GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,388
0 members and 1,388 guests
No Members online

Old 08-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Banned

Fat people and being a christian

*Disclaimer-I just got back from the gym*

Lately I keep seeing the same thing over and over again. Everytime I'm stuck in traffic I end up behind some car that says "God's plan for you" or "Life is short, pray hard" or something of the like on their bumper or back windshield. Now I'm not knocking God (or whatever name you call him by) at all. But what I find appalling is that everytime I see one of those stickers the person driving always ends up being some fat woman that looks like she's got the cold cuts from lunch seeping through her neck. And today I just couldn't take it anymore. For some reason I had an ass moment and decided to react instead of thinking of the other person. I pulled around this human pig of a female and creeped up next to her. I rolled my windows down and she looked over at me. Her windows were down, too. So in my classic asshole state I pulled out a fellow Dade county boy I had in my CD case and cranked the music up loud as fuck. And if you guessed Trick Daddy as the artist, you're right. I have a 12 inch subwoofer in the back and I turned the gain up as loud as I could on the amp so I could shake this pig's minivan.

As soon as the profanity started she did somethign I've never seen in my life. The woman started praying for me and had her hand extended towards my car!!! I was like WTF?!?!? I was trying to read her lips to see what she was saying and then I started thinking I was hallucinating....turns out she was speaking in a different language while praying for me. All this happened in like maybe 3 minutes. When traffic picked back up she put on her turn signal and was turning into McDonald's. I turned off the CD and yelled out, "Gluttony is a sin you nasty bitch!" and sped off.

Now I know I'm going to have to go to confession come christmas time for what I did today, but why in the hell are holy rolling christians always fat or in many instances they don't keep themselves up? Doesnt God say your body is a temple? I'm begining to come to the conclusion that the only "real" christians that arent preachers/priests/rabbis are those that have somethign wrong with them or they don't feel good about themselves mentally. Is anbody feeling me on this one?

Cashmoney
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-04-2005, 07:00 PM

Re: Fat people and being a christian

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
I'm begining to come to the conclusion that the only "real" christians that arent preachers/priests/rabbis
Well, I am pretty sure that rabbis aren't Christians.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Fat people and being a christian

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000

Thank you there Miss Hotty McTotty. Could you please comment on the actual topic?

-BTW, I'm sitting next to you at the convention.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
um, since it is cash, i'm not sure if you're kidding or not, so i'll answer

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
When traffic picked back up she put on her turn signal and was turning into McDonald's. I turned off the CD and yelled out, "Gluttony is a sin you nasty bitch!" and sped off.
Wow, that is really mean.

But to answer your question, I think you're wrong - a lot of my good friends who are really strong Christians are either athletes or very lanky. And confident / outgoing.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Then again, I also don't generally see them blessing people for playing music with curse words.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

FYI - you're body being a temple isn't just about its physical appearance - it also includes your attitude which means that it just as wrong to be an ***hole.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:48 PM
ADPiZXalum

The only thing we Christian women love more than Jesus is fried chicken
Old 08-04-2005, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a christian and I feel totally great about myself. Remember there are different people in this world. Just because someone is a little heavier does not mean that they do not take good care of themselves or they are lazy.

I am 5'2 and I weight about 98-100lbs. It is hard for me to gain weight but that does not make me better than someone else. I have friends and sisters of different sizes and the world would be a better place if people treated other as though they would want to be treated.

How would you feel if you were her and someone yell at you and played music really loud on purpose? Would you feel respected?

Just giving my 2 cent
Old 08-04-2005, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I dunno Cash, but the Bible also says that the tongue is a powerful weapon, too...

I see a lot of folks driving around with all kinds of Christian icons on their cars to support their beliefs.

Maybe God's plan is to have overweight people to survive when the "Rapture" comes... Thin folks are said not to have a chance...

But, I am not one for prostelytizing...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 08-04-2005, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiZXalum
*DEAD*
Old 08-04-2005, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Quote:
Originally posted by AKA_Monet

Maybe God's plan is to have overweight people to survive when the "Rapture" comes... Thin folks are said not to have a chance...
AKA_Monet, I think you're on to something. If these are really the last days (as some Christians like to think), that means famines are right around the corner. The only people who stand a chance of surviving famines are fat folks.

Hm.

Maybe I need to go and get baptized after all.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Mmmm... that and potlucks. We're always have potlucks at church...
Old 08-04-2005, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Fat people and being a christian

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000
ROFFLE, that's about the funniest thing I've heard all day.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:34 PM
ADPiZXalum

Quote:
Wow, I feel guilty about my own post................... I don't love anything more than Jesus!! Fried chicken comes second.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wow, I feel guilty about my own post................... I don't love anything more than Jesus!! Fried chicken comes second.
We know that, Sweetie - but we also know that fried chicken is nirvana on earth! (same with potlucks!)