GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,386
2 members and 1,384 guests
LaneSig, TLLK

Old 08-31-2018, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK305 View Post
She told me this morning she had a bad dream that she got the dreaded call from from her Rho Gamma telling her not to come to Bid Day and then when she tried to leave campus all of the exits were blocked and all of the other girls who got bids were laughing at her. I think her anxiety is beginning to get to her! I’ve been having strange dreams too so I will be happy once tomorrow comes either way.

I need copious amounts of wine!
Holy cow! What an awful dream! Glad it’s almost over.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

It was an insane dream. I asked if she took anything to help her sleep and she mentioned Benadryl because she had insomnia and was desperate. I’m sure the meds played a role in the crazy dream. It’s midnight where I am and where she is and so far no call - she texted me. She is exhausted and going to sleep. Hoping tomorrow is a great day! And hoping she doesn’t any more crazy dreams.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

No more bad dreams....

DD is now a new member of Sigma Kappa.

Thank god I found this website.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No more bad dreams....

Thank god I found this website.
Congratulations to your daughter, my new sister!
Old 09-01-2018, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post

Thank you. What would you suggest I send her as a congrats gift?
Old 09-01-2018, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thank you. What would you suggest I send her as a congrats gift?
Obviously, I don't know if there is a traditional gift on her campus, but I know that there are some cute items out there in one of our colors. It's hard to find things with lavender and maroon together that look good. Kendra Scott has some necklaces with either color as the "stone".

Alex and Ani have cute sorority bracelets right now. https://www.alexandani.com/sigma-kap...100445768.html

Lettered shirts are always a nice gift, Jenna Benna has a lot of cute patterns to choose from. I am sure she will love anything you send!
Old 09-01-2018, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Obviously, I don't know if there is a traditional gift on her campus, but I know that there are some cute items out there in one of our colors. It's hard to find things with lavender and maroon together that look good. Kendra Scott has some necklaces with either color as the "stone".

Alex and Ani have cute sorority bracelets right now. https://www.alexandani.com/sigma-kap...100445768.html

Lettered shirts are always a nice gift, Jenna Benna has a lot of cute patterns to choose from. I am sure she will love anything you send!

Thank you for the ideas. She is only 1.5 hours away and I am SO tempted to head up there for a congratulatory dinner but she may be doing SK stuff - but since its a holiday weekend I am not sure what is going to happen or what is planned. Haven't been able to talk with her since she texted me and told me where she got in this morning. Hoping and waiting to see some pictures. lol
Old 09-01-2018, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thank you for the ideas. She is only 1.5 hours away and I am SO tempted to head up there for a congratulatory dinner but she may be doing SK stuff - but since its a holiday weekend I am not sure what is going to happen or what is planned. Haven't been able to talk with her since she texted me and told me where she got in this morning. Hoping and waiting to see some pictures. lol
I would SO go up there! You might be surprised. For some, bid day is amazing and for others it is a little overwhelming--especially as they are still riding that emotional roller coaster of recruitment week. It might be nice to have a hug and perhaps a late night coffee shop date with mom. If not today, brunch tomorrow might be a great alternative.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to second the Alex and Ani bracelet. I gave my daughter the gold version last year and she loves it! Amazon has them.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No more bad dreams....

Yay! I love a Sigma Kappa ending!!

As for a gift, I would rule out live doves (and deceased ones), but she will love whatever you get her!!

Old 09-02-2018, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Sigma Kappa Strong

Quote:
My wonderful Mother in Law was a member and President of the chapter her senior year at the University of Florida in the mid fifties. Also a fabulous woman who worked with with me was a member of the same chapter.
Congratulations to your daughter!!!
Old 09-02-2018, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

She came home after the festivities yesterday in the late afternoon. We took her out for a congratulations dinner. She is so happy. After we got home from dinner she crashed in her bed and slept for 12 hours straight. She was so exhausted. This morning she woke up and was like "OK this is real. Oh and mom we need to find white dress for my pinning ceremony on Monday." Off to Macy's we went. Thank god for clearance racks - even in South Florida its hard to find white dresses this time of the year. All of the stuff is geared for fall even though its 90+ degrees here. We found two lovely dresses that she can choose which one to wear. Maybe one can be for the pinning and the other for initiation.

My sister was so happy. She was a Sigma Kappa (at another school) and is already making plans to attend her initiation. So glad the week is over. She slacked off on school work because she was so hyper focused on recruitment week but she promised me this week (aside from any meetings or events) she is re-focusing on her studies. Luckily we are only two weeks into classes.

Thanks for all the kind words.

PS. I already ordered the Alex and Ani bracelet online.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTmom2 View Post
I have to second the Alex and Ani bracelet. I gave my daughter the gold version last year and she loves it! Amazon has them.
And if you’re a Prime member, Amazon ships many items for FREE and can ship to your daughter’s campus address.

Last edited by ChioLu; 09-02-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

2 daughters and a son are done with rush. 2 more daughters are just about to start. The house is in full panic mode with all the worried calls we’re getting. DD3 (the youngest) had a huge problem with dirty rushing (I can write the story up if you all would like!) and a bad tho chi! Everything is alright though!
Old 09-04-2018, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
2 daughters and a son are done with rush. 2 more daughters are just about to start. The house is in full panic mode with all the worried calls we’re getting. DD3 (the youngest) had a huge problem with dirty rushing (I can write the story up if you all would like!) and a bad tho chi! Everything is alright though!
Oh definitely do tell!