GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,365
0 members and 1,365 guests
No Members online

Old 08-15-2000, 05:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Relationships????????????????????????

Hello all. I had a conversation last night and I wanted your opinions on the subject- Can you have a serious meaningful relationship without sex being involved? Men, I would really like to hear from you since the man whom I spoke to thinks that it can't be done. Would you marry someone if you have not had sex with them?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2000, 07:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Yes it can be done. I have not had sex on three years and with God all things are possible. I can say that the Lord has blessed me with men that were at the same level in their Christianity as I am or men that have not had sex before (yes there are still out there).

Sex brings so many emotions into a relationship and I think you will really get to know the soul of your partner if your relationship is not sexual. In a nonsexual relationship you will find that a kiss is not just a kiss and a hug means so much more. It is the most rewarding thing to marry someone that has waited for the very same thing that you have for years to come.

I'm not saying it is easy but the Lord told me that if any man cannot accept what I want for you, then he is not of me and should not be with you.

Stand firm in your beliefs and your relationship with Christ and you and your mate will grow stronger. A relationship that prays together, stays together. It is hard not to have sex but, it's easier if you have Christ.

Stay Blessed in the Lord

Pinkice

Quote:
Originally posted by Me By Nature:
Hello all. I had a conversation last night and I wanted your opinions on the subject- Can you have a serious meaningful relationship without sex being involved? Men, I would really like to hear from you since the man whom I spoke to thinks that it can't be done. Would you marry someone if you have not had sex with them?
Old 08-15-2000, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I think it's possible, but extremely hard. You would definitely have to have the Lord on your side for this one. It really helps when both the man and woman are, like Pinkice9 stated, on the same level in their Christianity. It rarely works when one person is saved/spiritual/religious and the other person is not. Then again, if that's the case I don't see how the relationship is going to work anyway.
Old 08-15-2000, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

All right PinkIce9, that's what I'm talking about, anything not like the lord...... whew, you're going to get me started! lol

I don't know if it will be meaningful to the party who WANTS to have sex, but I have had a serious relationship and not had sex. As a matter of fact I'm a VIRGIN to be honest, I practice celibacy (In the words of trin-i-tee 5:7, my body is the lords temple)I feel that I am too young and ignorant on the subject of sex to engage in anything of the such. We should educate ourselves before engaging in such. I think that sex is something that should be shared with the person you plan on marrying! (I hope I don't sound too much like a grandma, lol)

Most guys who engage in sex don't think of the emotions and feelings involved. To them it's nothing more than insertion!

A relationship without sex can exist, BUT, you have to find someone who feels the same way you do and have the same beliefs as you.
And if God isn't in his and your life then you are probably not going to have a meaningful and serious relationship! Christ need to be in the relationship. Pray for your mate, and pray both your strengths in the lord.

Old 08-15-2000, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

See Romans 12 on this one. "I beseech you therefor, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacriface, holy, acceptable unto God which is your reasonable service.

You see, God is the ultimate authority on this issue. There is nothing that MAN nor (WO)man can tell you. If you are trying to live a blessed life, be obedient unto God's word, for your reward is great, should you follow him. God offers you a hundred fold blessing if you decide to walk in His will and in his authority (Mark 10:29, 30). If you are looking for a God fearing, sure-nuff good man, a man who is able to provide you with a 100% of the blessings of God, then you must live in God's will for your life.

God bless you. In your relationships, as you diligently SEEK ye first the kingdom of Heaven, all other things shall be added unto you. Delight yourself FIRST unto the Lord, then you as you seek Him first...you will have intimacy...with God..which is essential before (and during) a lasting intimacy with earthly man!

Praise God.

I hope that helps.

For who can find a virtuous woman?

[This message has been edited by nikki25 (edited August 15, 2000).]
Old 08-15-2000, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The Original Ape
Quote:
Originally posted by Me By Nature:
I don't believe it's possible today. I think we all measure SOMETHING in a potential mate: looks, physique, personality, etc., and we continue measuring until it's time to measure the physical-and that measurement should be undertaken with the same openess, honesty, and enthusiasm as everything else. Why try to stop when we get to "the FUN PART"?

On marriage: What happens if you get married as a virgin. You don't know what you're doing, so you read or get tapes on it. You realize you're not pleasing your husband. One day he's with the fellas and hears one of them say: "Man, my wife is the shit! She did this and that to me last nite and I went crazy! He knows you object to that; and would never try it, yet he wants it BAD. Then he meets a girl that says she's an expert at it. You know he's going to be tempted to try her. Now honestly; what do you think he'll do?

It's one thing to be bad at it because you don't know; and another to be bad at it because you WONT TRY! You can loose your mate that way.

Today, most everybody expects it. Reality will tell you to find somebody that makes you feel your absolute best, solve problems with you, and has a genuine concern for you, then lock 'em up! There is no perfect person; so try and find "the lesser of all evils".
Old 08-17-2000, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

L O L - - - I have to get bact with you on this!!!!