GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,353
1 members and 2,352 guests
No Members online

Old 08-08-2013, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I really need to check the weather before I get dressed for work. It is WAY too hot for my button down and pants.

for hope, for strength, for life
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-08-2013, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Watching Forrest Gump and the advice Lt. Dan gives Forrest is accurate for NPC sorority formal recruitment;
"One, take care of your feet. Two, don't do anything stupid."

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 08-08-2013, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
Watching Forrest Gump and the advice Lt. Dan gives Forrest is accurate for NPC sorority formal recruitment;
"One, take care of your feet. Two, don't do anything stupid."

LOL!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
I had a dream last night that I was in high school, but dating one of my current coworkers. It's weird because that co-worker is TOTALLY not my type (besides being 4 years younger than me). Also, later in the dream I remembered that I am married. So weird.
I take a medication and one of the side effects is weird dreams. I can't even tell you the dream I had last night. It's too odd to even type out.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I looked at what I did in sales for the month of July on each of my vending machines and compared to June (which was a good month), my sales for last month were much higher than I projected. But, we did have two really hot weeks in July.

Me happy girl....
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Happy Birthday to Whitney Houston!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshsx1 View Post
Happy Birthday to Whitney Houston!

Remembering Whitney Houston on her 50th birthday

This is worthy of its own thread.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so NOT looking forward to the Round Rock Express baseball game tonight since it's going to be 100 plus degress. I should be used to this hot weather but I am tired of 7 plus days over 100. Auggggg....
Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Fridays are so slow around TEH GC.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I would lock myself out of the house when it's 12 degrees and I don't have shoes or a hoodie on.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
Nope. I went to college with most of them so they're 27-31.

Plots are so much more comedic when you know all the characters. *continues reading*
Neos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
I had a dream last night that I was in high school, but dating one of my current coworkers. It's weird because that co-worker is TOTALLY not my type (besides being 4 years younger than me). Also, later in the dream I remembered that I am married. So weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
I take a medication and one of the side effects is weird dreams. I can't even tell you the dream I had last night. It's too odd to even type out.
Have you ever read any dream interpreter books? I don't know how accurate they are, but I have one where you can look up the details of the dream, and it will be in the book. From there, it will tell you why. It's sort of interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I looked at what I did in sales for the month of July on each of my vending machines and compared to June (which was a good month), my sales for last month were much higher than I projected. But, we did have two really hot weeks in July.

Me happy girl....
I need to look into buying one of those things. I can't see making a lot of money on just one, but to have a lot of them? Is it worth the hassle? Are they expensive to buy?
Old 08-09-2013, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I need to look into buying one of those things. I can't see making a lot of money on just one, but to have a lot of them? Is it worth the hassle? Are they expensive to buy?
It's a great investment to have. Just like any other business, the great majority of being successful with having them is based on location. But with vending machines, a lot of it is who you know, too. I mean, I wouldn't do business with anyone I didn't trust. To purchase one, the price all depends on what kind of machine you want, and what you want to sell. Combo? Cold beverages only? Used? New? Do you want to go through a distributor? That's what you have to decide. It's a lot of work, but I wouldn't call it a "hassle".

I started off with just one to help me get though school. I liked it and decided to purchase another one. I ended up with five total, and I lived off of those until graduation. Then, after graduation I sold those, because it was too much trouble to move them. So, I started over and bought new ones. I have 27 of them now.

Let's say you have like... and we'll use a round number. Like 20 machines, and all of them are in great locations (maybe a couple of them in slower locations). And let's say you sell water and pop for $1.00 each. And let's say on average each machine makes roughly about $20.00/day. Well, using just one machine as an example, that's roughly $140.00/week. $140.00 x 52 weeks/12 months, and you'll make just on that machine alone about $600.00/month. Now multiply that number times the 20 machines that you have. That's over $12,000/month. That's sales though, not profit. I think that's worth the work.

What I feel like saying now: I got my butt handed to me today. I finally get a chance to eat. It was that bad today. Great pet production, though.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Banned

Random thoughts:

1. Hmmmm...and you wonder why people like myself have issues with organized religion. I don't care about your opinion and your interpretation of religious doctrine that translates to you being correct and Godly and everyone else being incorrect and unGodly. Humans do not determine my Christianity.

2. That little kid better get away from my mailbox.

In an elderly voice "These little kids better get out of my cul de sac."

*throwing my cane* (I almost spelled that with a "k". Scary.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Neos?
LOL. Have you never seen older BGLO members talk about dumb stuff? I have seen old school members talk about things that made me think they were neos.

Last edited by DrPhil; 08-09-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post

*throwing my cane* (I almost spelled that with a "k". Scary.)
As long as you don't start talking about eating your kereal.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
As long as you don't start talking about eating your kereal.
Khill. Peake.