GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,727
1 members and 1,726 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 04-10-2011, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid Day!!!

I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting! I've been doing a lot of running around these past few days.

Bid Day: Anyways, Bid Day was FINALLY here! I had hardly gotten any sleep, because I was just so anxious to receive my bid! We were given a time slot to pick up our bids. We could go pick them up as early as 9:00. However, I had a 2 hour 8:00 am class to suffer through before I could go pick up my bid. Meanwhile, I tried to keep my mind distracted and focus on the lecture, but my mind just kept racing. I just wanted to be a member of Woody so much. I knew in my heart that it was the right place for me. I loved what the organization as a whole stood for, and the tight bonds all the girls seemed to have. Ken was a great House, but I just knew it wasn't where I belonged and could not visualize myself being there. Despite trying to convince myself to keep an open mind, I knew that I would be disappointed if I did not receive a bid from Woody. I just didn't want to be disappointed. It had been such a long process for me that all I wanted was my happy ending.

Finally, my class was over and I pretty much ran to go pick up my bid. My hands were literally shaking as the Rho Gamma handed me the white envelope. She told me that I could open it, and then let her know whether or not I would accept it.

I ripped open the back slab of the envelope, which revealed the crest of the sorority...as soon as I saw that crest...I knew...I didn't even have to pull out the rest of the card..."Yes, yes, yes...yes I'll accept the bid I yelled!!." I had received a bid from Woody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not have been anymore thrilled than I was! I was overwhelmed by excitement and happiness! The Rho Gamma's all clapped and congratulated me. I was absolutely beside myself (in fact I still get excited just thinking about it)! That night was bid night celebrations, and all the knew members literally sprinted to their new Houses. It was amazing!

Now I won't keep you guys wondering...after such a long journey it is my absolute delight to announce that I am now a very proud new member of...

DELTA DELTA DELTA!

I had loved this House from the very beginning, and I now love all of my new sisters. I am so proud to be able to call myself a Tri Delt. I guess this was meant to be for me after all. Sure it took me a little longer to find my home...but believe me the wait was well worth it! Thanks for reading everyone!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jflynn
Always nice to see a rush story with a happy ending, especially since your first tries didn't go so well. Good writing, too

Good luck as a Tri Delt!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to you and Tri Delta!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 04-10-2011, 02:27 PM

Congratulations!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyday07 View Post

Woody: I was so excited to attend Woody my second pref. party! We lined up outside the House and each girl was introduced by a sister that she had spoken to before. The sister would also say something special about the girl that she had learned about her throughout the week, which I thought was very sweet! When it was my turn I was introduced and taken into the House by the very first girl I had spoken to. She was so excited to see me, and I was completely stoked to see her! We had a great conversation, and the way she spoke about her House and the bonds she had made really touched me. I then spoke to a second girl that I had not yet talked to. Still we hit it off immediately, we were chatting, laughing, and sharing the best stories! It was just so great! Then, it was time for the ceremony. The ceremony was so beautiful, and the love that the girls had for each other could simply be felt. These girls did not want someone that was like them, they wanted someone that was themselves. When the ceremony ended the girl I had been speaking to led me out, and she shared a few words of what her sorority meant to her, which was very touching. I couldn't help but tell her that I felt very at home there, and that I could see the special bond her and her sisters hold. I left this House just knowing in my heart, my mind, and my soul that I belonged there. I wanted to be a part of Woody so much. I could only hope that the sisters felt the same about me as I felt about them.
When you said those two things, I knew it had to be Tri Delta. I still remember saying those words as president during the preference ceremony.

Welcome to the bonds of Tri Delta! I know you will have a wonderful experience!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations Sunny & Congratulations Tri-Delt!!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! Great story.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

good for you!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations! Your story is very well told, too!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Goose bumps. Congratulations to you and Tri Delta. Enjoy your lifetime of membership!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 04-11-2011, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

It's worth waiting a semester for the lifelong bond. Of course that's not going to work on every campus, but I'm glad it worked for you. The Tri-Delts lived right behind us and I will never forget that song - ba doom ba doom tri delta ba doom ba doom tri Delta....
Old 04-11-2011, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats!!! Delta Delta Delta is a wonderful organization and I hope you love your experience with them!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 04-11-2011, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats! You picked a great time to post your story, when we weren't confusing you with 10 other "My Recruitment Story 2011s".
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! Your story was a fun read. Have fun in Delta Delta Delta!

Be a Volunteer!