GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,402
3 members and 1,399 guests
aangelasuasd942, janesstexxda745

Old 02-23-2014, 07:57 PM
dz.lys.91

Girlfriend support

Hey All Kappa Sigs,

Just wanted to say as the girlfriend of a current Kappa Sigma Brother, You have my support!

Last edited by dz.lys.91; 02-24-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-23-2014, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz.lys.91 View Post
Hey all Kappa Sigs,

My fiancee is a kappa sigma and a TON of my best guy friends are kappa sigs too. I am trying to think of a t shirt slogan I can wear to their events. I currently have a sweatshirt that says "Property of Kappa Sigma" with my fiancee's last name on the back.
I have already consulted with our chapter president and he has confirmed with me that I can wear Kappa Sig letters but I want something witty and cute to wear in support of you guys

Pardon the lane swerve, but, I'm confused about what you said. You write, "I have already consulted with our chapter president and he has confirmed with me that I can wear Kappa Sig letters..." Are you are a member of the Kappa Sigma chapter?

True and Constant
Old 02-23-2014, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hey there I wanted to clarify, my fiancee is brother of kappa sigma. I am good friends with the president of our chapter and we have already discussed the possibility of getting "dropped" by my fiancee and he saw no problem with me wearing something that had the words kappa sigma on the shirt.

As I said, I already have a sweatshirt with the phrase "Property of Kappa Sigma" on the front and my fiancee's last name on the back.

All I'm asking for is some cool slogans or phrases that incorporate the girlfriend status or the support for the fraternity itself.

Oh ok...thanks for the clarification. You said "our chapter" and it sounded like you're trying to lay claim to membership when really you are the fiancee of a member.

Quote:
All I'm asking for is some cool slogans or phrases that incorporate the girlfriend status or the support for the fraternity itself.
I don't understand what "girlfriend status" means. I thought you had a fiance and that he is a member of that chapter. You're not the chapter's girlfriend, right? You're one man's future wife - you are not the property of a group of men.

I get that you feel being the fiancee of a member is prestigious and that you miss being a member of your own sorority; but, behaving like a clingy fiancee is awkward. Having the one sweatshirt and maybe getting his lavalier is good enough. Don't worry about getting extra shirts.

True and Constant
Old 02-23-2014, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

You don't have a fiancee -- that would be a woman. You have a fiance (male). The misspelling probably led to some confusion in this thread.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

A popular tradition on the campus where I advise is to pin letter buttons for other chapters on your backpack. That's a way to show support/offer positive PR without going overboard.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Basically, I wanted to know some cute phrases for some t-shirts related to girlfriends or significant others of Kappa Sigma brothers.

To me, navane, there are assumptions being made about my life instead of answers to questions being asked.
Well assumptions are probably being made based on your prior posts and how upset you were to leave your other sisterhood due to personal reasons. And your expressed desire to return to that sisterhood.

Now you're jumping into an entirely different topic regarding your boyfriend/fiance or whatever this man is to you in your life.

I'm not sure why you're so defensive when you asked for advice in other posts and then get all angry when you don't get the answer you were hoping for. I would encourage you to do some re-evaluation of your priorities, because based words you have posted one could infer that you're still unsure.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I am shocked at how unsupportive this website has been for me. I am not at all upset at the advice being given to me and I was never ignoring it. In fact, I loved the one user's idea about the patch on the backpacks and bags. What a wonderful Idea!

The fact of the matter is, the people in this forum are online and the people I am talking to on my campus are close friends. I was not looking for someone to completely evaluate my life but rather just give me a general idea for a t-shirt for myself and other girlfriends of brothers who have expressed interest in supporting their partners.

As for my other thread, the two are COMPLETELY unrelated for a reason. This one is for supporting my fiance's fraternity. The other was a question about reinstatement and a SIMPLE update on the decision I made after consulting with the President and several other members of the organization. Again...online strangers vs. good friends. I appreciated all of the advice being given but whether I take it is up to me and I simply chose to keep everyone updated.
Have several Kappa Sig friends, and I'm not familiar with any phrases or slogans that indicate support. Maybe it's unique to your campus? I think that the wearing of t-shirts to support a particular fraternity's rush is frowned upon/discouraged, and I *think* - oh, nevermind. That's different than what you are seeking.

Taking the high road on everything else.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 02-24-2014, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

How about something like this.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
How about something like this.

SO MUCH BETTER than a shirt that says "Property of Kappa Sigma". I am just assuming that the meaning of that is that the SHIRT is the property of the fraternity, not the wearer.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:00 PM
dz.lys.91

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
SO MUCH BETTER than a shirt that says "Property of Kappa Sigma". I am just assuming that the meaning of that is that the SHIRT is the property of the fraternity, not the wearer.
ThetaLady. I am not sure where you get off speaking as such. However, three of the Kappa Sigma girlfriends bought those sweatshirts last year and I should clarify that our significant others' Last Names were on the BACK of the sweaters. It was meant as a joke beyond anything.
I like the I <3 Kappa Sigma shirts and I will definitely keep those in mind.
Any additional witty phrases or comments people have seen or made for Kappa sigma support would be awesome!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
ThetaLady. I am not sure where you get off speaking as such. However, three of the Kappa Sigma girlfriends bought those sweatshirts last year and I should clarify that our significant others' Last Names were on the BACK of the sweaters. It was meant as a joke beyond anything.
What did I say that warranted this reply? I said that I ASSUMED that the "Property of Kappa Sigma" shirts did not mean that the wearer was property.

I said I like the "I <3 Kappa Sigma" better. I still do. What is wrong with that?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
I assumed she meant that she was property of Kappa Sigma. So you're obviously nicer than I am, thetalady.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 02-24-2014, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Via Google Images, I typed "Kappa Sigma women" and also found this shirt.

NEVER MIND. I just realized the shirt I posted a picture for is for Sigma Kappa.

However, for some reason, this popped up from that search.

Last edited by TSteven; 02-24-2014 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Can't read
Old 02-25-2014, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Finally this all makes sense. : )
Old 02-25-2014, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Forget the shirts.. Just pour them some kitteh!!!

@~/~~~~