GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,488
0 members and 1,488 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Banned

An "Interesting Spin"

Since I'm not going to break the rules set in the AI Agree/disagree threads, I am starting a new thread.

The main theme I'm seeing of late is, "My posts are getting deleted because I'm anti-AI." or "My posts are getting deleted because I don't have the same opinion as others." That is an interesting spin. (Hence the thread title)

No, your posts are getting deleted because you are being reported for breaking the TOS. When you registered for Greek Chat, you agreed to the following:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

The defense for breaking the TOS I keep seeing is, "but we just want to have fun!" That is a classic bully excuse. What is "fun" to you.. may not be "fun" to others. There are people sitting in jail today who thought it was "fun" to pour gasoline on a kitten and light it on fire. It wasn't "fun" for the kitten or the owner... it was cruel, and against the law.

Making parody threads of people you don't like may be "fun" for you, but it's not "fun" for your victim.

Calling people juvenile names may be "fun" for you, but isn't "fun" for your victim.

Linking photos of your victim to your signature may be "fun" for you, but isn't "fun for your victim.

What I find ironic is that those who are doing the complaining about deleted posts keep saying that they are not allowed the "free speech" to express their opinions. Yet these are the very people who swoop down en mass to launch personal attacks on a poster simply because they don't agree with the opinion of this "group".

Disagree and debate to your heart's content. Just don't break the TOS and you won't be reported. It's as simple as that.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't see what this has to do with AI, except that you're "protected" in this forum, and know your posts won't get deleted.

Don't bother reporting me for calling this exactly what it is...I'll just report myself and save you the trouble.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel View Post
No, your posts are getting deleted because you are being reported for breaking the TOS.
You are not the moderator and cannot speak for why posts were deleted. Unless you are really PenguinTrax or Carnation, you cannot speak for them.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
I don't see what this has to do with AI, except that you're "protected" in this forum, and know your posts won't get deleted.

Don't bother reporting me for calling this exactly what it is...I'll just report myself and save you the trouble.
True to the title of this thread, you put an "interesting spin" on the facts. Did you ever entertain the fact that I don't have my posts deleted because I don't break the TOS?
Old 09-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post
You are not the moderator and cannot speak for why posts were deleted. Unless you are really PenguinTrax or Carnation, you cannot speak for them.
Interesting spin... why have you not said that to your pals who are complaining that their posts are being deleted because they disagree with AI?
By your reasoning, they are not mods, so they can't speak for why their posts were deleted.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
True to the title of this thread, you put an "interesting spin" on the facts. Did you ever entertain the fact that I don't have my posts deleted because I don't break the TOS?

Oh please, you aren't perfect. You've made posts that violate the TOS & they've been deleted along with whole threads.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lisa_ View Post
Oh please, you aren't perfect. You've made posts that violate the TOS & they've been deleted along with whole threads.
That's not what Alpha Frog said. Now which is it, am I protected or not? Do I break the TOS or not?
Old 09-29-2006, 09:31 AM
GreekChat Member

I was always under the impression that PenguinTrax and carnation were able to speak for themselves.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's not what Alpha Frog said. Now which is it, am I protected or not? Do I break the TOS or not?

Newsflash: I'm not AlphaFrog. Not everyone on this board that doesn't like you conspires together to have one generic opinion about why things happen the way they do!

Yes, I have seen posts by you that broke the TOS. And along with most of the posts that break the TOS, they've been deleted, sometimes including whole threads.

As for the matter of whether you are protected or not, I wouldn't know. I've never claimed to know either, so you should probably ask someone else.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You're taking two lines of thought that are seperate and stringing them together to make of it what you want. Yes, you break TOS. Yes, your posts are deleted. Yes, you are protected in this forum.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

{hotlinked image removed. please repost with link to your own server}

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 09-29-2006 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

[hotlinked image removed. please link to image on your own server]

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 09-29-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lisa_ View Post
Newsflash: I'm not AlphaFrog. Not everyone on this board that doesn't like you conspires together to have one generic opinion about why things happen the way they do!

Yes, I have seen posts by you that broke the TOS. And along with most of the posts that break the TOS, they've been deleted, sometimes including whole threads.

As for the matter of whether you are protected or not, I wouldn't know. I've never claimed to know either, so you should probably ask someone else.
Whole threads in which I've posted have been deleted, but not because I broke the TOS.... but because you and/or your group have broken the TOS and caused such strife, the whole thing was knocked out.

This is the MO of your group. Instead of addressing the subject at hand, your best defense is offense. Your ilk gangs up on others, call them names, have silly secret s(or what you *think* is secret) ways of mocking others through immature "bat poo" references (yes, all harrassment, and all against the TOS).

Didn't you have a signature that you were asked to delete not too long ago?

Tell me.. were you asked to delete a signature, and for what reason?
Old 09-29-2006, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

You had a post deleted this morning. I got an email that you had replied to me, and I got on here, and POOF! it was gone.

Don't pretend you're innocent.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:56 AM

MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP!

BA, I asked you in several posts quite a while ago if you would sponsor Scandia or any of the other GC PNAIs for alumnae initiation into Zeta Tau Alpha if they were interested, and you never answered. Why?