GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,543
2 members and 1,541 guests
naraht

Old 02-11-2016, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a low cost fashion blog--Greek related here

I try to give Greek life a nod. I do this merely as a hobby. Have done blue and gold themes and just did pink and red rose (I almost joined AOPi) entries. I would love to highlight all NPC and NPHC sororities. Can you list your colors, flowers or symbols? Would love to do a Greek themed week or month. I do have an elementary aged daughter so posting can be a little irregular.
http://dressme4less.blogspot.com/ I'm all about bolstering the Greek system as a whole. I'll also create a tag for your sorority.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I did an NPC theme on my FB page some years back. Highlighted each of the 26 NPC organizations. Badge photos, open motto, symbols, philanthropy, etc. You can find everything on each member organization's website, jolene. It takes no time at all to search & was fun to do.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 02-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
I did an NPC theme on my FB page some years back. Highlighted each of the 26 NPC organizations. Badge photos, open motto, symbols, philanthropy, etc. You can find everything on each member organization's website, jolene. It takes no time at all to search & was fun to do.
I remember when you did that! It was amazing!

Alpha Delta Pi is azure (pastel aqua) & white, diamonds, lions, and
violets.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Sure, I'd love to see it! Alpha Gamma Delta- Red, Buff, and Green; Pearls; Red and Buff roses!
Old 02-19-2016, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I've started the series and I'm doing it alphabetically. First up is Alpha Chi Omega!
http://dressme4less.blogspot.com/201...chi-omega.html
ADPi's will go up Monday at 12 am. Working on AEPhi's right now (finding some very cute giraffe stuff). I'm doing my best to get colors, flowers, mascots, etc as close as I can.

Edited to add that if you have pink as one of your colors, you bet yer hiney I'm throwing in a pink sequined dress.

PS: After the NPC series, I'm doing an NPHC series. I've noticed that the NPHC orgs don't have an official gemstone. Is this true? I want to get things as correct as I can. I'm trying to dig with all the orgs as much as I can, but I'm puppy sitting an active Siberian Husky that loves to nip.

Last edited by jolene; 02-19-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene View Post
I've started the series and I'm doing it alphabetically. First up is Alpha Chi Omega!
http://dressme4less.blogspot.com/201...chi-omega.html
ADPi's will go up Monday at 12 am. Working on AEPhi's right now (finding some very cute giraffe stuff). I'm doing my best to get colors, flowers, mascots, etc as close as I can.

Edited to add that if you have pink as one of your colors, you bet yer hiney I'm throwing in a pink sequined dress.

PS: After the NPC series, I'm doing an NPHC series. I've noticed that the NPHC orgs don't have an official gemstone. Is this true? I want to get things as correct as I can. I'm trying to dig with all the orgs as much as I can, but I'm puppy sitting an active Siberian Husky that loves to nip.
As a husky owner, I would love to see a husky post (As unrelated as it might be...)
Old 02-24-2016, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Haha. The husky was adorbs. Walked her big brother this morning and got to see the puppy.

I'm up to Alpha Gam right now and tomorrow is AOPi. For AEPhi, I'm very proud of having found Lily of the Valley earrings.

http://dressme4less.blogspot.com/201...-delta-pi.html
http://dressme4less.blogspot.com/201...silon-phi.html
http://dressme4less.blogspot.com/201...mma-delta.html
Old 03-22-2016, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I'm finished with the NPC sororities (ZTA's will be posted Friday) and will be start with the four NPHC sororities Monday with AKA first. I've noticed that the four do not have an official gemstone. Is this correct? Just trying to be accurate the best I can. I'm sure I'll be able to find loads of cute frog, elephant, dove and poodle items. Have done AKA and Delta Sigma Theta. Currently working on Sigma Gamma Rho.

Last edited by jolene; 03-22-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Now the four NPHC sororities will be featured this week starting with AKA (tomorrow is Delta Sigma Theta):
http://dressme4less.blogspot.com/201...ppa-alpha.html