GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,267
3 members and 1,264 guests
g41965, Xidelt

Old 11-25-2001, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Leader or Follower

Do you tend to be a leader or follower? Is it ok to be a follower?
Old 11-25-2001, 10:40 PM

Leader, without a doubt , leader.

I think it's cool to be a follower if that's all you really can be. i've known people to follow because it's the easiest thing to do, even though they really had the heart, desire and ability to lead others. Not everybody is cut out to lead. Some aren't organized enough, others aren't asshole enough. But, especially within greek life, you notice that some people don't try to be a leader because of the politics involved with elections and whatnot. That just sucks because a lot of the time, the people who end up getting positions aren't the best qualified, they were the ones who ran. Especially with a fraternity, you need people who will show the younger guys the ropes and teach them how to become leaders, that's what replenishes the strength of the group. As for me though, i wasn't confident enough to lead as a freshman, but once I realized that people would follow and that I was as capable if not more capable than 99.9% of others around me, I had the "why not me?" attitude, and its stuck ever since.
Old 11-26-2001, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I always believed that in order to be a good leader, one must be flexible enough to be a "follower", not a dummy following blindly but someone who listens to and follows what those they are leading say.
I am a leader though, in all aspects of my life
Old 11-26-2001, 12:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to DOVE1920 Send a message via Yahoo to DOVE1920
I think I have a little bit of both. I lead when appropriate and follow when appropriate. There is nothing wrong with following someone who you feel is handling their business.
Old 11-26-2001, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to shannieglass
I am..

..a little of both..there are times when I lead, and times when I follow..It is iimportant to be able to do both because there are times when I am not always an authority in or on a particular situation. So being able to do well in both roles works well for me
Old 11-27-2001, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Team Player with Leadership skills.

Typically, I end up in leadership positions when I have time. However, I am just as comfortable on the team. I agree if one wants to be a good leader one should be able to work on the team.
Old 12-03-2001, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Personally, I prefer to be a leader. Mainly b/c some of the people around me aren't doing much for themselves and I like to set a positive example. I also like being a leader b/c I sometimes come up with good ideas and/or advice/constructive criticism that can help benefit others and give them something to think about. I think it's cool to be a follower if you know that the leader you're following is leading you in the right direction.
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 11-03-2006, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

TTT for anyone else who wants to answer this question.
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me