GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,388
1 members and 2,387 guests
Xidelt

Old 08-03-2000, 09:46 PM
CutiePatootie

Post I need some advice

Hi! This has nothing to do with sororities or anything but one of my best friends broke up with her boyfriend of 2 months and now, 2 weeks later she has another boyfriend. I don't mean to disrespect her or anything, but she is not that pretty at all. I feel really bad saying that but it is the truth.I have NEVER had a boyfriend and I feel really awfull seeing as how my friend has had 4! My mom always tells me that "my time will come" but I don't see that happening any time soon. I'm not confident enough to ask a guy out on my own let alone strike up a conversaation with him. I'm really shy when it comes to guys. Can any girl who has had boyfriends give me any tips on how to get a boyfriend? Any advice will help.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-03-2000, 10:13 PM
Christin

Smile

you might want to consider yourself lucky if you haven't had a bf yet(they can be a hand full-j/k) ok, but i think you are missing the point on one aspect of dating when you were talking about how your friend isn't drop-dead gorgeous. there is more to a relationship than looks alone. all the guys i have ever known have said that they would not be able to stay in a relationship(even if it was the prettiest girl ever)if it wasn't for her personality. and, we all have different tastes, so maybe the guys your friend has gone out with think she is very pretty. and, as for finding a boyfriend...just smile at the next cute guy you see until you can get the courage to go up and talk to him. guys are just people too, and i don't know what guy would be weirded out if a girl approached them. it will get easier w/ time, and your mom is right when she said your time will come. but don't forget something really important...sometimes it's great to be single!!!
Old 08-03-2000, 10:18 PM
Hermana

Smile

My advice to you is simple...GET INVOLVED with activities, organizations, or hobbies that YOU enjoy. You are bound to meet lots of people and make new friends. Focus on your interests and developing your strengths. Don't measure yourself against your friend because everyone is unique in his/her own way. Trust me, when you least expect it, the right guy will come your way.

Old 08-04-2000, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

CutiePatootie, regarding your friend not being pretty at all...some times (and I know this may be hard to believe) how a person is inside i.e. their personality, how they treat others is what attracts them to the opposite sex. But, I understand where you're coming from. I used to see the...how can I be politically correct?... not so prettiest girls with the most gorgeous guys and wonder how in the world did that happen. Now, I understand it goes deeper than looks.