GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,246
1 members and 1,245 guests
sabellashulzez9

Old 05-28-2010, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleyball29 View Post
Being a legacy is cool and all but I am pointing out it doesn't matter if you are the "new" person at a school nobody in your family went too. It matters at the chapter that you can point at the composite and say that is MY mom or you meet the girl thats mom and your mom were best part of the same family. She won't get in at Michigan for being a legacy of any kind, she has more of a chance at the chapter her family were part of because they are known.
WAIT, WHAT??!! You are a legacy to a chapter no matter where your relatives went to school. You stand no better chance of getting into a Chapter if your Mother, Grandmother and all your sisters were xyz at UofDumb or if your going to UofSmart. All legacies hold the same amount of weight. I would be so careful if I were you. You don't know the Kappa's a Michigan State and can not possibly know that her sister wont become a member of Kappa. I'm sorry, but that is CRAZY TALK. When a legacy walks through our door that thinks they have a bid like you do it is bye bye. They don't care who your relatives are. Ladies don't like girls who are not humble in my humble opinion.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-28-2010, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't imagine that any organization wants some not-yet-a-member going around telling people what their policies are, especially if those policies are misrepresented.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellfish View Post
I can't imagine that any organization wants some not-yet-a-member going around telling people what their policies are, especially if those policies are misrepresented.
Precisely.

But don't you know she was raised in it, bless her heart.

Volleyballgirlwhatever:
Perhaps you should tell us what organization you're 'already a member' of if you would like us to take your claims seriously.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I didn't say legacies aren't all equal. I frankly don't think being a legacy has any merit to get you in. It is just an ice breaker but you can't stand on your two feet as a legacy in a chapter you have never been around before. It is easier to talk about being a legacy and make a connection when you can show your family picture on the wall and meet girls that had family in it with your family. I am not gonna talk about how well I play volleyball when I play tennis. I do think you have a better chance at a local chapter being a legacy when you can build that bond and I am not saying some girls don't falter and aren't invited back regardless of being a legacy but having a family member in chapters that are nothing like the one you want to join makes no reference to your ability to join even as a legacy so it shouldn't matter.
Jesus Christ.

Shut the fuck up.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I didn't say legacies aren't all equal. I frankly don't think being a legacy has any merit to get you in. It is just an ice breaker but you can't stand on your two feet as a legacy in a chapter you have never been around before. It is easier to talk about being a legacy and make a connection when you can show your family picture on the wall and meet girls that had family in it with your family. I am not gonna talk about how well I play volleyball when I play tennis. I do think you have a better chance at a local chapter being a legacy when you can build that bond and I am not saying some girls don't falter and aren't invited back regardless of being a legacy but having a family member in chapters that are nothing like the one you want to join makes no reference to your ability to join even as a legacy so it shouldn't matter.
Sorry, what organization are you speaking about again?

Because I'm sure we could verify your claims with an active member. And if your membership is assured you wouldn't mind sharing right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Jesus Christ.

Shut the fuck up.
I'm pretty sure even JC can't make her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love&Loyalty View Post
I was counting my Aunt--which I now know is not a true legacy. So I was a double leg and my youngest sister is now a triple leg. I'm sorry to upset everyone above. I just want to know the stereotypes or reputations because I do not wish my sister to be associated with the wrong type of girls. Please accept my apologies and thank you for any helpful information you may provide.
What you judge to be "the wrong type of girls" may be the exact women who make your sister happy. Help her get recs for all the groups (if Mich State even needs them, I don't know) and then don't say another word about it to her. It's amazing she's decided to go through rush at all with your attitude.
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Being a legacy is cool and all but I am pointing out it doesn't matter if you are the "new" person at a school nobody in your family went too. It matters at the chapter that you can point at the composite and say that is MY mom or you meet the girl thats mom and your mom were best part of the same family. She won't get in at Michigan for being a legacy of any kind, she has more of a chance at the chapter her family were part of because they are known.
For the record, Princess..."Michigan" (wolverines) and "Michigan State" (Spartans) are TWO DIFFERENT SCHOOLS! Learn the difference before giving out information. She asked about Michigan STATE NOT Michigan. Stop giving advice when you aren't even Greek, yet.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Bwahahahah...this girl is all kinds of stupid!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-28-2010, 01:13 PM

Thumbs up

Volleyball29...I'm sorry everyone on GC is being so mean. How about providing us with a link to your chapter to be? I'm sure they are wonderful girls and you'll fit right in! Also I'm sure their HQ would love to do a story for their magazine on great ways to cultivate legacies (like inviting them to attend the formal).
Old 05-28-2010, 01:14 PM

I call BS on this. She's probably atoheadlines, mustang_girl, miss_etiquette etc. under a new account.

And thanks for the QFPs. Had to sleep in, it was a rough night. lol.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
It was just semi-formal so what is the big deal? Girls bring non fraternity dates so non college girls that aren't 18 can go. My mom always goes to semi-formal and formals.
Do you have pictures?? I really want to see them.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
for the record I got the info off Michigan State sorry I just said Michigan instead of MSU, semantics doesn't change anything.
In this case it does. lol. Mich and MSU are 2 different schools hun.

That's like when you say Ohio and Ohio State. Not the same.

Anyhow your whole shebang is ducktales. lol.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

Woooooo ooooo.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My mom always goes to semi-formal and formals.
That's creepy.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

Or when people ask me how much I like "Penn"...I have to tell them, "I wouldn't know...I DIDN'T attend an Ivy League school...I attended a Big Ten university."

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO SCHOOLS volleyball29. Also, I'd LOVE to know what GLO it is that you are so certain you will get a bid from....I'd also love to know what school you plan on attending. I'm willing to bet you might not have as much of an "IN" as you think you do.