GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,761
1 members and 2,760 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebabe8 View Post
i dont know. i just think all day every day about how bad i want to be in a sorority. how perfect it would be for me. how much it would improve my life. i have no friends in my college. do you know how that feels? to have no one to talk to...its not easy making friends but joining a sorority would. i see girls that automatically become close with girls because of all the time they have to spend together and because they are part of something together. i just want to belong and feel accepted.
I call troll.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
i dont know. i just think all day every day about how bad i want to be in a sorority. how perfect it would be for me. how much it would improve my life. i have no friends in my college. do you know how that feels? to have no one to talk to...its not easy making friends but joining a sorority would. i see girls that automatically become close with girls because of all the time they have to spend together and because they are part of something together. i just want to belong and feel accepted.
You have no friends at your college but all the girls in your "fave" sorority want you to join. Allrighty then.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
There are numerous clubs and organizations that you can join on a college campus. To say that you have no friends because you're not in a sorority is ridiculous.

I know that it would be great to get a bid, however, school comes first (as it should with any organization). Focus on that.

@~/~~~~
Old 06-07-2011, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I do understand how you feel, but that doesn't make it okay to come on here and act like a bitch. Joining a sorority doesn't mean your instant best friends with everyone, it takes work to build those kind of relationships, in and out of Greek Life. If you dedicate some serious effort to your studies, you might be able to get your GPA up high enough for you to rush. If it doesn't happen this semester, there will still be other chances for you to rush. It's not like your life is over if you pledge later on in your college career. Granted, it is much harder to get a bid as an upperclassman, but it is possible. I don't know why I'm helping you, but there you go.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

whatever i came on here to get help but all you guys have done is made me feel worse than i already did about myself. im done here peace
Old 06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Good.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
whatever i came on here to get help but all you guys have done is made me feel worse than i already did about myself. im done here peace
Old 06-07-2011, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

iCant w/ that cat lol

Old 06-07-2011, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

It's simple:

1) Study.
2) Go through recruitment later on.

This isn't difficult.

But hey, we're the dumb ones. What do we know?

@~/~~~~
Old 06-07-2011, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

but i wouldnt want to do recruitment as an upperclassmen.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

i could get my gpa up this summer with 9 credits. but the minimum you can take is 7. i just wish there was a way to persuade my advisor to let me take 9
Old 06-07-2011, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
im done here peace
Quote:
im done here peace
Quote:
im done here peace

Old 06-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You can't always get what you want.

*waiting for someone to finish the lyrics...*

@~/~~~~
GreekChat Member

Quote:
well actually the sorority wants me. the problem is if the actual greek life office will let me rush
Once again, you do not know that the "sorority" wants you. Even if a few girls would like to have you as a sister, that does not mean the CHAPTER wants you as a sister. The "I know they want me" attitude will not work for you. I promise you this.

The question about exceptions has been answered. On SOME campuses SOME chapters will take grade risks. However I've personally never heard of a bid being extended to someone with a 2.12 college GPA. Regardless, your attitude, inability to write on a high school level (much less college), and admitted track record of skipping class will not help you. Focus on school. Find a club to join that will not take the time that a sorority would.

And lastly, joining a sorority does not mean you automatically have a bunch of besties. True friendship takes work.

ETA: If you could not handle a normal class load it is very, very unlikely you could successfully take more classes than normally allowed this summer. Part of college is learning to do things like communicate with your advisor to find an academic plan that you can handle so that your GPA will not be so low in the future. This does not mean you should take an overload of classes just to "get into a sorority" as a) you are in college to get a degree...anything else is secondary and b) I don't care how awesome you think you are, a bid is not guaranteed to anyone.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx

Last edited by Alumiyum; 06-07-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Closed Thread