationship.

I also wonder if that totally inflates his ego.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anybody else take jealousy to your significant other to another level (the ladies in particular)? I found out what Sade was mad about. A woman I met at my church that a bruh initially had me attend as a guest made me a plate of food that came up in discussion the day of my frat event. Really? I don't get it. I met her long before I met Sade. And I was never involved with that woman from church at all.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Does anybody else take jealousy to your significant other to another level (the ladies in particular)? I found out what Sade was mad about. A woman I met at my church that a bruh initially had me attend as a guest made me a plate of food that came up in discussion the day of my frat event. Really? I don't get it. I met her long before I met Sade. And I was never involved with that woman from church at all.
Really? i don't get that either.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Never eat spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli and the like from women like that. Never! Ever!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAcino View Post
Never eat spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli and the like from women like that. Never! Ever!
CTFU! If I found out Brandi ever did some shit like that, I'd whoop her ass. That's some foul ass shit LOL.