GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,509
0 members and 2,509 guests
No Members online

Old 07-31-2012, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

A Coffee Fueled Recruitment

I will be freshman at Washington State University in the fall! I am super excited for recruitment! I have actually been reading this website for a long time (way before I ever made an account) so I feel pretty mentally prepared. I know it will be stressful and that I can't have my sights set on certain chapters going into it. I feel like expecting it to be draining will help me deal with the stress because it won't take me by surprise and then I can focus on being my friendly self and getting to know a variety of people!

Anyways there are 13 panhellenic sororities at WSU!
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Omicron Pi
Alpha Phi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Sigma Kappa

I love coffee so I decided that my code will be different blends and roasts of Starbucks coffee!
willow I have had multiple family members in this chapter and I have multiple recs to this chapter
breakfast I have a rec for this chapter
columbia I have a rec for this chapter
espresso
pike place It seems like a lot of girls from my school join this one at both state universities, but I didn't know any of the girls personally.
kenya
yukon I have a rec for this chapter
veranda
verona
sumatra I have a rec for this chapter
holiday
tribute I am a legacy to this sorority
kona

The Schedule:
August 11th - Move In/Recruitment Orientation
August 12th - Educational Programs (Booze, Sex & Reality Checks, iValues, Phired Up!), Campus Tours, Week of Welcome events
August 13th - Same as the 12th
August 14th - Open House Day with the first 6 chapters
August 15th - Open House Day with the final 7 chapters
August 16th - Philanthropy with up to 10 chapters
August 17th - House tours with up to 6 chapters

August 18th - Pref Night with up to 3 chapters
August 19th - Bid Day!!!!!!!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-31-2012, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! I hate coffee, but I like recruitment stories -especially when they are about I school I actually know, so I'll pick Pike Place- not because of the coffee flavor but because there's a weird little curio shop at Pike Street Market that I love.

Last edited by AXOmom; 08-01-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I also hate coffee –gives me migraines– but I'm rooting for willow and kenya. Good luck!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I love coffee and will be rooting for Verona. I'm so excited for a PAC 12 recruitment story!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 07-31-2012, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
I love coffee and will be rooting for Verona. I'm so excited for a PAC 12 recruitment story!
I love coffee, too & especially Verona coffee - so go Verona. I also like Espresso. Good luck!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the support everyone! I am glad those of you who don't like coffee were able to find ones to root for still
Old 08-04-2012, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I know so many WSU alumnae who had wonderful experiences in their respective sororities. I love that this is a WA thread, I love Starbucks (even though I don't drink coffee)... I mean really you can't go wrong! Best of luck to you, I can't wait to follow along on your journey.

But I think for now at least I'm rooting for willow or tribute.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Today I got my nails done and then tomorrow I leave for pullman! So exciting! But also very wierd... it still feels like I am just leaving for vacation, not to actually live somewhere else.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug2012 View Post
Today I got my nails done and then tomorrow I leave for pullman! So exciting! But also very wierd... it still feels like I am just leaving for vacation, not to actually live somewhere else.

Good luck! I'm anxious to hear your story, but this makes me a little sad. One of those, "it just seems like yesterday" things when I can remember so clearly loading daughter's car AND mine up with all of her stuff and driving down to Pullman. The next day I drove home, sat down on my bed and cried for an hour....sigh.

At any rate, at least you'll have better weather. The day we moved her in it was 104. And she was on the top floor of Regents. And I had to do it by myself because she had a cheerleading meeting and practice to go to...it was LOTS of fun. .
Old 08-09-2012, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOmom View Post
Good luck! I'm anxious to hear your story, but this makes me a little sad. One of those, "it just seems like yesterday" things when I can remember so clearly loading daughter's car AND mine up with all of her stuff and driving down to Pullman. The next day I drove home, sat down on my bed and cried for an hour....sigh.

At any rate, at least you'll have better weather. The day we moved her in it was 104. And she was on the top floor of Regents. And I had to do it by myself because she had a cheerleading meeting and practice to go to...it was LOTS of fun. .
LOL.

That transition is tough.

I drove myself to school during freshman year. My mom and I said good-bye on the porch. I had to leave really quickly because we were both going to cry. I went to the gas station to fuel the car and put my head on the steering wheel and just bawled. A total stranger stopped to ask me if I was okay. When I got to school, I called her to tell her that I was there and I had to get off the phone really quickly because I was bawling again.

Freshman orientation started the next day and then I was having too much fun to cry anymore.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
At any rate, at least you'll have better weather. The day we moved her in it was 104. And she was on the top floor of Regents. .
104?! oh my... I know it gets hot over there but I prefer to stay out of the hundreds. Oh well I better start expecting it now!
Old 08-09-2012, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck, Sweetie. Can't wait to read your story!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Coug2012- That was an unusually hot August - it looks to be cooler this year. I think you'll have great weather for rush.

KDCat - What a sweet daughter you are! I wish mine had cried a little when I left her at school, but as I pulled out of the parking lot I looked in the rear view mirror and she was standing on the sidewalk happily talking on her cell phone to a friend and barely noticing I was leaving. LOL.

Last edited by AXOmom; 08-10-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Coug2012 hey I'm in Pullman right now and it's totally a bearable heat. It's like 88(: coming from California where it gets ridiculously hot this is nice weather (:
Old 08-10-2012, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Coug2012- I wish mine had cried a little.... barely noticing I was leaving. LOL.
I'll bet later she did notice!! And the tears came.