GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,318
0 members and 1,318 guests
No Members online

Old 01-05-2007, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Wedding flowers, colors

I am wondering how ladies decide what flowers and colors to have. Do most people go with seasonal flowers and colors? Or, do people go with their favorite colors regardless of the season? My absolute favorite colors are bright pink, fuschia, and light- medium purple.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

If you go with all three of those, it will look like Hello Kitty threw up at your wedding.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

LoL! I definitely don't want to use all three. Should have clarified! I'm just saying that those are my three faves. I'd like to have ONE of them for my wedding. I'm looking at a fall or winter wedding, but I'm not sure if ANY of those colors would be in season!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichonl View Post
LoL! I definitely don't want to use all three. Should have clarified! I'm just saying that those are my three faves. I'd like to have ONE of them for my wedding. I'm looking at a fall or winter wedding, but I'm not sure if ANY of those colors would be in season!
If you use those colors, then you should wear this to your wedding.

Yes folks, this is a real wedding dress.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

I think bright pink looks really pretty for wedding flowers. My friend that got married this summer had bright pink roses as her flowers and the bouquets the bridesmaids carried looked stunning with their black dresses. I don't know where you would find them in the winter though and personally I think bright colors like that look better in summertime weddings, but that's just my opinion. I don't know about fuschia and purple though, I'd say stick with the pink. Good luck choosing your flowers!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

bichon--the first rule about your day is that its your wedding, so do whatever you want! If you like purple and pinks then use purple and pinks. I actually think those color flowers with the right color dress in the fall would look lovely. Maybe a navy colored bridesmaids dress?

I guess I was lucky--my favorite flower is daisies and I had an August wedding. I had daisies, yellow roses, purple irises in my bouquet....all my favorite flowers. If you tell them what colors you like, the right florist will know how to make it work.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunatartare View Post
If you go with all three of those, it will look like Hello Kitty threw up at your wedding.
oh my god, I laughed out loud here at work and got a bunch of funny stares!

In answer to the OP question. I'm using favorite colors. yellow and royal blue. In October.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

sometimes brides choose the color they would like for their bridesmaids dresses to be, and then choose the flowers based on that color.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
My wedding is June 16 of this year...I picked my colors from my dress at first. I thought I would end up with a white dress with a red sash of some sort...well I ended up not doing that...my dress is just white...but I still loved the idea of red and while. My bridesmaids are wearing red and white. I'll do red roses (my fiance's favorite) and white gerber daisies (my favorite). I think my bouquet will be just red roses...and the bridesmaids will carry just white gerber daisies. Simple and classic.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

whitedaisy that sounds pretty!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDaisy128 View Post
My wedding is June 16 of this year...I picked my colors from my dress at first. I thought I would end up with a white dress with a red sash of some sort...well I ended up not doing that...my dress is just white...but I still loved the idea of red and while. My bridesmaids are wearing red and white. I'll do red roses (my fiance's favorite) and white gerber daisies (my favorite). I think my bouquet will be just red roses...and the bridesmaids will carry just white gerber daisies. Simple and classic.
I used the same flowers for my wedding, but the bridesmaids bouquets were a mixture of the 2 flowers and I had white roses.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm having a scarlet and gray wedding (my fiancé is an alum and I'm a fan) and he is wearing a black suit with a red vest and gray tie. My bridesmaids will be wearing black and I will have a red sash around my waist. How did we pick scarlet and gray? It just honestly came to us when we were throwing around colors. My flowers will be gerbera daisies though. Those are the very first flowers he ever bought me. I don't care if it clashes; those flowers hold a special meaning for the two of us.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunatartare View Post
LOL, and I love the dress!

You could get away with using more than one color, if you use them in different places. For example, you might use lavender for your stationery (invitations, response cards, table cards, thank-you cards) and have your bridesmaids wear fuschia.

When DH and I got married, we went with blue. I picked out light blue bridesmaid dresses, and we told each of our mothers, "Wear a blue dress, your discretion as long as it's blue." And I wore sapphire earrings (my "something blue"). DH and I both like blue, so it was a natural choice.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

We're hoping that our Zeta daughter doesn't see the HK dress, as she's a Hello Kitty fanatic and I can just see her wearing that at her wedding!

I've known of some brides to go to the florist's first and look at the bouquet books and then plan colors that go with the one they liked best. I saw a bouquet in one of those books that was all done in blues, greens, and purples and thought that'd be gorgeous to plan gowns around.

One daughter has decided that when she marries, she'll have her bridesmaids wearing all different shades of pastels. We've also been to weddings where the bridesmaids wore gradually deepening shades of the same color. Like the first one down the aisle wore very dark pink, the next one was a little lighter, and so on until you got to the maid of honor, who was wearing very pale pink.