GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 1,722
0 members and 1,722 guests
No Members online

Old 03-30-2012, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Candy Cane's recruitment story

Hello all!

My name is Candy Cane (I don't know what my parents were thinking!). I went through recruitment this past fall at Popular University. Popular University is a pretty big school (like 45,000 students) in Hill Valley, California.

My whole family is greek, in one fraternity or sorority or another. It was a guarantee that I would go greek when I went to college. What I joined was a whole other issue.

I grew up in a small town called Smallville (ironic with the name huh?). I wanted out of Smallville and that is why I chose Popular University. In high school I was homecoming queen, class president and on the varsity cheerleading squad. I was also in choir and drama. I was very busy.

The chapter at my school are: Zeta Beta Zeta, Pi Delta Pi, Delta Beta Theta, Delta Nu, Kappa Theta Xi, Kappa Kappa Delta, Pi Pi Pi, Kappa Phi Nu and Omega Mu.

Here are my impressions of each chapter before recruitment started...

Zeta Beta Zeta- I was able to visit this chapter when I visited Cyprus-Rhodes University. I was able to meet Casey Carpenter, who was the house mom, and Rebecca Logan, the president. They were nice and all but Rebecca seemed just a bit bitchy.

Delta Nu- I liked this chapter coming into recruitment. The girls are super sweet. I was able to meet the sisters of the Alpha chapter at California University-Los Angeles. My only concern is that they might expect me to go to law school. I’m smart, but I don’t want to be a lawyer.

Pi Delta Pi- I was able to take a tour of this house when I went to Adams College. My aunt is a sister. Although their house here at Popular University is different, the house at Adams still had holes in the ceiling from when the Tri-Lams came and put cameras in the house. Why this wasn’t fixed I have no idea. Maybe they liked being filmed, who knows.

Delta Beta Theta- My mom is a sister of this chapter. She is all about Delta Beta Theta! She made me wear “Delta Beta Theta Legacy” clothes when I was a child. I have gone to every one of their conventions and I’m not even a member! I know my mom really wants me to go this house. The girls seem nice, but they also look perfect! Almost too perfect. The President, Gwen, seems kind of snooty. My sister is a member as well, but at Gotham City University.

Kappa Theta Xi- a girl who was a senior when I was a freshmen in high school joined this house. She seems to enjoy it. They have won the Tri-Crown cup since she joined her freshman year. That seems like a lot to live up too if I join.

Kappa Kappa Delta- I don’t know much about this house. The sisters seem nice though.

Kappa Phi Nu- I also don’t know much about this chapter. I know that the former president, Rachel Witchburn, was booted from the house. The new president is someone by the name of Dinky.

Pi Pi Pi- I heard these girls were kind of slutty.

Omega Mu- When I visited Adams college I knew right away that this sorority was not for me! The girls weren’t that pretty and they were really fat! No wonder they started this sorority. I’ve seen a couple of members on campus, the ones I’ve seen seem dowdy to me. We shall see if my opinions change during recruitment.

I was really in a weird and creative mood today, so I thought "what the heck I'll write a fictional recruitment story using sororities that we have seen on TV".

Here's the list again and the shows they were on:

ZBZ-Greek
Delta Nu-Legally Blonde
Pi Delta Pi-Revenge of the Nerds
Delta Beta Theta-Sorority Wars (a Lifetime movie)
Kappa Theta Xi-Sorority Wars
Kappa Kappa Delta- Friends (Rachel’s sorority)
Kappa Phi Nu- Sydney White
Pi Pi Pi- Greek
Omega Mu- Revenge of the Nerds

Hope you enjoyed my first installment.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-30-2012, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Awesome, except you were too honest about Omega Mu. "They are really nice girls, but I just wasn't feeling it" is the correct way to describe them.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Dearest Candy:

A few details you missed (...that you might want to take into account as you proceed with recruitment):

Kappa Kappa Delta-Very rich and pretty...oh, but those rumors about what goes on out on the sleeping porch!

Omega Mu-The sisters are "...very spontaneous" when it comes to socializing.

Also, what was that horrible, murderous sorority on CSI Miami (at the elite private "Dade County University")? Talk about taking risk management to a new high...

And what about the sorority from Animal House?

Last edited by sdtennisgal; 03-30-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Aren't you rushing that new local, what was it, Icky? Oh wait, Iota Kappa Iota, I heard their president is a total beeyotch, but they have no nationals so they don't have to stick to any rules!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Psst... The ZBZ housemom's name is Casey Cartwright...