GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 995
1 members and 994 guests
No Members online

Old 07-07-2005, 06:18 PM

Tri Sigma Wedding Ideas

I thought I'd start a thread about ways to incorporate Sigma into a wedding! Ideas anyone?

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Going to the Chapel....

Thats an awesome topic idea. I know that we have atleast 3 sisters who are engaged & it would be cool to have some ideas that could incorporate Sigma into the special day.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PinkSigma3
PURPLE DRESSES!!

haha...maybe if that was done TASTEFULLY.
Sailboat center pieces?
Violets in the bouquets
Old 07-08-2005, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
my college roomate wasn't greek, but after living with me for 4 years she said all she thought about when planning her wedding was sigma stuff! (I know, she soooo should be a Sigma, but she refuses to alum initate).

Her bf's frat color was dark blue, so her wedding colors were Navy Blue and Plum. (her plum was a deep purple)

She used violets in our bouquets too.

I also had a sister who used purple and violets in her centerpeices. She didn't go over the top Sigma, but she included little things to clue her sisters in to what she was thinking.

I always thought adding something small would be nice, like a purple garter or some other small thing you would know about, but wouldn't make people who wern't Sigma, but involved in the wedding feel left out. I have been to weddings where ther brothers/ sisters all sang or such and it only seemed to make non-greeks feel weird.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:05 PM

One of our alumnae included violets in her centerpieces and had all sisters in attendance sing "In The Light".

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xplpx16
ok...

This is super super fun for me, since I will be a professional wedding planner in just a couple months! For my wedding, I was thinking of violets for the flowers. Dark colors are more suited for winter weddings and I want a summer wedding, so I was thinking baby pink or lavender for the bridesmaid dresses, the deep purple in the violets, with some white flowers, not sure what kind. For party favors I could make sailboats to put mints in and tie some ribbon around it or I would have sailboats stitched into linen napkins with mine and my husbands name in them. I may go for a non-traditional dress and give it a purple kinda tint. My boyfriend would so kill me if he even knew I had some of this planned lol... I don't think he is even thinking about marriage, but maybe he'll have me suprised, it HAS been a long time...
Old 07-17-2005, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to uwosigma3
ideas

One of our alum just got married a month ago and she wore her badge on her dress. She also had a table where all the Sigma sisters sat and it was decorated with purple violets for the center piece..different from the rest of the tables.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I did a few different things at my wedding:

1) Since violets are SO hard to put into bouquets, my mom made special corsages for all sisters that were in attendance to wear. It was a 'fake' violet (3 of them, actually) with real baby's breath around it.

2) I wore my badge on the inside of my dress near my heart.

3) They formed a circle around me and joined hands singing, "Circle of Light" (not sure if that's the right title). The words are, "Today as we stand in our circle of light, we sing to our sister whose light has turned bright. Because of a love, she calls all her own, because of a love known to her alone. Oh Tri Sigma Sweetheart best wishes to you, and we know in our hearts that your dreams will come true. Today is your moment and now is your hour. Best wishes be always with you."

5) I also mentioned my sisters in our program, stating that without them, I would not be the person I am today or where I am today.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 08-14-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:39 PM

Just a note- Ladies, PLEASE read the welcome message above. I'm sorry, but any post/thread that discusses ritual or anything related to our ritual will either be deleted or edited to remove the ritual reference.

If you have questions about what constitutes ritual information, send me a Private Message and I'll be happy to tell you.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 08-14-2005 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been to two different Sigma weddings, each incorporated sisterhood differently. The first was my big sister's wedding, three Sigmas (including me) were bridesmaids. At the reception we sat the bride down in the middle and with the other Sigmas in attendance, sang In the Light (I think). Very special, very simple. For the second one, there were a lot more Sigmas in attendance and we all had corsages. Again, during the reception, we sat the bride down and sang to her.

Sigma Love and Mine,
Laura
Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Family Tradition

Hi Ladies!

Being that one of the many benefits of joining a colony (now chapter ) is the opportunity to create all new family traditions. I heard from an alumnae that her chapter would give a decorated candle to each member of their family in their big/little basket and that candle would be used in their wedding. I thought it would be a great idea to incorporate into my family and give them to my littles when they finally become big's themselves. Opinions? Would you use it in your wedding? Do any of you have this tradition (and if so please post photos if possible!)? Is there anything you think I should absolutely remember to include?

Thanks!
Sigma Love & Mine, Always
I will be my whole life long"
Old 09-13-2012, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere View Post
I did a few different things at my wedding:

3) They formed a circle around me and joined hands singing, "Circle of Light" (not sure if that's the right title). The words are, "Today as we stand in our circle of light, we sing to our sister whose light has turned bright. Because of a love, she calls all her own, because of a love known to her alone. Oh Tri Sigma Sweetheart best wishes to you, and we know in our hearts that your dreams will come true. Today is your moment and now is your hour. Best wishes be always with you."
Mere, I know it's been a while and I don't even know if you will see this, but would you happen to remember the tune to this song? The girls at my chapter and I are going crazy trying to figure it out for about 5 upcoming alum weddings.