GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,441
2 members and 1,439 guests
naraht, Sen's Revenge

Old 10-28-2010, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

George Washington U and Kappa Kappa Gamma Investigating Allegations (Hazing, etc.)

George Washington U and Kappa Kappa Gamma are investigating “allegations of hazing and underage drinking,” the campus paper reports:

http://www.gwhatchet.com/home/index....a-59b1c20e9eb1

Excerpts from article:

10/28/10
Kappa Kappa Gamma is under investigation for allegations of hazing and underage drinking, both the University and the sorority's national chapter confirmed this week.

Several sources have come forward, alleging that underage alcohol consumption and hazing may have taken place "recently," Tara Pereira, the assistant dean of students and director of Student Judicial Services, said in a letter to the sorority.

"We are investigating these allegations, which we take very seriously," Pereira said.

Pereira said she does not have a timeline for the investigation.
"The more [cooperative] the people that we need to talk to are, the faster it will go," Pereira said. "We have to do it very deliberately and very thoughtfully so I'm not looking to rush it."

Pereira acknowledged that this is a difficult time for the chapter. . . .

Beth Black, Kappa Kappa Gamma's national vice president, said the national chapter is working with GW officials during the investigation.

"Kappa has a very strong stance against hazing. We are partnering with the University to find out more about these alleged incidents. Together we will continue to educate our members to ensure their safety and well-being here at George Washington," Black said.

Jenna Gabe, Kappa Kappa Gamma's president, declined to comment on the allegations and the investigation. . . .
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-28-2010, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh no.

GW is the chapter closest to my undergrad chapter and though I don't know much about them, they were always very sweet and helpful when it came to borrowing things for initiation or lending support. Some of our sisters stayed in their house (which is really cute) one summer, they share a lot of our advisers and I believe they assisted with our colonization in 1999.

I've heard that they're a fairly large, active and popular chapter... I really hope these allegations aren't true. If they are, I'm sure our Nationals will take the best course of action. They just put on a fantastic fraternity-wide campaign for National Hazing Prevention Week and I'm sure they're taking this very, very seriously.

What an unfortunate situation for all involved - especially all the new members they just bidded.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

does anyone have more information on the KKG chapter at George Washington University?
Old 05-30-2011, 04:17 AM
GreekChat Member

http://www.gwkkg.com/