GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,080
2 members and 2,078 guests
Kevin, Xidelt

Old 01-13-2002, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Tallahassee, Florida, USA and Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Sisterplum
deltajas,
I knew that the south would have more req's for gymnastics! Dammit!!! Ah well!
Thanks for the tip about pro cheerleading (and by that I'm assuming you mean like NFL and NBA cheerleaders right?!) Unfortunately I live in Tallahassee right now (not the hub of professional sports that's for sure!!!) I don't know if I'd like pro cheerleading though...I'm more of a stunt person myself! I love throwing people in the air and creating super pyramids!!! If only the NFL cheerleaders did that.....that would be really cool!
I did email the coach of FSU's squad and asked for the req's for the all-girl squad there, so we'll see! Who knows, maybe they don't require gymnastics?! Now that would be a dream!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-15-2002, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Does anybody else here on GC cheer for their university? I do and just got back from UCA nationals in Orlando. Did anyone else go? I thought it was very interesting how Kentucky got booed and the crowd started chanting U-C-F when they were interviewing one of the Kentucky girls.

Kentucky had a slight edge on difficulty, but come on, they dropped, while UCF didn't, they just had to save one pyramid.

Oh well.
Old 01-15-2002, 03:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Where can I find more info about pro-cheering? Would I have to look up the requirements on the team websites? I'm not sure where I'm going to be living come graduation, but it sounds like a lot of fun. I'll probably need to grow my hair before I try out...(none of those girls ever have shorter hair )

If the Pittsburgh Steelers had pro-cheerleaders, I would be in heaven.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

hEY Bro2b, I cheered for the last 3 years, but we go to NCA Nationals in Daytona(not UCA) Although my freshmen year one of my friends on my team was UCA staff, the rest are NCA.(I know what yu mean though, at NCA it seems like people always want Louisville to not win, and the last time I was there they did not and had to burn their champion pre made gear on the beach)
Moxie, just go online and search professional cheerleaders, you should find a list of all the teams, as far as requirements, there are usually no specific, except age, and high school or GED, most are more geared towards dance, although last year when I practiced with a Pro team here, we worked on some stunts(nothing spectacular just some all girl extensions, at which they were amazed with people who could base or fly easily) Just work on your flexibility, like splits and high kicks, and maybe take up an adult jazz class. Give yourself at least two months on a workout program before hand, mostly cardio and work your abs. Good luck!
Old 01-18-2002, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
I have a confession. I was a cheerleader also . . . I try not to admit it to many people, but confession is good for the soul.

Also, for those of you interested in cheering after college, there are regional and allstar teams all over the place that go to competitions. And you can do it until you are 80+.

Just an FYI.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James
I have a confession. I was a cheerleader also . . . I try not to admit it to many people, but confession is good for the soul.

Just an FYI.
I cant see it. I just cant see it. It's like seeing KABM as a cheerleader. I just cant. Ow, its making my head hurt. I'm going to quit trying now.

"...not that theres anything wrong with that."

Old 01-18-2002, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

James, don't hang your head! I too was a university cheerleader and in looking back, am very proud of that. I made some great friends--it was almost like a coed fraternity--and some great contacts as well. I had some super, never-to-be-forgotten experiences too!

I have 2 daughters cheering for coed all-star squads now. If they want to go on and cheer in college I'll support them but I'd insist that they pay a liiiittle more attention to grades than I did!
Old 01-19-2002, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
LOL, I know the horror ! The Shame ! Imagine having to go through endless practices lifting and putting your hands all over petite girls. Utter degradation! And damn, those hands slip every now and again . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by lifesaver

I cant see it. I just cant see it. It's like seeing KABM as a cheerleader. I just cant. Ow, its making my head hurt. I'm going to quit trying now.

"...not that theres anything wrong with that."

Old 07-20-2002, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James
LOL, I know the horror ! The Shame ! Imagine having to go through endless practices lifting and putting your hands all over petite girls. Utter degradation! And damn, those hands slip every now and again . . .

Yes they do.....hence my stunt partner and I now have a 2 year old son. We swear we are going to get a phone call from the school on his first day of kindergarden..."You need to come get your son, he is insisting that he can grab any little girl by the waist and throw her up in the air"....maybe our dreams will come true....of Course we'll have to move to Memphis and pay the tuition (which I'm sure is through the roof) at Christian Brothers...oh well, sometimes you have to make sacrifices for your kids...

Last edited by KDShan; 07-20-2002 at 10:17 PM.