GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,559
1 members and 1,558 guests
annetaedarky158

Old 02-24-2010, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment Campaign Ideas

What up, everybody.

I'm the newly elected Rush Chair for the delta-zeta colony of Kappa Sigma at the University of New Mexico. We're shooting to get our charter in the next 30 days, but we need nine more guys before that can happen.

So far I'm thinking about contacting some sororities and seeing if some of their girls would be interested in modeling a "I <3 KS" shirt for a set of fliers and posters that will be posted all over campus.

Any other ideas for marketing/ recruitment campaigns?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-25-2010, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

First of all, recruitment is not a "campaign". Don't get into the habit of referring to it as such. If you do, you'll think that girls in t-shirts holding clever signs will get you the high-quality men you're looking for.

You need 9 new members in 30 days. Which means you should be MEETING as many people as possible! In fact, you should probably challenge your chapter to meet 30 guys in 30 days. There are a million ways to do this (which have been posted on this site over and over again).

First thing to do: visit phiredup.com and read as many blog entries as you can... and put some things into action!

Then do a search on this site for other fraternity recruitment ideas.

If you have any questions, PM me

@~/~~~~
Old 02-25-2010, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel like if you're going to utilize sorority women, rather than objectifying them by wearing t-shirts with Kappa Sigma on them, ask them to supply names and contact information of guys they think might make suitable additions. Then when you contact the guys, you can tell them they were recommended by a sorority member. Might be an ego boost.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I feel like if you're going to utilize sorority women, rather than objectifying them by wearing t-shirts with Kappa Sigma on them, ask them to supply names and contact information of guys they think might make suitable additions. Then when you contact the guys, you can tell them they were recommended by a sorority member. Might be an ego boost.
THIS!

The only way I've heard of women being an effective recruitment tool by wearing t-shirts is with this idea (which I believe I heard on phiredup.com):

One fraternity chapter at some school (can't remember which one) posted bright pieces of paper all over campus for one week.. the paper simply said, in big letters, "ASK HER." Everyone wondered all week what they were supposed to ask, and to whom. On Friday, tons of girls who volunteered to help the fraternity were walking around campus wearing bright t-shirts that read, in big letters, "ASK ME." When people approached the girls, they handed them information about that particular fraternity. *the fraternity cleaned up all of the flyers later that day.

(And if I remember correctly, it might have actually been a chapter of Kappa Sigma that did this.)

However, it might be even more effective if you changed it to "ASK HIM", and had all of your brothers wear the "ASK ME" shirts. That way, you could actually have a conversation with the guys who you hand the information to. And if a girl approached a brother to "ask", you could hand to her a paper that says, "If you know a man (or men!) on campus who you believe is hard-working, involved, and a good guy all-around, please forward his name and any contact information to (your email address) ." (But make it sound better than that).

Referrals are your friend!

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 02-25-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
THIS!

The only way I've heard of women being an effective recruitment tool by wearing t-shirts is with this idea (which I believe I heard on phiredup.com):

One fraternity chapter at some school (can't remember which one) posted bright pieces of paper all over campus for one week.. the paper simply said, in big letters, "ASK HER." Everyone wondered all week what they were supposed to ask, and to whom. On Friday, tons of girls who volunteered to help the fraternity were walking around campus wearing bright t-shirts that read, in big letters, "ASK ME." When people approached the girls, they handed them information about that particular fraternity. *the fraternity cleaned up all of the flyers later that day.

(And if I remember correctly, it might have actually been a chapter of Kappa Sigma that did this.)

However, it might be even more effective if you changed it to "ASK HIM", and had all of your brothers wear the "ASK ME" shirts. That way, you could actually have a conversation with the guys who you hand the information to. And if a girl approached a brother to "ask", you could hand to her a paper that says, "If you know a man (or men!) on campus who you believe is hard-working, involved, and a good guy all-around, please forward his name and any contact information to (your email address) ." (But make it sound better than that).

Referrals are your friend!
I love the latter idea!!