GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,332
2 members and 2,330 guests
No Members online

Old 04-10-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I get that. What I don't get is why the fraternity pledges go along with it. No fraternity I know would have done that and no pledges would've gone along with it, it's just bizarre.
Because (as stated previously) they know that the sorority is going to report back "well, Vincent didn't know the words to your sweetheart song" or whatever. We often had fraternity pledges come to the house on scavenger hunts or other pledge duties. Not to this degree, it seems like these chicks need to get a couple boy on boy videos and just make the guys do their dishes or something.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Because (as stated previously) they know that the sorority is going to report back "well, Vincent didn't know the words to your sweetheart song" or whatever. We often had fraternity pledges come to the house on scavenger hunts or other pledge duties. Not to this degree, it seems like these chicks need to get a couple boy on boy videos and just make the guys do their dishes or something.
well that's just petty.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 PM

Lol. If that's the way you roll I've got no problem. I just know we never asked guys to do body shots off each other. Then again this was in the days before male waxing
Old 04-11-2014, 06:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I get that. What I don't get is why the fraternity pledges go along with it. No fraternity I know would have done that and no pledges would've gone along with it, it's just bizarre.
They go along with it because they lose face if they can't handle what the girls dish out. Whenever I hear about hazing, I don't get why the pledges go along with it... whether it's doled out by their own chapter or another chapter. But I also don't get why the members ever think it is a good idea.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
33girl, we did the same stuff you mention back in the 90s. One fraternity always sent one of their pledges around to all of the sorority houses with a few brothers and all of the sororities contributed to dressing him up like a girl. The whole body shots thing in this story is just weird!
Old 04-14-2014, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

More Interim Suspensions and Investigations at UConn: This Time, Delta Gamma and Sigma Chi

UConn has put the DG and Sigma Chi chapters on interim suspension pending an investigation of alleged hazing; see

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...254944291.html

This is different from – but obviously similar to -- the interim suspension of DZ.

The report ^^ mentions suspensions of Kappa and SAE, also.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
.... another 2 bite the dust.... how many greek organizations are in good standing at UConn?

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 04-14-2014, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I was originally disappointed that ADPi was not presenting at UConn, but after seeing all of these allegations I'm glad we're not potentially expanding in a culture like that. Hopefully if UConn opens up again down the road these problems will have begun working themselves out and we might be able to return to campus.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:44 AM

Another issue at UConn is inequitable housing. Gamma Phi Beta is in a dorm and the new group would also be in a dorm, while the other groups have houses. From the write up I saw, this seems to be the permanent arrangement. Housing inequity rarely works out well.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
Another issue at UConn is inequitable housing. Gamma Phi Beta is in a dorm and the new group would also be in a dorm, while the other groups have houses. From the write up I saw, this seems to be the permanent arrangement. Housing inequity rarely works out well.
Isn't BGSU changing their Fraternal Housing to meet this inequality?

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Isn't BGSU changing their Fraternal Housing to meet this inequality?
Huh? I was talking about UConn???
Old 07-29-2014, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
UConn sororities are not in houses, per se. They are housed in Husky Village or in one certain residence hall (see http://greeklife.uconn.edu/housing/). I don't live in Storrs, but am over that way a few times a year (I live on the other side of the state).
Old 07-30-2014, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Gamma Phi is moving into KKG's old spot in Husky Village
Old 07-30-2014, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
what happened with the interim suspensions for DZ and DG?

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 07-30-2014, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
what happened with the interim suspensions for DZ and DG?
The school website still has those two groups listed. I find that interesting in light of the news on here.