GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,423
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, acheldarko1907
» Online Users: 2,800
0 members and 2,800 guests
No Members online

Old 04-23-2010, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile 1st time Rushee

In January my senior year we moved out of state. I was use to moving my father had always been moving as his job changed. This time I just happened to be going to college in the fall and my family couldn't afford out of state tuition for our old state. I was so nervous the 1st weekend I didn't leave my dorm. The interest date was coming up so I had to decide fast. I didn't know anyone so atleast I could get a few friends out of it maybe. The 3 day experience starts here:

At 8 am you meet your Rho Chis and the girls in your group. My group had 15 girls. We then went for light snacks to meet the 5 organizations on campus.

Alpha- The girls here welcomed us all in matching dresses and pearls. It was cute but I didn't know if I looked at myself as that cute of a girl. Their house was adorable, the food was shaped in their mascot and the girls rooms were neat as can be. They were warm to me but I didn't know if I stood out enough. I don't think they excluded anyone but I was sure you still needed to fit the basic package of tanning and shopping.

Beta-They weren't so great. The girls gave us paper plates with snacks on it and asked who wanted to go out tonight. I am not much of a party girl so I knew this didn't fit me. They were also a little more open and loud than I am.

Gamma-These girls were similar to Alpha but unique and very friendly. The only difference from Alpha is that they asked if I had a referral sheet. I feel all the girls are open to anyone but they seem to hold strong to former family as members.

Delta-These girls were very laidback. Their house wasn't so perfect, very clean but not matching bedspread for every room and their names on the pillows. I really liked this about them. I try to stay laidback and stress free. They also were goal focused and committed to sisterhood. They had a schedule on the wall of things the sisters were doing each day. Lunch at 12 or movies at 5. I started to think they might be a little two structed for me though. I sometimes just lie to lay down and watch the clouds lol.

Epslion-These girls were a mixture and that stood out right away. They had the girls who were in makeup and the ones who had their mom and sister alumnae there. There were also girls who came out and said they didn't join to be known as this sorority but for the friendship and memories. I loved how accepting they were and knew that all had positive and negatives but the one that mixed everyone together had to mesh the best.

That night was the first dinners. We were allowed to go to all to make our top 3. I decided to no go back to Gamma.

If anyone would like to hear the rest I will gladly answer
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary_bubbles View Post
In January my senior year we moved out of state. I was use to moving my father had always been moving as his job changed. This time I just happened to be going to college in the fall and my family couldn't afford out of state tuition for our old state. I was so nervous the 1st weekend I didn't leave my dorm. The interest date was coming up so I had to decide fast. I didn't know anyone so atleast I could get a few friends out of it maybe. The 3 day experience starts here:

At 8 am you meet your Rho Chis and the girls in your group. My group had 15 girls. We then went for light snacks to meet the 5 organizations on campus.

Alpha- The girls here welcomed us all in matching dresses and pearls. It was cute but I didn't know if I looked at myself as that cute of a girl. Their house was adorable, the food was shaped in their mascot and the girls rooms were neat as can be. They were warm to me but I didn't know if I stood out enough. I don't think they excluded anyone but I was sure you still needed to fit the basic package of tanning and shopping.

Beta-They weren't so great. The girls gave us paper plates with snacks on it and asked who wanted to go out tonight. I am not much of a party girl so I knew this didn't fit me. They were also a little more open and loud than I am.

Gamma-These girls were similar to Alpha but unique and very friendly. The only difference from Alpha is that they asked if I had a referral sheet. I feel all the girls are open to anyone but they seem to hold strong to former family as members.

Delta-These girls were very laidback. Their house wasn't so perfect, very clean but not matching bedspread for every room and their names on the pillows. I really liked this about them. I try to stay laidback and stress free. They also were goal focused and committed to sisterhood. They had a schedule on the wall of things the sisters were doing each day. Lunch at 12 or movies at 5. I started to think they might be a little two structed for me though. I sometimes just lie to lay down and watch the clouds lol.

Epslion-These girls were a mixture and that stood out right away. They had the girls who were in makeup and the ones who had their mom and sister alumnae there. There were also girls who came out and said they didn't join to be known as this sorority but for the friendship and memories. I loved how accepting they were and knew that all had positive and negatives but the one that mixed everyone together had to mesh the best.

That night was the first dinners. We were allowed to go to all to make our top 3. I decided to no go back to Gamma.

If anyone would like to hear the rest I will gladly answer
I look forward to reading the rest.

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Sure, come on back.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I know everyone is thinking I would have said no to Beta, but they didn't try to exclude so I shouldn't exclude them. They might party but I could come out my shell maybe just a little?

Alpha had awesome skit and I learned so much for what they stood for.
Beta they were hilarious but not very serious on stating how I would make the sorority better or how they could enhance my life.
Delta & Epsilon was good also. I know the girls all worked hard to impress us!

Alpha & Epsilon invited me back, Delta could only invite a few back because they no longer have a house and are trying to stay small for now. They said if I committed to them right then they would give me a bid. I thought this was unfair to the others.

I ran down the hill to Epsilon. The sisters I always wanted and forever will have.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

....and Epsilon was.....?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

This was the most abrupt story I've every read.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
This was the most abrupt story I've every read.
Yes ma'am.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
....and Epsilon was.....?
Googled her signature about blue and gold....Alpha Xi Delta is double blue and gold, Sigma Gamma Rho is royal blue and silver.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

If memory serves me correctly (from another gc conversation) I know think is a local in like Nebraska or Iowa that also uses Blue and Gold.

I doubt the OP in an Alpha Xi because we're pretty big on the "double blue" part of "double blue and gold".
Old 04-27-2010, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I know everyone is thinking I would have said no to Beta, but they didn't try to exclude so I shouldn't exclude them. They might party but I could come out my shell maybe just a little?

Alpha had awesome skit and I learned so much for what they stood for.
Beta they were hilarious but not very serious on stating how I would make the sorority better or how they could enhance my life.
Delta & Epsilon was good also. I know the girls all worked hard to impress us!

Alpha & Epsilon invited me back, Delta could only invite a few back because they no longer have a house and are trying to stay small for now. They said if I committed to them right then they would give me a bid. I thought this was unfair to the others.

I ran down the hill to Epsilon. The sisters I always wanted and forever will have.

It's almost too abrupt. Just the facts, ma'am. And "general" facts, too. Recruitment stories usually have emotions tied to them. I kind of don't believe it. The language also bugs me.

As for colors, Phi Sigma Sigma is blue and gold. Plus, they are common in the northeast.

Last edited by ree-Xi; 04-27-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I decided to no go back to Gamma.
This statement reminded me of something my Eastern European Staramama would have said....

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!