GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,445
0 members and 1,445 guests
No Members online

Old 12-06-2010, 02:31 AM
GreekChat Member

How to: Band Party

I go to a small university, which of course has a smaller system of a greek life. No one has ever hosted a band party, and I want to be the first. What goes into setting it up? I know absolutely nothing about this topic and any advice is welcome.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-14-2011, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

first research local bands, talk to them about prices and work with your budget. Tehen youll have to get a noise permit from the local police, this has to be a certain time ahead of the date. I know where im at its 15 business days before the event. other than that the rest is up to the band
Old 02-14-2011, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

The rest MAY be up to the band.

If you're doing this at a bar that normally hosts live music, then you're probably good. If not, a band doesn't necessarily come with a stage, lighting, or all the sound equipment they need. Talk to some booking agents. They manage a range of bands. You need to make sure everything you need is covered in the contract, or you may end up with some expensive surprises.

I'm sure you can figure out security and all that kind of stuff.

As far as permits, I'm sure you know a little about hosting events already, but you do need to look into this. There is a strong possibility you will need something like a noise or event permit. Understand when you do that, you're telling the cops you're having a loud party that night. They'll be watching. Make sure the rest of your risk mgmt is air tight and you abide by the times and such. Try to include a rain date in your permit if you can, and same with the band.