GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,325
3 members and 2,322 guests
gatordeltapgh, PrettyBoy, zluspitt7200

Old 01-03-2004, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Younger/Older

Well, I was out at the bars with some of my buddies this weekend and as a joke (we were a few deep to say the least ) we started hitting on a group of women probably in their 30s (Sidenote: one of my buddies actually went home with one of them but thats another story...)

Anyways it got me thinking, how many of you older women would hook up or date significantly younger guys? Or for that matter are attracted to younger guys?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-03-2004, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm 38 and won't go out with someone who's under 42.. men in their 40's and older really know how to treat women!

Dee
Old 01-03-2004, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
Re: Younger/Older

Quote:
Originally posted by Colonist
we started hitting on a group of women probably in their 30s ...... got me thinking, how many of you older women
Damn, this makes me feel old!!! I will be turning 30 in a few months--- and according to you I am an older woman!!!!!

-wendi
Old 01-03-2004, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I said older as in older than myself, not old besides 30 isn't old. As a side note, in Maxim a couple months ago there was an article that said men reach their sexual peak between 18-20 whereas women hit their peak at 30, so look at it that way

Anyways back on topic...

Edit: oh and you never answered the question...
Old 01-03-2004, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
Quote:
I said older as in older than myself, not old besides 30 isn't old. As a side note, in Maxim a couple months ago there was an article that said men reach their sexual peak between 18-20 whereas women hit their peak at 30, so look at it that way

Anyways back on topic...

Edit: oh and you never answered the question...
Thank you for explaining.

I would hook up with with someone in their early twenties. I don't think I would have a serious relationship with someone that much younger than me. But hook up I could handle (as we would both be at the height of our sexual peaks!!)

-wendi
Old 01-03-2004, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

What do you consider significantly younger?

I date guys who are 30 (I'm 34) and would probably go to 27, it all depends on the guy. Someone's age does not determine their maturity level.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
What do you consider significantly younger?

I date guys who are 30 (I'm 34) and would probably go to 27, it all depends on the guy. Someone's age does not determine their maturity level.
Significantly I would say would be like 20 and 30
Old 01-04-2004, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
I'm 30 and I say yes, definitely.

My general rule has been seven years in either direction, though I would make exceptions.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I'll go as young as 21 if they're really something special. (I'm 26.)
I'll go up 10 years.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MTSUGURL
I'll go as young as 21 if they're really something special. (
I never really thought about this until last summer my brother was dating someone who was 20. He is 29. She had her fake ID taken up at one of the bars we went to on vacation. I realized then I hadn't had to worry about someone not getting into a bar in a long time. And I like it. So I would never date anyone not old enough to walk into a bar with me legally. And I really can't see having a serious relationship with anyone under 25 or 26. Being 31 years old, and a single mom, I don't think anyone under that age could really relate to my realities.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Younger/Older

Quote:
Well, I was out at the bars with some of my buddies this weekend and as a joke (we were a few deep to say the least ) we started hitting on a group of women probably in their 30s (Sidenote: one of my buddies actually went home with one of them but thats another story...)
No offense, but me and some of my other thirtysomething friends would beat your asses if you even thought about hitting on us as a joke. I think y'all need to get a life. I know you offered more of an explanation, but that just really hit me the wrong way.

My (seven years younger) fiance is lucky he can keep up with me most of the time...
Old 01-04-2004, 03:34 AM
GreekChat Member

At this point in my life, I don't think dating a MUCH younger man would be an option because as a mid-twentysomething, I wouldn't want to date someone who couldn't go to the bars yet!

A year or two younger, I would consider.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

After thinking about this more, I think it has more to do with your life stage than your age. There are men younger than me who have kids already, etc and there are men younger than me who are looking for the first wife to start a family with. My dad was 53 and his wife was 41 when they got married. That sounds like a big difference but she was already a grandma and he was about to become a grandpa. They both had adult children, etc. Same life stage. Those life stages become more diverse as you get older, I think.

Dee
Old 01-04-2004, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sororitygirl2
At this point in my life, I don't think dating a MUCH younger man would be an option because as a mid-twentysomething, I wouldn't want to date someone who couldn't go to the bars yet!

A year or two younger, I would consider.
Say you were in Europe or Quebec for a year where one can drink at 18. Would your situation change?
Old 01-04-2004, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Being a single parent definitely changes requirements (or should)... Most 21 year old guys I know wouldn't be able to handle this situation. (I said most, guys, not all.) With me still being in college, and being an active member in a GLO, I can relate to some guys younger than me. The hard part is that I do have the grown up real world thing too since I also work full time and have responsiblities that the majority of the guys I've dated didn't have. I'm in an inbetween stage where it's strange to date guys who have graduated, have real jobs, etc, and it's often exasperating to date guys in college.