GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,264
4 members and 1,260 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, indygphib, JayhawkAOII

Old 01-01-2006, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
Originally posted by AGDee
Why did I tell my aunt she could give her brother my email address?
Wow, that's quite a story! Your aunt sounds a lot like my oldest sister...she's always trying to fix me up with these guys who, on the outside, sound great--they're from good families, they go to good schools, they're decent looking, etc. BUT they always seem to need someone to "help" them get their act together, and while I'm flattered that she seems to think I'm a magician, I just don't want to deal with guys that I have to babysit. So I don't blame you for not wanting to go down that road again, chemistry be damned.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah... he could be a lot of fun, but I know he wouldn't be able to keep it casual. We have emailed back and forth a little bit and I made it clear that I don't have the time or energy for a relationship. He thought I was in a relationship, so my aunt or uncle must have told him that. First I emailed and just said Merry Christmas, I hear you're going through a rough time so I hope 2006 is better for you. He responded with two emails, the second one was this:

Listen just wondering i know u are in a relationship now. Don't know anything about it ,and not my business. However i was wondering if i could add u to my mailing list. I would like to keep in touch with u. If and only if that's o.k. with u. You are just someone i've known for some time,and i;ve always enjoyed your company. If no i do understand. No strings attached however.

Please let me know if that's fine. I would seriously enjoy the conversation. Who knows might even be able to help u with something. Doubt it,but only God knows the answer to that. thanks again. I hope to hear from u on a positive note,and by the way i hope your mother is doing fine. Please give her my best.

thank u

Larry

P.s. i've matured mentally since we have talked last. had no choice in the matter.

It seems like such a turn off to me that he seems so eager just to be allowed to email me...lol. He doesn't sound like he has matured much to me! I told him we could email but he should not get touchy if I don't always answer right away because I'm busy. He wrote back and thanked me. It's just weird. I guess he tries too hard. Tries too hard to impress me. Like a chameleon.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:49 PM

The groomsmen at my friend's wedding were yummy. Especially the one I kissed on New Year's. He lives in DC, but still got my number to call me. I'm thinking of starting a pool to see if he actually calls.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Note to boy:

PLEASE hurry and get over your ex-girlfriend so that we can be together.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
Quote:
Originally posted by AGDee
It seems like such a turn off to me that he seems so eager just to be allowed to email me...lol. He doesn't sound like he has matured much to me! I told him we could email but he should not get touchy if I don't always answer right away because I'm busy. He wrote back and thanked me. It's just weird. I guess he tries too hard. Tries too hard to impress me. Like a chameleon.
If all his e-mails are typed that way, I don't think I'd be able to read too many of them. It would drive me crazy, plus it would take forever since I would have to figure out what all the abbreviations stand for.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Sometimes I hate living in a town this small. I know which bars are mine, and at this point I only go to the same three or four over and over again unless there's a reason to go somewhere else. The ex-boy mostly goes to the same bar over and over unless there's a reason to go somewhere else. Every time you break up with a boyfriend or a pseudo-boyfriend you have to divide up which bar is whose, and he's come to the conclusion that -- since I've given him some space over the past few weeks -- the Vintage is his. It definitely is not. I'm not giving up one of my favorite bars. I'm willing to share, but he is not intimidating me into avoiding one of my favorites.

So I don't have to work this Friday night, and that means my friends and I are having a reclaiming-the-Vintage party. Everyone I know, sexy clothes, vodka tonics, and cute shoes. We will take over.

And I will play Sinatra's "My Way" on the jukebox just to spite him.
Yes, I'm bitter.

He should be thankful I'm not spiteful enough to call the ex he's trying to get back together with and tell her that he's still calling me.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

You need to call me already.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Who wants to ring in the new year watching their crush makeout with their on and off girlfriend?

Not me. But I did. Standing a foot away from them. Wow. Oh well.

KLTC
Old 01-05-2006, 03:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I have this friend who wonders why she never has a boyfriend. She seems to think it's because she's "heavy," everyone else knows that the real reason no guys want to go out with her is because if any guy gives her any kind of attention at all she gets all stalker-ish. That's why guys are afraid of her. No one wants a stalker.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by uksparkle
I have this friend who wonders why she never has a boyfriend. She seems to think it's because she's "heavy," everyone else knows that the real reason no guys want to go out with her is because if any guy gives her any kind of attention at all she gets all stalker-ish. That's why guys are afraid of her. No one wants a stalker.

well. the latter is somewhat right. but really, her initial reasoning is the most correct

ETA: she is stalkerish because she is heavy...desperate for attention

But dammit, fat women need lovin too so send her my way.

Last edited by BobbyTheDon; 01-05-2006 at 03:22 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PM_Mama00
Who wants to ring in the new year watching their crush makeout with their on and off girlfriend?

Not me. But I did. Standing a foot away from them. Wow. Oh well.
that sucks. but did your crush know you have a crush on him? also, why don't you just cut your competition dump her in a shark tank
Old 01-05-2006, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BobbyTheDon
that sucks. but did your crush know you have a crush on him? also, why don't you just cut your competition dump her in a shark tank
If the guy DID know, and still did that.... I saw he's an ass and not worth having a crush on. Cut him out of your life completely, cause he obviously has no respect for your feelings.... That is all IF HE DID KNOW.

If he didn't know.... Well he's probably a dumbass guy who can't see what's right in front of him.... so try harder.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I met Mr Alum in hs. We went to different colleges but dated all the way through and got married 3 weeks after graduation. 2 of my GLO sisters from the year ahead of me did the same thing. All 3 of us had hs sweethearts that went to different colleges and got married shortly after graduation. Yes, we are all still married.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindz928
If the guy DID know, and still did that.... I saw he's an ass and not worth having a crush on. Cut him out of your life completely, cause he obviously has no respect for your feelings.... That is all IF HE DID KNOW.

If he didn't know.... Well he's probably a dumbass guy who can't see what's right in front of him.... so try harder.
Nah he doesn't know. He's a fellow Greek and we have mutual friends and hang out at the same bar and I basically prolly don't have a chance in hell with him so I'm keeping it between me and my friends. Altho everyone is telling me that even tho I'm a bigger girl, I'm a lot cuter than her and to just make a move. Riiiight. I do have to admit.... she's loud, seems bossy, and her face ain't all that.

KLTC
Old 01-06-2006, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Is it bad I dont want to go on my date tomorrow??

Why do all the boys you dont want to call you end up being the ones that never go away???