GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,021
2 members and 1,019 guests
indygphib

Old 06-24-2001, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, maybe I'm just getting myself in a pile of s*it now (pardon the term), but lately GC doesn't seem to be a very friendly/inviting place at all.

The stuff with TKE/EX bites, but also, I feel that a certain individual (you all know who I am talking about) has received SO much criticism and perhaps hate from many regulars. I understand that her posts are not always great, and that some of her topics were extremely controversial, but c'mon, she's human (like we all are), and humans make mistakes. Almost every topic she's started recently has generated insults from every which way you look, even if the topic itself was fine. If you don't like her - why bother posting to her???????? It's just creating a very hostile environment. I feel for her, b/c if she tries to join in conversation, ppl just make nasty comments.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but sometimes I just don't understand why ppl must continue bullying others with insults, which undoubtedly must hurt a lot. (It reminds me of the bully vs. the poor, powerless kid in elementary school.)

*stepping off the soapbox now*

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited June 24, 2001).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-24-2001, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

And worriedsenior, I apologize on the postings of the cramps...
Old 06-24-2001, 07:20 PM

Talking

Carolyn, just about every time you post it makes me understand better and better how come everyone on GC seems to love you so much. You are just the sweetest young lady!

------------------
@~Tracy~@

By the light of the lamp, by the light of the lamp, by the bright shiny light, by the light of the lamp...if you are a DeeZee, you're the best that you can be, by the bright shiny light of the lamp!
Old 06-24-2001, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose:
Carolyn, just about every time you post it makes me understand better and better how come everyone on GC seems to love you so much. You are just the sweetest young lady!

Thanks Tracy ! You are so very sweet . Oh - also, the medicine that you recommended helped out SO much!! (It's just a scar, now!) Thanks again for the rec!

Probably some others won't like me so much after reading the post, though.
Old 06-24-2001, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Newbie--
GRRRRRR! why should you apologize for the posting in the cramps....because one person was offended by it. BS!!! You didn't post it to offend anyone, you didn't post it to attack anyone. You were looking for information, and you posted it in the right forum (now maybe if you had posted it in Greek Life or Rush )I actually also suffer from the affliction and was very informed by it, therefore if anyone has a problem with someone asking a question and looking for information in a polite civilized way on an issue that they are generally curious about so be it, don't worry what other people say. And don't make apologies for yourself--you're amazing and will be asset to any chapter you join (as long as they can get you away from GC )
Old 06-24-2001, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I usually don't respond to threads like this, but, I'll "jump on the bandwagon" and say something. Now, what I have to say might make people mad, but oh well!

Anyway, I just think this board is like life. Granted, a LOT of the things said on this board to people would probably not be said face-to-face. We've seen the wackos come here and post stuff to get ppl going. But we've also seen some ppl who've been around for a while say some stuff that may or may not be said if they were not on a message board.
Frankly, I say just stay away from it if you don't agree with it. I really don't agree when ppl, be they new or old, say "well ppl shouldn't say this" or "ppl should not do that". The bottom line is that this is a message board and you should be allowed to say whatever the hell you want to. I think everyone should keep in mind that things are gonna be said that you or someone else may not agree with it. And unless you plan on meeting up w/ that person face-2-face, then don't get all fussy about it. I'm not saying that we (moderators and regular members a.k.a GC-aholics!) should just tolerate EVERYTHING (ie-any type of discrimination-racial slurs, bashing of gay/lesbians, etc, etc).....but I think some debates should just get the "whatever!" and ppl should move along.
I know I personally have seen some debates that I'd LOVE to jump in and tell that person off. Some I have, but many many I haven't. Mainly b/c some people probably wouldn't even TRY to understand the wisdom I have to share I think for the most part, I just try to practice being the bigger person and not get involved with some debates/flames that go on here. Most of the time, IMO, I don't even think it's worth it. Same goes for people I can't stand. Yes, there's some people on here that annoy me. BUT, if they say off the wall stuff or whatever, I just say "whatever!" and MOVE to the next interesting thread that I can contribute to.

Ok, I'm done. This was hard to explain, so this may or may not make sense. I apologize if it doesn't (I really did have a point in there somewhere! lol!) Alrighty, have a good day!

[This message has been edited by ZChi4Life (edited June 24, 2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 11:24 PM
Banned

Talking

It's not a bandwagon they're jumping on, it's a hoooooooooooooo trainnnnnnnnnnnn *turns on Soul Train's theme music*

Just joking! But, I noticed this bandwagon junk a long time ago, and it's not just towards me. It ain't cool either!

[This message has been edited by SH80 (edited June 24, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by SH80 (edited June 24, 2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 11:44 PM

As far as the TKE/Sig Chi stuff goes, I don't care if they bicker till the cows come home, but please on their own boards. I don't think we need it here there and everywhere, particularly in the first board users old and new usually go to.
Old 06-25-2001, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Jumping on the bandwagon

OK, I have my held my tongue regarding this for long enough........
There are a lot of people on this board and not everyone is always going to get along..Thats fine, I would be worried if everyone pretended to get along b/c that means that some people are lying and being fake, and what fun would that be if everyone agreed with everyone else. However is not acceptable to attack someone. I"m not pointing out any specific's but you know what I mean.
And in particular the new members, granted they have the right to post and be respected for their post, but who the hell do you think you are sometimes. You have been on this board for 3 days (or whatever ) and are attacking other members because you see other *regulars* doing it. Now I am not refering to anyone in particular, and I realize that we were all new at one time or anther, hell I remember when some of the most visible new members were new, and i know that when i was new there were some regulars who had already been here. BUt that doesn't give you the right to attack someone simply because you see more seasoned people doing it and you are trying to get in good, or whatever your motives maybe.
Sorry this post is so long but this is something I Have been holding in forever and its comin' out!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2001, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Actually, in a perfect world, no one would attack anyone. To suggest a "newbie" should bite their tongue or imply there is an attempt to get in good with somebody(???)doesn't address the fact that certain posts fly in the face of common decency. Honestly, I didn't care for the messages about cramps, but if it HELPED, then it was positive. I don't like vulgarity, spelled out of signed
(&#@*). Newbie doesn't like-- and we know how some feel about grammer. The point is, when a poster ignites a debate, very positive things can result if decorum is maintained. If activity is increased, that too is a positive. However, when a poster states things that are controversial, it will have a response fom people, be they new or "oldies". I have a friend who many people can't tolerate. He is always pushing buttons, manipulating reactions in people. I believe we have individuals here who like to get a reaction by putting things out there just to see what comes up. No one should be surprised, humiliated, or self congratulatory for any reaction they receive from a public BB.
Old 06-25-2001, 02:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by USFstudent:
Newbie--
GRRRRRR! why should you apologize for the posting in the cramps....because one person was offended by it. BS!!! You didn't post it to offend anyone, you didn't post it to attack anyone. You were looking for information, and you posted it in the right forum (now maybe if you had posted it in Greek Life or Rush )I actually also suffer from the affliction and was very informed by it, therefore if anyone has a problem with someone asking a question and looking for information in a polite civilized way on an issue that they are generally curious about so be it, don't worry what other people say. And don't make apologies for yourself--you're amazing and will be asset to any chapter you join (as long as they can get you away from GC )
Thank you USFStudent! Glad that the thread was also informational for you, too!!! (I, for one, learned a LOT, LOL.)
Old 06-25-2001, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I would never suggest a thread be stopped because I didn't care for it. Should I have said it wasn't my favorite? Would that be more PC? Sheesh, it was merely used as an EXAMPLE! I REALLY like the roommate story thread, but I'm sure some could find it offensive at times. Point is...What is the point?

Old 01-17-2016, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow! Ancient thread.
Thanks so much "Joshuamob"

Old 01-18-2016, 01:58 PM

I have no idea what the hell any of this was about.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

So - the weird bump from the spammer, to see that there's a cheap source for fluconazole since my dog has Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis). The medication took a huge price jump a while back.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity